Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
So, apologies for the suspense - real life demands and all that.....

Anyway!

So the bag was en route via Evri and then I had a message from her on Tuesday afternoon to say that it had been returned as Evri and Vinted were having problems with their labels. This is completely true, I'd had a separate message from Vinted to say the same. So she said she'd have to refund me and then she'd send the bag to me again using Royal Mail. I wasn't completely sure of the procedure so she sent me instructions screenshot from Vinted which said I had to start the refund process by going through a series of steps. Gotta say, it was pretty complicated, for exampe, you have to high the button to say you've received the parcel to then get to an option to say that the parcel hasn't reached you - what?!

The final step of this process was to hit a button requesting a refund which she said she'd then accept and we could start again. All well and good until dickhead here hit THE WRONG BUTTON and instead of requesting a refund, released the effin' funds to her!! So, at this point she had the bag and my money! :eek: I messaged Vinted, explaining that I'd released the funds to her in error and they, quite understandably, said tough shit, the funds are out of our control now, that's your problem. I messaged her again hoping that she would do the right thing and still send the bag. Silence. I spent a couple of hours getting my head around the fact that I'd lost £400 and the bag and that it was all entirely my fault. I then checked her profile again and could see that she'd been blocked by Vinted. Utter confusion reigned. Then at about 9pm I had another email from Vinted saying that they had investigated and blocked her account as they suspected fraudulent activity and that they would be refunding me in full! Which they did! JESUS EFFING CHRIST!! Talk about rollercoaster! Part of me feels really bad because I don't think she did anything wrong - it was completely my error in that I hit the wrong button releasing the funds to her - but then maybe Vinted know something I don't? 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, I think I may be over buying designer things from private sellers 😂 and for my next bag purchase I'm just gonna buy direct from Loewe! 😂
Omg what a nightmare! Sorry to say you’ve completely put me off buying from private sellers or second hand 😂 I’m just an anxious person and value the peace of mind when buying directly from the boutique, if something goes wrong etc.

So glad vinted returned your money though. The seller seems dodgy, she went silent after you released the funds to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
back from bicester! we went on friday and honestly we're not too fussed on the likes of ysl/dior/gucci so it wasn't *that* much different of an experience to the likes of cheshire oaks. tbh we probs bought more than we otherwise would bc it's not somewhere we can just nip to as and when we feel like it, a few hours drive is a much bigger commitment. it's nice to have a keepsake of the whole trip though.

we bought two bags and a purse in coach, a bit off though that the purse came w a dust bag but the bags didn't? have filled in their contact form and asked if i can request them online but will have to see! also had success in ugg (ugly but i love them green rubber clogs), rituals and the white company. got some xmas ideas too so all in all it was a great trip :giggle:

ATV2021

VIP Member
Just back from holiday in Europe and I've realised I've inadvertently bought a dupe of one of these!

Women's Monogram Wool Cashmere Scarf | TOTEME | 24S

Completely unintentional on my part, I just liked the colours (mine is cream and black) and it was a gorgeous cashmere/wool mix so paid my 30euro and put it in my case. It was only when I got home and looked at it properly that I realised the pattern is actually the Toteme logo! Feel a bit skanky having a fake but hell, it's a beautiful scarf so in true hypocritical fashion, I shall be keeping it 😂
My favourite ever scarf that I've had since 2012...is a faux LV one I got in Majorca for €5. I have no shame 🤣 it's warm and pretty, washes well and evidently lasts well haha.

• Haha

Eliza89

I ordered a Loewe mini puzzle edge from matches as they have the discount mentioned above

I used a credit card as they are in administration but it’s coming tomorrow via dhl and I’ve seen it enough times in person that I’m sure I won’t want to return it

Pretty much the whole website is discounted with the offer20 code if there’s something you like and you know you want to keep

Dizzy

VIP Member
Not designer but not sure where else to put it and I know some of you guys are interested in how fashion brands go in and out of favour.

Just read an article about how Boden’s profits are way down and how they’ve lost their target market by being too trendy. I used to buy shitloads of Boden for my kids when they were young, the quality was great and while I wasn’t a fan of all the appliquéd animal stuff, they did a lot of really gorgeous things. Having 2 of the same sex I could hand it down and then sale it on. I got the odd thing for me but it was always a little conservative for my tastes. I still get the catalogue despite not buying for years and my god it’s expensive now and lots of reviews saying quality is terrible. Had a quick look at their website and it’s pretty damn frumpy 😬 and still rather spenny. Is anyone a fan? I think it’s sad when a brand falls on hard times but like M&S I think it’s lowered it’s standards, tried to go for the trendy market, failed and is now in a bit of no man’s land.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
I need to cut back on the class a/b's.

Thought the topic title said "designer helmets".

Tattle could do with a designer helmets thread though IMHO.

Then it would be perfect.

