Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
The man is a horror. He has the opposite of the Midas touch, everything he has turns to shit. Matches was a lovely company, their packages thoughtfully put together, and fab customer service. Now it will be the same arsecrack service you get with Flannels, HOF and Sports Direct🫠

Reactions: 4
Good morning enablers, I hope we're all well.

Quick question regards bastard Customs charges :rolleyes: I think I know the answer but worth an ask on here as you guys are pretty clued up. My Orans have been held up at the Post Office with a £75 customs charge attached to them 🥴 They came via Netherlands through eBay and obviously as I haven't seen the package yet I'm not sure if eBay put the value on the outside or the seller has done it. Either way, anyone know if I can dispute the charge? I shouldn't really moan as this is the first time I've been caught with Customs charges for years. I paid about £370 for them so still way under website price.

Also someone on the other thread was asking about a Goyard store. I haven't (the only one in the UK is in Mount Street in London) but when I bought my St Louis remotely during Covid the service was exceptional.
You’ll have to pay it if you want them unfortunately. The value is above that of a gift and if they know it’s shoes the charge will be a percentage of the value.

Meg78

VIP Member
Not designer but not sure where else to put it and I know some of you guys are interested in how fashion brands go in and out of favour.

Just read an article about how Boden’s profits are way down and how they’ve lost their target market by being too trendy. I used to buy shitloads of Boden for my kids when they were young, the quality was great and while I wasn’t a fan of all the appliquéd animal stuff, they did a lot of really gorgeous things. Having 2 of the same sex I could hand it down and then sale it on. I got the odd thing for me but it was always a little conservative for my tastes. I still get the catalogue despite not buying for years and my god it’s expensive now and lots of reviews saying quality is terrible. Had a quick look at their website and it’s pretty damn frumpy 😬 and still rather spenny. Is anyone a fan? I think it’s sad when a brand falls on hard times but like M&S I think it’s lowered it’s standards, tried to go for the trendy market, failed and is now in a bit of no man’s land.
I love the kids clothes but can’t justify the price for something they’ll only wear for a hot minute, womenswear has never appealed to me, it’s a weird mix of frumpy and too trendy, I’ve never seen anything I’d consider wearing at double the price of anywhere else!

M&S quality has dropped like a stone too, basics like underwear fall apart quickly, I don’t bother to buy with them either anymore

katyazamo

Chatty Member
Does anyone have a Polene Paris bag? Such a good price point and really beautiful looking bags.
I'm on the fence. I think the price point is so reasonable and the designs are beautiful but I've read quite mixed reviews on the handbags Reddit which has put me off.

Hopefully these links work:

100%, buying a bag that predates demnas time at the brand does not support balenciagas bottom line. Furthermore, if you really care about alleged ponces in the industry, we should all cease buying any kering brands, not just balenciaga as they are complicit by keeping him and anything u buy from gucci, bottega, ysl is probably helping to fund him and anybody else who was part of putting that gross shoot together.

The whole fashion industry is corrupt and full of pervs, miscreants, wronguns etc. So many underage girls being taken advantage of all for the sake of modelling for some pervy photographers. Coco chanel was a known nazi supporter and donor but her brand remains one of the most successful in the world. I wish people would be consistent with their outrage
Yup. Major major issues in the fashion industry that are so embedded, so buying a preowned Balenciaga changes nothing. Some of it veers into snobbery too imo. We can't all be buying Chanel at 2023 prices.

AmmaH

Returns aren't free to Flannels...at least not from Ireland. Last time I ordered it was easier to just keep everything than lose out on the return...wouldn't reorder for that reason

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Net-a-porter has up to 50% off.
Managed to bag a Joseph cashmere sweater, and the Bersace Safety pin brooch (which I miss every single sale)

Foodaholic

VIP Member
Been looking at this thread, I'm not really much into designer items but want to treat myself to some nicer stuff, nothing extravagant but want to buy some nice bags instead of getting multiple shit quality ones. May I ask where do you usually get bags? Any best shops for good deals? Sorry if it's been mentioned loads before!
I love Aspinal, Mulberry and Coach bags. I think Aspinal are my favourite though. Really good quality. I'm getting the Coach Quilted tabby delivered today and I'm very excited. Got 30% off. I'll report back when I've opened it!

ATV2021

VIP Member
I've seen a preloved Alma BB in epi leather on Vinted for £500! It doesn't come with the long strap and has some wear in the photos, but just concerned for such a low price it might look a lot more worn in person. Beautiful light pink colour though
I saw that. Luxe Collective have the same bag
This is a true beauty. I shall share photographs upon her arrival ❤ I've never seen one like it but then it's usually an "inquire for price" bag on the LV website lol preview

Attachments

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
Is it just me or is every other person wearing a North Face jacket this winter?? I tried one on once and it looked like I was wearing a sack. So overpriced considering they cost a fortune.
Totally agree! Patagonia fleeces, toteme stripey sweater and Anine Bing tiger sweatshirt alongside North Face are apparently all we’re allowed to wear this year, I had no idea clothes were being rationed

• Haha

soph30

VIP Member
I’m surprised Coupang didn’t want Browns! It makes sense as they’re not a British heritage brand in the same sense. But hopefully Browns is acquired by someone who’ll do it justice.

