Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Could I please get your opinion on this Jimmy Choo bag?
just turned 40 and I feel too old now to carry this look 🫣
It was a gift so I feel awful that I don’t really like it. View attachment 2537528
I'm 35 and will never give up the sparkle but if it's not your bag (literally) then I'd sell on...

I got an Aspinal bag at xmas that I'd never ever use. Luckily they gave me store credit so I got my tote which I use all the time so maybe worth asking if they would too?

Reactions: 4

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
If you are struggling with heels then not spending more than £20 is one of your issues.
I wouldn’t spend £690 on a pair of shoes if you can’t walk in them.
By some Kurt Geiger heels and have a go in them first. They are decent and comfortable. And then consider getting designer heels
Second Kurt Geiger/Carvela!
---
Also the satin may not wear as well/go out if shape quicker

Laughalong

VIP Member
Yes!! I went to buy them at the Edinburgh pop up but they didn’t have my size. It would take the shine off for me too tbh! Even though I love the bag as well.

Also I don’t know how I feel about “queueing” for a luxury experience and buying an expensive bag. I read someone say it was an awful experience, you queued ages to get in, they took you into a dark “basement”, you couldn’t take photos and you either bought the bag or left 🤣
Sounds like a weird cult🤣 has the
novelty of being offered champagne and a comfy sofa wore off?!

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Omg what a nightmare! Sorry to say you’ve completely put me off buying from private sellers or second hand 😂 I’m just an anxious person and value the peace of mind when buying directly from the boutique, if something goes wrong etc.

So glad vinted returned your money though. The seller seems dodgy, she went silent after you released the funds to her!
Yep I hear you! It's put me off too.

I'm in such 2 minds about the seller - everything was genuine up until I hit the wrong button - she'd sent the bag, it was returned through no fault of hers, the refund steps were in accordance with Vinted's rquirements. Maybe she didn't see my message and was then blocked so couldn't reply even if she wanted to 🤷‍♀️ Whatever happened, I feel very lucky to have got my money back.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Sorry to hear your bag has broken - how annoying. Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a slightly higher end (and therefore hopefully better quality) bag pre-loved. The pre-loved market is a great place to pick up really good quality bags at massively reduced prices - you'll definitely get more bang for your buck.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I’ve bought from Vestiaire with no problems, but never sold. They wouldn’t accept my completely authentic YSL tote I was selling (but couldn’t tell me why) and their fees are pretty high.

hehehe

VIP Member
The price increases for Chanel are sickening. I want a vanity bag so bad 😫. I may put one on my Christmas list but it just puts me off with the greed. I’m lucky I got in early with my Chanel flaps because my god there’s no way I’d be willing to spend £10000 now plus they are not even made like they used to be the quality is not there.
I'm not a fan of the classic flaps after I tried one on in the US and didn't like it on me. I'd love a Trendy CC though but I'd be insane to spend 6k on that, and I'm sure it'll be going up soon.

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
I want to by myself a nice watch. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. I always loved Cartier but now Rolex has also caught my eye 👀👀👀

Anyway for those who do have a luxury watch can you wear it all day everyday? Are they hardy?
I wear a eatch all the time doing all activities, so just because it’s luxury doesn’t mean I will save it for special occasions.
I’m starting to lean more towards Rolex but the question is are they worth the price for everyday wear?
I wear the Rolex which was my mum’s push present for having me 😂 (she upgraded from ‘my’ steel and gold to gold and diamond face)
It’s 30+ years old and it’s withstood everyday life incredibly well, as well as holidays with all the usual swimming, diving, skiing numbs associated (plus I’m a huge klutz). In the whole time it’s been service twice, with the last service including a new glass face as I’d chipped the edges a bit. I’ve been wearing it pretty constantly since I was 18. Her gold one hasn’t been serviced yet, despite her buying it about 20 years ago and apart from a little scratching, looks brand new.

• Heart
Where do you guys go online to keep up to date on trends or labels? Are there any decent accounts on insta, subreddits, fb groups etc? Last week I was talking to someone wearing a Max Mara coat and an NS Park tote, I didn’t clock either brand but she made sure to tell me 🙄😂 I realised I focus on the main players out there too much and haven’t really delved into the quiet luxury or emerging trends much, so would love to find some insta accounts or blogs to keep me up to date!
It depends how deep you want to get into it all/what you want from it. I’d argue the whole quiet luxury thing is a classist self congratulatory delusion with very little depth to it. It depends what you’re interested in tbh - business, ethics, creative, environment, collecting, models, etc etc!

Diet prada on Insta is a very good generalist account with good social values, but isn’t fixated on consumerism - like they won’t tell you what to buy or push aff links. But the iykyk stuff isn’t really pushed in that way through influencers etc anyway really.

Idk, for developing your own wardrobe/personal brand, personally I really like Liberty for directing purchases, even if to help guide what I look for on eBay/Vinted as try to be a preloved girly as much as possible! Just think they curate a lot of quality/interesting pieces and brands that are a bit different. Same with small indie brands, if you’re after quality/things that don’t fit into the naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetic you’d be best going down the sustainable insta route!

• Heart
I’ve been really disappointed in their service - popped into Harrods for my agenda infill, and she kept on repeating that it was out of stock - then it turns out she was looking at the agenda covers, and when I asked for the book I was told to buy it online (even though it’s in stock with them 🙄). Found them v rude
You need to complain to Harrods. They will not be happy with this

Agreed - that’s the first CG I’ve ever liked, probably because it’s not got the naff arm badge or the naff cinched in waist with the buckle belt lol 🤢

• Heart
I always go to Maje, Kate Spade and have a nosey in Loewe/Chloe/Choo to admire things lol Then will just bop round the Elemis/Neom types. Gotta get brother a milk jug from Emma B 🤣 and I hope Loccitaine have my almond oil!
Also, the Ted Baker there is on the closure list so need to stock up on the xmas men socks!
The Veuve Cliquot van had gone last time I went 😪😪 and I wanted to treat myself to a glass of Champers so hopefully Farmshop or somewhere will do a nice one.
I hope you buy something wonderful to share with us. I live fairly close to Bicester but haven't been since pre-covid. Your description of your day out is making me have fomo

• Heart

pommynoir

VIP Member
Thanks everyone, I really like the Selfridges moncler one. But I agree re binbag. I see some women wearing them and they look lovely but I would definitely look tacky 🤣🤣.
The burberry one I’ve loved for ages, there’s a girl in my local who has it in khaki and I admire it every time I see it.
The Burberry is also a few hundred cheaper so seems like a no brainer, although I may take a look at both on my lunch break next week. Can be hard to judge on pics!

• Heart

Nikzy911

I’m so envious! I have the papillon 26 (I bought it about a year and a half ago and was the first used bag I’ve ever bought). I love it but the 19 is particularly adorable. The 19 is actually very rare on the resale market, it somewhat of unicorn bag, so you chose very well!

Here’s my 26 and some other bits on my tea cart. I used it a couple of days ago and attached a crossbody strap from one of the other bags.

View attachment 2905274
Ha I’d like to think I had good taste back then but in reality it was probably all I could afford with the money my gran gave me. It’s surprisingly roomy though, it fits in my big iPhone, card wallet and lippy and keys quite easily.

I LOVE the tea trolly set up. It looks fantastic 🥰

• Heart

Qwerty12345678910

I’ve ordered the metal Celine triomphe sunglasses after they finally came back into stock! I hope they look good after the price tag!

• Heart