(ones you put on your head. Not purple sex helmets)

• Haha
eBay >> Vinted, Vinted is the absolute pits - I had to spend 35 minutes on hold & putting through a chargeback for a £50 kids toy the other day after they basically said too bad it was delivered to the incorrect address but at least we delivered it 🤯 that was after weeks of back & forth and me printing forms to hand write for them too 🫠

eBay on the other hand has always been a gorgeous angel of vintage/preloved fashion and homeware!

• Wow

Meg78

VIP Member
I’m a black bag gal; super sensible and interchangeable, so WHY does the orange Loewe have me in a choke hold all of a sudden 😩

IMG_1102.jpeg

AlwaysSummer

Dupes and fakes are definitely not the same. But my point was, a lot of these ‘dupes’ (which people say are dupes but are actually just outright fakes, and sometimes just inspirations) are popping up now and sometimes there is a fine line. E.g. Abott Lyon and their clover jewellery
Agreed- there is fine line between close affordable copies of the Mulberry Anthony bag which seem to be everywhere and more recently the high street nods to the Loewe Puzzle bag. In many ways those need to be taken as compliments to the original item.
However, downright fakes always look tacky IMO. Goes for cars too- perfect example when people start sticking the M sign on their definitely not M class BMWs. Never can understand what the point is?

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Is there a "What I've Bought" thread for general clothes and stuff, not necessarily designer? I know there's a general "Last 3 Things I've Bought" kinda one but wondered if there would be any call for a clothes/shoes/bags/nice shit one incorporating high street finds?
As a shopaholic, I’d totally be down for this!

• Haha
  • Heart
EBay also authenticates and have heavily invested in building a luxury operation. I also think because it's older there's fewer chances. Vinted and depop sellers and buyers are ridiculous sometimes, selling a heavily used item for the same price you'd get it from a reputable reseller, on the opposite end, you'll have buyers asking for a 90% discount from the off
Agree completely - also with its age it’s definitely got a different culture on there? Like a lot of people still selling are long standing (like 2000s, 2010s) accounts and just good vibes. I recently bought a teddy bear I had as a kid and couldn’t believe my luck at finding it & the guy was super communicative so I told him how over the moon I was and he said we’ll have to throw him a welcome home party, my heart 🥲🥲🥲 !!

Also cleanliness is another level versus Vinted. I bought some vintage 30s glass lampshades and was fully prepared to have to smell 90 years of fag ash and dust but they were absolutely immaculate. The sellers just care, whereas on Vinted half of them want putting away for crimes against personal hygiene.

Sorry this has ended up OT, just sharing the eBay love 🥰

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Such a shame about Matches and Farfetch. I hate HoF with a passion these days and never shop there so feel conflicted about whether to carry on with Matches and Farfetch. I guess only time will tell what kind if route these two will take.

TruffleShuffles

Chatty Member
What’s your issue with OUTNET ? Delivery ?
A return I’ve sent has gone missing/nicked. It’s been 10 days and repeated phone calls and they still haven’t raised the issue with UPS. I’ve spoken to UPS myself who have said the parcel had clearly gone missing but the OUTNET need to make the claim but as of yet they still haven’t done it. Their trustpilot doesn’t make great reading as far as returns go.

Edited to add the delivery also took 2 weeks which I though was shocking, with how long it took to get to me and how long this return is taking, I’m going to end up paying interest on my credit card for an item that I had in my possession for less than 24 hours.

• Sad
  • Wow

olivia321

VIP Member
I bought new Oran’s that will sit away till summer 2024 because I’m manifesting a good summer

It’s fuckin freezing and I wish I lived aboard

• Haha
  • Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
I’m going to London soon, hoping to get the Goyard mini Anjou bag in green, but does it look cheap? I’ve heard people say it’s flimsy :( should I just save myself the hassle and just get the Chanel ballet flats? Also I’m going midday so won’t be able to queue in the morning for the goyard so no idea if they’ll still have it when I get there!
Agreed I would go with the Chanel, the Goyard is too easily copied and I cast a suspicious eye on every single one I see, it’s the new Neverfull

Dizzy

VIP Member
Wolford is 1000 X better than Skims.
Plus, you don’t line a Kardashians and Kanyes pockets.
Haven’t seen the Skims ones in all fairness but I second that Wolford do incredible shape wear and I could not agree more about giving those twats a wide berth.

• Haha
Yes agreed. The YSL has clearly been sent out before as the suede inside had a couple of marks - nothing big but you could see someone has put their hand in there and marked it with a nail or a ring. That’s not a deal breaker for me but the metal stamp not having a consistent depth to it and being faded in the middle is really poor.

What did you go for?
I bought this one, medium envelope, I just fell in love with it. In Germany at the moment and it cost £200 less here plus I’ll get my tax back which should be at least another £300. Makes such a difference!

Attachments

• Heart