Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣

Reactions: 4
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣
Ask them, ooh where did u get this at the store or in a dept store, wait for them to lie, then say my SA said its out of stock and the wait list is at least 2 months

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ask them, ooh where did u get this at the store or in a dept store, wait for them to lie, then say my SA said its out of stock and the wait list is at least 2 months
Genius! 😂 I bit my tongue and didn’t say anything in person, but the orangey-gold hardware and polyester blend is haunting me 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anyone watching I’m a celeb - I’m wondering where Jamie Lynns necklace is from? Looks like a lock and key.

They look tacky but I also find it tacky to comment, especially if there’s others around. I unfortunately don’t really know anyone who’s into nice items like I am, it’s very annoying when people see my stuff, assume it’s fake and show me their own fake 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve noticed a lot of people, including one of my close friends, wear “dupes” now. Not outright fakes, but like clover necklaces, that look similar to VCA but not exact copies. Has anyone else noticed that?

my friend was wearing a ‘clover’ bracelet the other day, I had my VCA bracelet on and neither of us really said anything to each other about it. It’s not really a fake, so I wouldn’t say anything

Reactions: 2
Yeah, fakes are fakes.
Dupes are an item copied/inspired from the catwalk to the high street for a more affordable option, which is great.

Reactions: 5
Dupes and fakes are definitely not the same. But my point was, a lot of these ‘dupes’ (which people say are dupes but are actually just outright fakes, and sometimes just inspirations) are popping up now and sometimes there is a fine line. E.g. Abott Lyon and their clover jewellery

Reactions: 3
They look tacky but I also find it tacky to comment, especially if there’s others around. I unfortunately don’t really know anyone who’s into nice items like I am, it’s very annoying when people see my stuff, assume it’s fake and show me their own fake 🤣🤣🤣
I find it very tacky to comment, especially since one friend in particular asked me out right if my celine sunnies could look any faker 😭 she doesn’t stop going on about it either to the point it’s ruined them a bit for me (they are real lol).

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I find it very tacky to comment, especially since one friend in particular asked me out right if my celine sunnies could look any faker 😭 she doesn’t stop going on about it either to the point it’s ruined them a bit for me (they are real lol).
I get this constantly. ‘Oh but I have the same bag from DH Gate and you couldn’t even notice a difference’ yes you bloody can and that’s not the point anyway 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dupes and fakes are definitely not the same. But my point was, a lot of these ‘dupes’ (which people say are dupes but are actually just outright fakes, and sometimes just inspirations) are popping up now and sometimes there is a fine line. E.g. Abott Lyon and their clover jewellery
Agreed- there is fine line between close affordable copies of the Mulberry Anthony bag which seem to be everywhere and more recently the high street nods to the Loewe Puzzle bag. In many ways those need to be taken as compliments to the original item.
However, downright fakes always look tacky IMO. Goes for cars too- perfect example when people start sticking the M sign on their definitely not M class BMWs. Never can understand what the point is?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
PEOPLE DO THIS ?!😱
Oh yes they do. Others have been known to put post-it notes next to the M to say Not🤣🤣

I mean anyone with vague interest in cars would know just by looking at a few details like the alloys and exhausts what the model is and everyone else would not care for the silly letter on someone’s car, so really they are kidding no one.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.