Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
It’s gorgeous! Congratulations 🥳. After I have a baby I think I may try pop into Harrods and go on the waiting list. Any tips?

Sorry to sound like a Mama get insurance and be very vigilant when walking around London. Otherwise enjoy 😊 ❤
That’s a very good call, but I think @Scorpihoe ’s is very petite (is it 28mm?) and everyone I know who has had difficulty on the streets of ldn has had a very large and obvious watch and they were probably being very large and obvious with it 😂 Swear i am not victim blaming here, theft is horrid! Would defo insure it and also at home though. Enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
I've sold once on there without issue, but haven't ever bought...
I got a Lanvin clutch earlier in the year - it’s an Alber Elbaz one I was obsessed with at uni, and it really was a sentimental purchase rather than one to wear. It was absolutely immaculate and in brand new condition.

Got it for £70

• Heart
  • Wow

hytuhh

Chatty Member
going to see family down south at the start of next month so rather than visit then stay over we're travelling and staying the night before, which has been a great excuse for a first trip to bicester village! going with parents and we'll be getting there for 11ish on a friday, honestly i'll be needing any and all advice you have. been to cheshire oaks and once to york but not sure if the mcarthur glen ones work a bit differently

we'll probs be getting dinner in cheltenham (staying near montpellier gardens) so any recs there would be amazing too!
I went to Bicester back in May and the only shop that had a really long queue was Dior, but there is a man who works there (I forgot his name but he's so sweet) who came round the queue and took photos of everything in the store and the prices on an iPad and let us look through the iPad to decide if it was worth queuing to get in! Maybe if you see any long queues but you're unsure of if to queue or not ask if they can do the same because it's such a waste to queue only to get in and there be nothing you want

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Did you read it on the DM? I read an article about it there this morning. I buy my niece the odd piece from there any have bought quite a fair bit for myself recently (cropped brushed wool cardigan, maxi tea dress, wide turn up jeans) but only when they have 20/25% off. I think I’m 1 of a few that liked that it became more “trendy” I even prefer the new logo they use 🤣🙈 I’m 38, not sure if that matters 🤷🏼‍♀️ I used to only really buy cashmere knits from there previously.
Guilty as charged! Yes it was in the Heil. I did think that some of the trendier pieces were quite nice but still missed the mark a little for me and the prices were stupid (for what it was). I also used to buy cashmere there but the quality declined and I discovered that Uniqlo is cheaper and better so always go there now.
---
I love the kids clothes but can’t justify the price for something they’ll only wear for a hot minute, womenswear has never appealed to me, it’s a weird mix of frumpy and too trendy, I’ve never seen anything I’d consider wearing at double the price of anywhere else!

M&S quality has dropped like a stone too, basics like underwear fall apart quickly, I don’t bother to buy with them either anymore
Yeah the kids stuff was never cheap - I could kinda justify as both mine would wear it and I’d then sell it on.

M&S has been shit for ages. So much man made fabrics and just weird cuts. Their one redeeming feature (for me) is that they sell good, comfortable mastectomy bras at a really reasonable price point. Mastectomy bras everywhere else are freakin’ extortionate.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I think the brand probably had its best moments between 2013-2015

They tried to bring that back by resuscitating those shark boots and they keep trying to keep the Antigona bag alive but with brands like Loewe and Celine which do nicer clothes and bags I don’t see where Givenchy and their large logo T-shirts can fit in.

Balmain is another I think is dying a slow death.
Hard agree. I think Celine and Loewe are so desirable at the moment with such beautiful designs that the likes of Givenchy and Balmain seem quite dated in comparison. Obviously it's all a matter of personal taste but the minimal/classic aesthetic is huge at present and the top brands represent that so well. In my mind it kind of goes:

Top tier: Chanel, Hermes
Very slightly below: Celine, Fendi, Loewe, LV
Third tier: YSL, Prada, Gucci, Dior
Fourth: McQueen, Valentino, Versace, D&G, Burberry, Givenchy, Balmain, Stella McCartney, Kenzo

Obviously not an exhaustive list!

Meg78

VIP Member
Can anyone help with bag suggestions?🥰 I’m looking for something on the smaller side- a black cross body style bag. So far…
LOVE Chanel wallet on chain. Just don’t know if I can justify the prices these days🫠
YSL Lou camera bag is catching my eye..
I’ve come across a Gucci GG Marmont chain wallet that I don’t hate too.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations welcome. ❤
I own all 3!