On NAP - cos of the value of it fear it’s vulnerable to being bought by a vile man like Jeff Bezos or Mike Ashley and fam. Both are obvs morally problematic but JB will want NAP wholly on the Amazon platform which is just 😬 as they’ll lose so much for it. Maybe he’ll just poach talent. MA will leave the NAP site up but gradually you’ll see the bargain basement stock creep in & they don’t do customer service/RM or any brand or marketing well at all. Especially not creative. Or anything loool they are just so cheap and shabby. It is a shame as NAP did do it well & ex staff speak SO highly of them/their practices which is increasingly rarer to hear these days. Hopefully a decent international buyer takes it on. Hopefully their staff stay on too.

What do you think? It’s a shame we can’t DM here 🥲 but how are you doing with your job/have you got any plans to leave this year? I finally have and am really relieved as it feels like now there’s only a handful of brands that aren’t major walking red flags/risks to the above. Plus the not-yet-named-a-recession recession 😬😬
I’m still freelancing for all the brands above 😂 I wanted a perm job there but now they all look toooo vulnerable. Might go further down the market to like mid luxury as they’re doing better!

I hope the head offices won’t close- NAP is beautiful, have wanted to be perm there for ages
---
I’d rather FarFetch had NAP than Mike Ashley :( they were going to take on FarFetch’s tech as well. Guess their in house studio will defs close as that’s a money drain

• Heart
I have owned fakes. I still own dupes. It's more about when people try to put you down for owning the real thing, which is bizarre, and making it some odd competition. Spend your money how you want.

Plus the way they're made/what they fund etc in the fake world.
Sorry this weren’t actually aimed at yourself but at the others on here who want to call out others for wearing fakes. I just think it’s mean

Sadly it’ll be game over for Matches, it’s just a market share game for him there’s no genuine interest there 🤷🏻‍♀️ He never does anything beyond order fulfilment for these brands - doesn’t try to retain or develop what made them special. Feel sad for any staff who’ve been acquired in this.

Saddened as Matches was my fav but it’s not by force we have to keep with the same retailers/spending at all. I love Liberty but it skews a little older/sometimes a bit posh grot so wouldn’t be my first choice all the time. At least Browns will be ok under the Farfetch acq ?

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Twice more than me. I'm gagging for a night out but evidently I have no friends
Trust me, it was a rarity for me too! I’m not sad I don’t have the type of friends who were out 4/5 nights a week any more tbf, as soon as I started prioritising myself, my health and my goals instead of partying they’re nowhere to be seen 🫣

• Sad
  • Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
I want to buy a chalk coloured camera bag for the summer to take out in the evenings on my hols but I'm stuck between Gucci and YSL
Also Aspinal have a lovely one very much cheaper but I will probably go for one of the others just for the name... anyone have Gucci or YSL camera bags ? Any feedback please ?
Aspinal quality is amazing for the price though lol
---
Is it time for the summer basket bag chat yet? :m
Always time. Must take mine out this year! She got neglected last year poor lamb lol
Chloe BV had some beaut ones

Dizzy

VIP Member
Evening enablers, soooooo it looks like I may have another possible counterfeit situation on my hands 🙈😂 This time I’m ready though! 💪🏼😂

I may have scored a ridiculously (and I mean really ridiculously) priced Puzzle (it seems too good to be true and you know the old saying…😬) but I need to get it authenticated as soon as it arrives. Can anyone recommend a good online service? I was going to use Legit Grails as they do a quick option for a reasonable price and have great reviews.

Also, bets on it being real?!

Should say, I will of course share should it be authentic 🤞🏻

Last edited:
  • Wow

TruffleShuffles

Chatty Member
That’s pissed me right off about matches, I much prefer shopping with them than net a porter. I don’t think I’ll be using them any longer after the many horror stories I’ve heard from people shopping with flannels. I’m having a nightmare with the OUTNET at the moment so my options are now limited, will probably have to just shop direct from now on.

• Heart
Hi Enablers

Hope we're all well.

Has anyone bought any high end bags recently? What are we thinking on quality these days? I've just received the YSL Le 5 a 7 (which is bloody gorgeous) however I have to return it and exchange it for another as the SAINT LAURENT stamp on the metal buckle isn't quite right. The stamp is faded/not deep enough in the middle of the word LAURENT - as if it's not been pushed down into the metal enough. Net a Porter are sending a replacement but even bloody so. It's a nearly £2k bag and the stamping isn't consistent! It's got me thinking as the Celine Ava I ordered also had a quality issue - the poppers on the shoulder strap were incredibly difficult to pull apart to adjust and I couldn't actually get all 4 of them to push back together again.

These are expensive bags and I'm shocked at such basic quality control failures.
Funnily enough I just bought a YSL bag in store this morning.
I think buying instore probably makes a difference because they get a brand new bag from the back and then you get to inspect it before taking it home.
With online buying it can be a bit of a crap shoot. I often wonder if it’s seconds or returns

• Heart