Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlwaysSummer

PEOPLE DO THIS ?!😱
Oh yes they do. Others have been known to put post-it notes next to the M to say Not🤣🤣

I mean anyone with vague interest in cars would know just by looking at a few details like the alloys and exhausts what the model is and everyone else would not care for the silly letter on someone’s car, so really they are kidding no one.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

soph30

VIP Member
My flat has 3 windows… For the same price I could buy a bag with 3 windows on it.
I know. I almost want to say to the 25 year old who buys it to just buy a couple of flats as an investment instead, your 45 year old self will thank you :)
---
The ironic thing is some male toe rag burglar would probably bypass that and go for something Gucci that resells for £150 😂

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I only used it once to buy a shirt, which I then wanted to return and it was seamless. (The returns process, not the shirt 🤪)

• Haha

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Just had a baby and my lovely husband bought be a Neverfull. It’s been on my wish list for years and I’m so happy with the bag, but a bit underwhelmed with the packaging. It was just shoved in the box, no tissue paper or anything and scrunched up in the dust bag, not stuffed. Now there’s a big crease in the canvas, which I’m sure will go away after a couple of wears but would have expected more for a bag over £1k. He also purchase in store so not even online. Is this not normal for LV?
I’ve been really disappointed in their service - popped into Harrods for my agenda infill, and she kept on repeating that it was out of stock - then it turns out she was looking at the agenda covers, and when I asked for the book I was told to buy it online (even though it’s in stock with them 🙄). Found them v rude

• Wow

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just had a baby and my lovely husband bought be a Neverfull. It’s been on my wish list for years and I’m so happy with the bag, but a bit underwhelmed with the packaging. It was just shoved in the box, no tissue paper or anything and scrunched up in the dust bag, not stuffed. Now there’s a big crease in the canvas, which I’m sure will go away after a couple of wears but would have expected more for a bag over £1k. He also purchase in store so not even online. Is this not normal for LV?
Congratulations on your baby! And what a lovely thoughtful husband.

I'd definitely be dropping them a line to let them know how poorly it was packaged. You're right, that's rubbish for a £1k bag.

• Heart
Hey all, a little bit of insider info.

Mike Ashley purchased MATCHES in January, pulled the plug and put them into administration in March and has now repurchased the brand name and website ect just last Friday (this isn't even revealed to the public yet).

He doesn't want the stock or staff. Got rid of 500+ staff in the process. Only 100ish employees left at Matches under the administrators. After all stock is sold and gone, all staff will be made redundant and Mike Ashley gets MATCHES to himself, the greedy piece of shit. MATCHES will not be the same without its lovely employees and how they shaped the retailer, it's what made the company amazing! such a pity.

No information regarding final sales or anything.. but if there's anything I know, I'll let you guys know! ☺
Thank you for this, unsurprising as this is a well trodden path for him. I can’t remember if I wrote this on this thread or the topshop nostalgia one (so apols if repeating!) but I do wish there was some sort of heritage preservation equivalent for British retail/manufacture? I know that sounds OTT but there are so many special British brands that go to ruin because of bullshit/greed like this, it’s SUCH a shame!

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
Thank you so much! 💓 nearly 4 months 🙂
It’s gorgeous! Congratulations 🥳. After I have a baby I think I may try pop into Harrods and go on the waiting list. Any tips?

Sorry to sound like a Mama get insurance and be very vigilant when walking around London. Otherwise enjoy 😊 ❤

• Heart
Boden are their own worst enemy - they send out SO much physical post, including nicely printed catalogues which will not be cheap to print let alone distribute (why aren’t they putting these in orders so at least the customer covers the shipping cost?). I’ve only bought from them 2-3 times (but have bought some bits from John Lewis too) so not anywhere close to being a high value customer that they could expect to see some ROI on that. They’re also constantly in sale so no one is gonna shop with them at full price.

With that said - I do use them for new baby gifts as they do these cute little pouch bundles and they do gender neutral bits which is handy! Their kids socks are super cute too. I was disappointed with their women’s socks though as the quality is no where near the kids! Agreed re them missing the mark. They had a cute cardi that had bug buttons which sounded gr8 but in reality was just some naff 80s costume earring.

In summary - British women continue to yearn for stylish quality basics, brands continue to choose to ignore us 😂

• Heart
What do you think will happen to Net a Porter? It’s doing badly but was going to be acquired by FarFetch. It’s now left with no one to take it over as FarFetch have been sold and abandoned the transaction :(
---
Don’t think Coupland want Browns or that other random one FarFetch have- Stadium Goods. FarFetch was going to close down the Browns website anyway
I’m surprised Coupang didn’t want Browns! It makes sense as they’re not a British heritage brand in the same sense. But hopefully Browns is acquired by someone who’ll do it justice.