Chanel WOC - a classic but really doesn’t hold a lot, phone and maybe lipstick, you would need a classic flap for proper daily bag I think. Current range is only in lambskin which damages so easily, caviar is much harder wearing but you would need to buy preloved for that

YSL Lou camera bag - fantastic daily bag, really hard wearing and spacious, largest of the three options. I have it in so black which unfortunately does chip easily, and the tassel can be irritating at times, but great value for what you get

Gucci Marmont bag - also a great daily option although it is slightly wider and shorter so depends on what you carry with you day to day. My hardware has lasted well although colour transfer on the lighter leathers is a nightmare (but aren’t they all!)

Have you considered a Loewe puzzle or a Strathberry mosaic? The Loewe is a bit bulkier but holds a huge amount, the flamenco is also a great option if you add a longer chain and can be worn both cinched and smoothed out. Strathberry is made in the same region of Spain as some of the high end alternatives and the quality is amazing for the price, I always get compliments when I wear mine!

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Oh those are gorgeous, I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get your size! wasn't it fun to explore?!
Yes!! All the rooms were incredible and it felt so luxurious and beautiful, everyone was so so nice as well! Thank you so much, I’m on the hunt for nice flat shoes, the ballerinas are so elegant 🙂 they had my size in the beige but I wanted the black! I need a half size bigger though

Attachments

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Where you hitting up? I like to go to Celine, Loewe, Dior, Bottega, Marni.
They had a Victoria Beckham too a few years back, but I think it was just a pop up, sadly.
I always go to Maje, Kate Spade and have a nosey in Loewe/Chloe/Choo to admire things lol Then will just bop round the Elemis/Neom types. Gotta get brother a milk jug from Emma B 🤣 and I hope Loccitaine have my almond oil!
Also, the Ted Baker there is on the closure list so need to stock up on the xmas men socks!
The Veuve Cliquot van had gone last time I went 😪😪 and I wanted to treat myself to a glass of Champers so hopefully Farmshop or somewhere will do a nice one.

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Mulberry bags are hardly ever on sale- I own a few and never managed to get one on sale. John Lewis had a few models on sale around Xmas last year so worth keeping an eye, if I recall up 20% discount.
They had 20% off in store yesterday when I walked through too

• Haha
  • Heart

Tabitha

VIP Member
I had a job interview at Ted Baker a few years ago. Their offices are some of the nicest ive been to in london (although not as nice as Boden!). This was (is?) the random entrance.

IMG_9679.jpeg

but they have been struggling for ages and had a rounds of layoffs recently so as sad as it is, not suprised.

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
Is anyone investing in the Vestiaire crowd fund? This round of investment puts their val at 1.2bil EUR, they’re looking to raise 1.0mil EUR from customers. I’m not sure how I feel about it, allegedly they’re close to profitability so it doesn’t feel like a dire straights thing, will research more now but have signed up for access regardless of decision lol.
Absolutely not lol

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just seen the Kate Moss/COSMOS collaberation for Anine Bing. It's a strange fit for me for some reason.

Love the black YSL and the tan Celine 😍😍😍, does the YSL come in tan?
I love the YSL in black too and yes, it does come in tan. I think that's what I'm gonna go for.

OAN, I bought a great little Fendi Baguette from Farfetch a couple of weeks ago. First time buying pre-loved from Farfetch but I got it for a good price and it is immaculate, would recommend checking them out if anyone's in the market for a "vintage"/pre-loved bag.

nycinthesun

@alwaysdreaming thank you ♥ honestly when I talked to the lady at harrods she said it depends on how many people want the same watch, but in essence women’s watches are easier to get, and typically the datejusts come in quicker 🙂 which watch are you looking at?

Oh I won’t wear it in London, the risk is way too high nowadays ☹ will definitely get insured!

@Grizzlybear it’s 31mm, apologies about the poor picture yesterday, I was too excited to get home and didn’t take any proper pictures 🤣 here are some I took today! (Side note - do we like the watch alone, or with my tennis bracelet or VCA?) 🥰

im trying to capture the iridescence of the mother of Pearl dial but it’s so hard, it really glistens in real life!
I feel like you for sure captured the beauty of the mother of pearl in these photos! I love the pairing of your watch with a delicate tennis bracelet and the Van Cleef. I love mixing metals especially when there's a common thread to pull it altogether.

• Heart

chapterthree

If they can’t sell these for £35 there’s no hope :) trying to sell mulberry and Alexander McQueen and nobody’s biting at £70 mark when they’re good condition? I don’t understand it, these are great items :)
I only and exclusively buy second hand Mulberry now. The new leathers and designs are tragic. I miss the classic English branding. It’s far too “trendy” now imho.