Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoy this thread - lovely people with a shared enthusiasm for overpriced leatherware! 😂 I'm not part of any groups on FB, wasn't aware they existed TBH. Any recs @Wifo1976 ?

I've always loved bags and shoes, well and clothes, but bags and shoes have always been my Achilles. I can remember getting a new school bag every September, usually from somewhere like Lennards or Dolcis (showing my age!) and being so excited to use it. And new shoes from Clarks - I'd sleep with them at the end of my bed for the first few weeks 😂

I've very little on my designer list at present. Still pondering some kind of basket but the copies really put me off and I'd like a summer clutch, ratten, tan leather kinda thing, thinking either YSL or Celine.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just love this thread, love seeing what everyone else is saving for/buying and what’s on peoples wish lists. I feel like this is the only place I can enjoy and share things because if I share my bags too much in real life I get people asking to borrow them and they make me feel like a witch when I have to say no because I know they’ll get drunk and have no respect for them!

I’m in the market for a new card holder with a ring for my keys so loving browsing for that 🤍
tell them to rent , there are other ways to enjoy luxury if they dont want to pay full price

you're not risking your precious !

Reactions: 3
I really enjoy this thread - lovely people with a shared enthusiasm for overpriced leatherware! 😂 I'm not part of any groups on FB, wasn't aware they existed TBH. Any recs @Wifo1976 ?

I've always loved bags and shoes, well and clothes, but bags and shoes have always been my Achilles. I can remember getting a new school bag every September, usually from somewhere like Lennards or Dolcis (showing my age!) and being so excited to use it. And new shoes from Clarks - I'd sleep with them at the end of my bed for the first few weeks 😂

I've very little on my designer list at present. Still pondering some kind of basket but the copies really put me off and I'd like a summer clutch, ratten, tan leather kinda thing, thinking either YSL or Celine.
Me too! I lived for new pencil case/school bag time. I know my mum rolls her eyes every time I buy a new bag but it’s my money now so ha 💸

Reactions: 4
Do any of you like fine jewellery and watches? I don’t know where to begin and would like to own some classic pieces other than the typical Cartier and van cleef pieces.

Do any of you like fine jewellery and watches? I don’t know where to begin and would like to own some classic pieces other than the typical Cartier and van cleef pieces.
I love fine jewellery, I own Cartier and van cleef pieces but also like lesser known brands such as Messika, Boucheron, chaumet, chopard…what pieces are you most interested in?

Reactions: 4
I love fine jewellery, I own Cartier and van cleef pieces but also like lesser known brands such as Messika, Boucheron, chaumet, chopard…what pieces are you most interested in?
I’m not sure. I like earrings and bracelets/bangles. On a normal day I wear Cartier trinity earrings, trinity necklace, love bangle and an onyx vca. I’d like to swap the love bangle out and perhaps even the onyx vca to something that is just gold/silver and diamond. I also want a classic everyday watch that’s a little elevated. I suppose I just want some everyday staples that I can wear for a few months at a time in rotation so I don’t get bored.

Reactions: 3
Who are some of you guys’ favourite luxury pages, if you follow any? I’d love to know 😁

Also - I need to add a pair of Renee Caovilla heels onto my 2023 wishlist! 😍

I’m not sure. I like earrings and bracelets/bangles. On a normal day I wear Cartier trinity earrings, trinity necklace, love bangle and an onyx vca. I’d like to swap the love bangle out and perhaps even the onyx vca to something that is just gold/silver and diamond. I also want a classic everyday watch that’s a little elevated. I suppose I just want some everyday staples that I can wear for a few months at a time in rotation so I don’t get bored.
How about a diamond tennis bracelet? I bought one about a year ago and it’s my absolute staple for fine jewellery. It doesn’t even need to be a luxury brand, you can get one from a local jeweller, which is much more cost effective

I’m also on the hunt for solitaire diamond earrings, but in a different cut (not round), like pear or emerald 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5

The one I follow is WOC Lounge which was recommended on here a few threads back - there are some avid bag shoppers on there! DM Luxe posts on there and there is a selling platform which is good. Here you go x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How about a diamond tennis bracelet? I bought one about a year ago and it’s my absolute staple for fine jewellery. It doesn’t even need to be a luxury brand, you can get one from a local jeweller, which is much more cost effective

I’m also on the hunt for solitaire diamond earrings, but in a different cut (not round), like pear or emerald 🥰
I’ve seen a lot about lab v natural diamonds. Do you have any knowledge about this? Are lab diamonds still classed as real diamonds and are they of the same quality as mined diamonds? X

Reactions: 2
I’ve seen a lot about lab v natural diamonds. Do you have any knowledge about this? Are lab diamonds still classed as real diamonds and are they of the same quality as mined diamonds? X
Im not an expect on lab diamonds however I know they are chemically identical to natural diamonds, all their physical properties are the same, except they are made in a lab and not mined from the earth. They are meant to be a lot more environmentally friendly, and cheaper than natural diamonds :) but they don’t hold their value as well as natural diamonds, hence why I personally prefer mined over lab. I will say though, no one will ever be able to tell the difference unless you take it to a jeweller and they use special machines. They are both diamonds at the end of the day 💎

if you do like lab diamonds, my friend buys from “vrai” which she says is amazing, and their pieces are beautiful

• Heart
The one I follow is WOC Lounge which was recommended on here a few threads back - there are some avid bag shoppers on there! DM Luxe posts on there and there is a selling platform which is good. Here you go x
Amazing - thanks chicken x

• Heart
I have bought a preloved ysl toy loulou 💕.
It's in excellent condition and I'm in love. However, as it's the older style, the strap is adjustable but not by much, so it's just a bit long for my liking 😔. Does anyone have recommendations for good quality silver chain straps that I could use for either crossbody or shoulder?

unless you want a luxury brand signature design, go to your local jeweller/ trusted online retail, pick your favourite stone and setting. you could get a much nicer/bigger stone without the brand crazy mark up.

Reactions: 7
Lovely! I've always been impressed by the quality of Coach, glad you love her ❤

• Heart
After an opinion! My husband has bought me a mulberry Bayswater tote for my birthday in Green. I like it but I’m so indecisive… do I stick with green (which I think would go with almost all colours) or swap for the oak (tan) which is prob more classic?!
It’s for an everyday bag, thanks

After an opinion! My husband has bought me a mulberry Bayswater tote for my birthday in Green. I like it but I’m so indecisive… do I stick with green (which I think would go with almost all colours) or swap for the oak (tan) which is prob more classic?!
It’s for an everyday bag, thanks
It’s a gorgeous bag! Swoon 💖
If you do like the green (and seeing it was a gift!) why not keep it, praise your hubby to high heavens at every available opportunity for having the good taste to buy it for you…and meanwhile you have yourself a beautiful bag in a slightly more quirky and sassy colour than other neutrals. When your next big occasion is coming up, he or you might just have to take inspo from his previous success and get an oak one then. Win win!

Reactions: 13
Has anyone seen any nice/classy initial bracelets? Or a bracelet with a little symbol on? I can’t seem to find any online 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.