On NAP - cos of the value of it fear it’s vulnerable to being bought by a vile man like Jeff Bezos or Mike Ashley and fam. Both are obvs morally problematic but JB will want NAP wholly on the Amazon platform which is just 😬 as they’ll lose so much for it. Maybe he’ll just poach talent. MA will leave the NAP site up but gradually you’ll see the bargain basement stock creep in & they don’t do customer service/RM or any brand or marketing well at all. Especially not creative. Or anything loool they are just so cheap and shabby. It is a shame as NAP did do it well & ex staff speak SO highly of them/their practices which is increasingly rarer to hear these days. Hopefully a decent international buyer takes it on. Hopefully their staff stay on too.

What do you think? It’s a shame we can’t DM here 🥲 but how are you doing with your job/have you got any plans to leave this year? I finally have and am really relieved as it feels like now there’s only a handful of brands that aren’t major walking red flags/risks to the above. Plus the not-yet-named-a-recession recession 😬😬

ATV2021

VIP Member
Agree completely - also with its age it’s definitely got a different culture on there? Like a lot of people still selling are long standing (like 2000s, 2010s) accounts and just good vibes. I recently bought a teddy bear I had as a kid and couldn’t believe my luck at finding it & the guy was super communicative so I told him how over the moon I was and he said we’ll have to throw him a welcome home party, my heart 🥲🥲🥲 !!

Also cleanliness is another level versus Vinted. I bought some vintage 30s glass lampshades and was fully prepared to have to smell 90 years of fag ash and dust but they were absolutely immaculate. The sellers just care, whereas on Vinted half of them want putting away for crimes against personal hygiene.

Sorry this has ended up OT, just sharing the eBay love 🥰
Ive been an ebay seller since 2004 & definitely take pride in my sales, listings, after care etc. I do the same on Vinted but it's a different calibre of buyer for sure! I've also received much scruffy crap off Vinted that I've never had from ebay!

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I can't find my original post but guys I'm over the moon !!

My Marc Jacobs Tote Bag really faded in less than 6 months of use - I was very careful with it and made sure not to bring her out in direct sunlight too!
I today got an email saying they will happily replace my bag free of charge 😭 Will be shopping there for the foreseeable 🤍🤍🤍
That’s great and exactly the kind of service they should be offering. Delighted for you!

• Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Even more unpopular opinion: spend your cash on a bag that’s just for you (probably a crossbody, as you really need all hands free when you are a mum!) and get a sturdy rucksack for baby stuff. Again hands free, and also you and your partner can both just take it without having to decant baby stuff from a designer tote into a bag that he deems manly enough to take when he’s with the baby! 🤣
Edit: posted at same time as HTRIA re backpacks!

• Heart

conrea37

VIP Member
Is it just me or is every other person wearing a North Face jacket this winter?? I tried one on once and it looked like I was wearing a sack. So overpriced considering they cost a fortune.
I got a north face fleece from a charity shop for £6 :LOL:

• Heart
  • Wow

Meg78

VIP Member
This is a really interesting conversation in general and I love that you referred to being in the epicentre so this isn’t me being shady in the slightest: but sounds as if following more middle class influencers would cover you for what you’re after? Obvs class is far more complex than clothing alone but if you don’t wanna see any ghastly dino stomper trainers with leggings & a Chanel bag & horrific long puffer then the ex mag/literary industry lot who went into Insta mamahood sounds up your street. Just not the ragamuffin ones lol of which there are many.
I’m still trying to figure out my own personal style, historically I’ve just worn whatever my friends are into but now I’m wanting to try out different looks and find what’s comfortable for me, but with a fun side of adhd rejection sensitivity trying to guide me towards safety it’s a little daunting to branch out too far! We’re quite sustainable at home and the vast majority of my purchases, designer or otherwise are preloved, for now I’m wanting to just learn more about the different brands out there and try to build a collection that I’m both proud of and comfortable with, without feeling like I either stick out too much or have wasted my money. Not sure if this makes any sense, but yes to answer from before I’m surrounded by premiership footballers and £100m+ truly wealthy individuals, some of those are quite subtle in their day to day lives, others not so much 😂

Reactions: 4

Dizzy

VIP Member
Good plan @Wifo1976

Talking about Black Friday, I’m guessing that the likes of Chanel, Hermes and LV don’t participate but do any of the others? Like Loewe, Celine, YSL etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 4