Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laughalong

VIP Member
So annoyed I missed the Matches sample sale at Trafford Centre. I’d convinced myself it’s gonna be shit, saw a girl post a haul with pairs of Celine sunglasses for £75

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Talking of Flannels, i was going to order online during their f&f event. Then I saw this.
I dislike Flannels immensely😂 said it on these threads before. I think someone said they knew someone who said they dealt with seconds🤦🏽‍♀️. The customer service is terrible, there used to be a phone line - I know because it cost me £40 to use it! It was a premium rate number. I ordered some Gucci trainers and one was scratched and scuffed 🫤 all the sports direct companies are horrible tbf

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Going to Europe tomorrow and hoping to treat myself to a nice bag. I keep thinking it will be “cheap” because you get tax back 😂

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Happy Christmas enablers - hope there are some wonderfully decadent and fabulous presents to share on here

• Heart
  • Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
So annoyed I missed the Matches sample sale at Trafford Centre. I’d convinced myself it’s gonna be shit, saw a girl post a haul with pairs of Celine sunglasses for £75
I went! I think it was only worth it if you went on the first day in the VIP slots 😩
There was virtually no accessories left when I went on the Saturday morning. All the decent shoes were small sizes only. I did get an Isabel Marant jumper I’d had my eye on, but I too had seen some insta stories and thought I’d be able to get my hands on some nice stuff. When I went there was a lot of Zimmermann summer wear, and lots of denim (Frame, Agolde). I kept seeing people with armfuls of stuff but maybe I was being picky! I had to keep going back round as people were dumping things they didn’t want back on the rails.
Sign up to Showcase sample sales, you’ll get the alerts. Hopefully they’ll do more up north as they always seem to be in London 😞xx

Dizzy

VIP Member
I detest Sports Direct and no longer buy from House of Fraser or Flannels because they are such (to quote my mother) fly by nights. Horrible company.

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
I’ve decided I want a speedy. It’s the first designer bag I ever fell in love with as a teenager reading fashion magazines so I want to add it to my collection.

I remember how cheap they were when I first discovered them and 13 year old me thought wow I’ll never have that much money… if only I knew how expensive they would get 😭🤣

Does anyone have one, do you recommend buying new or getting second hand? I love the old, beat up style and that suits my overall style more, but then do I want the in store experience and brand new bag that’s only mine forever….

• Heart

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣
They look tacky but I also find it tacky to comment, especially if there’s others around. I unfortunately don’t really know anyone who’s into nice items like I am, it’s very annoying when people see my stuff, assume it’s fake and show me their own fake 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Islawight

Chatty Member
Thank you 😊 I love sequins and wear a lot to a festival so with that in mind my husband got me this. But I certainly wouldn’t take this to one! I don’t really go out much at all these days so I just feel it’s money wasted really. I still feel 20 so deep down I love it haha

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
DO NOT BUY UGGS ON VINTED. I have never seen a brand new pair on there that are real.

just go to a store maybe?
So, the Uggs are out for delivery and the seller has now been blocked by vinted so I’m 99.99% sure they’re fake 🙈 (FML, I’m never buying anything other than high street on there ever again 🙄) I’m not an Ugg expert - is there anywhere you could recommend for me to use to do an authenticity check other than YouTube etc? I’m not near an Ugg shop to take them in.

• Sad
  • Wow

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Has anyone ever used a rental service? (Please don’t shoot me) I’m headed to a footballers house in a couple of weeks for a child’s birthday party and the pressure to fit in is intense! I tend to stick to wallet on chain as a more affordable price point for my own purchases but last time I attended one of these types of parties I really struggled to carry anything useful for an afternoon with a toddler, I’m in need of a “mum bag” realistically, bucket or crossbody potentially? I’m thinking of renting one for the weekend but there’s so many websites it’s hard to know which to trust, has anyone got a recommendation?
I know the pressure is there but you do you🫶🏼. Though WOC is a great choice if you have one imo. Interested to know: is it like Real Housewives when you’re there👀?

• Heart

Notorious PIG

Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻
I’m so sorry you had such bad service, how disheartening! What a snooty little stuck up little prick to speak to you that way. Totally unacceptable.

Been to the LV at New Bond Street a couple of times this year. Weekdays, walk ins, no appt. They are not rude or stuck up there. I never particularly dress ‘properly’ when I go there either. I tend to dress for comfort on shopping trips. So please do try there.

Tiffany and Ferragamo round there are friendly, welcoming and helpful too.

Popped into Chanel just to have a gander (can’t imagine anytime from now being able to afford anything from there, sadly), and they too were not snooty at all, they were really friendly, not pushy or anything, didn’t follow us round etc.

You’ll have a fab time shopping in London (go on a weekday) ❤

• Heart

Tabitha

VIP Member
Im gonna be honest, im really bad and just shove everything in under bed storage, in my wardrobe or in draws. I dont have the patience or space to display like influencers do.

• Heart
I don’t mind the bags if they’re worn in a Mary Kate and Ashley heroin baggies and stinking of Marlborough lights sort of way, but what makes me die inside is all these beautiful young women (<50 years old) dressing like old matrons with these queen mother looking bags. Like Lydia Millen both cracks me up and perturbs me, she holds herself/her face as if she’s been lobotomised it’s v uncanny valley (+ it’s not just her for any stans reading she’s just the archetype of this bizarre premature aging phenomenon!).

• Haha