Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a beauty fo sho 💕 I’m going to London in a few weeks and planning on taking a trip to Selfridges to look at all the baskets IRL. I’ll report back 🕵️‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It is a beauty fo sho 💕 I’m going to London in a few weeks and planning on taking a trip to Selfridges to look at all the baskets IRL. I’ll report back 🕵️‍♀️
I need to forget it exists tbh 😆 I've got one I love...don't neeeed two....but its pink.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
This year I will purchase a basket bag because of this thread. 🤣🙈 The pink Celine is soooo lush. 😍 I need a basket bag that’s not too small or too large.

• Heart
That's how I ended up with a Loewe one 😆 enabler thread haha
I nearly bought a Loewe last year because of you. 🙈🤣. You need to earn commission as you literally have sold the bag to me. I love the Celine but the size is not right so I am looking at Loewe.

• Heart
  • Haha
I’ve also now decided I need a basket, I’m still pissed off I stalled on the Loewe when it was £250.

I still can’t decide between the Loewe, Celine and Marni. The Marni looks a bit less seasonal so maybe could be worn for more of the year. Which does everyone else prefer? Or is there anything else I should look at?

• Wow
I nearly bought a Loewe last year because of you. 🙈🤣. You need to earn commission as you literally have sold the bag to me. I love the Celine but the size is not right so I am looking at Loewe.
Pahahahha sorry about that 😆 Yeah that's why I ended up with mine as the Sizing on Celene was tiny or just a bit too massive (and Loewe was like £100 less too so winner lol)
---
I’ve also now decided I need a basket, I’m still pissed off I stalled on the Loewe when it was £250.

I still can’t decide between the Loewe, Celine and Marni. The Marni looks a bit less seasonal so maybe could be worn for more of the year. Which does everyone else prefer? Or is there anything else I should look at?
From the MANY I looked at, Loewe was my favourite for size/price/quality personally (I went to Selfridges and I've never spent so long in there in my life). Louboutin had a few nice ones last year too tbf. I am also side eyeing the longchamp now though.

This is the dream bag for me girls, the Kelly picnic bag 🙈 I’m not a Birkin girl at all, I think the Kelly is much nicer. Gonna be looking out for other brands with something similar/more affordable!
I was actually offered this bag in Hermès Glasgow when it was released. I looked at it and thought it was impractical so said no 🙄. I would love it now; it’s one of my biggest regrets. As I recall it was £7,500 at the time and they go for bonkers money now so would have been a great investment even if I hadn’t wanted to use it. Hindsight……

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I never updated you on my Dior purchase! I went to the Bond St store and it was amazing, they spent so much time with us and were so lovely we almost missed our train home! I haven’t used it yet as I feel I need twillies on the handles - please can any of you advise? They were almost £400 in Dior I thought that was a lot - I’ll pick some nice silk scarves up somewhere else.
1FCE174F-8AED-45D1-B9EA-5660D01727E2.jpeg
DB349FB4-42C8-4CD0-9A81-E4DA23F56C1D.jpeg
F52D6F03-740F-4866-80A9-05F00B429EA5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I never updated you on my Dior purchase! I went to the Bond St store and it was amazing, they spent so much time with us and were so lovely we almost missed our train home! I haven’t used it yet as I feel I need twillies on the handles - please can any of you advise? They were almost £400 in Dior I thought that was a lot - I’ll pick some nice silk scarves up somewhere else. View attachment 2057092View attachment 2057093View attachment 2057094
Stunning! Mulberry at Bicester Village do twillys and bag scarves for like £20-30 and they're lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Stunning! Mulberry at Bicester Village do twillys and bag scarves for like £20-30 and they're lovely
Thanks for this my basket-enabling friend - I’m nearer to Cheshire Oaks so will definitely try there. Also seen a couple in the Maxx online xx

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I never updated you on my Dior purchase! I went to the Bond St store and it was amazing, they spent so much time with us and were so lovely we almost missed our train home! I haven’t used it yet as I feel I need twillies on the handles - please can any of you advise? They were almost £400 in Dior I thought that was a lot - I’ll pick some nice silk scarves up somewhere else. View attachment 2057092View attachment 2057093View attachment 2057094
I love
Beautiful unique colour. 😻
Doesn’t Hermes have twillies for £200.

• Heart
Oh she’s absolutely beautiful @Wifo1976 🤎 I was going to ask how your purchase went but thought that might be a bit stalker-y so I’m glad you’ve posted! 😁 How much did you pay out of interest?

• Heart
I was going to say @ATV2021 go into the actual Celine store if you can. We went to Selfridges but it just wasn’t the same, and they’ll definitely
Oh she’s absolutely beautiful @Wifo1976 🤎 I was going to ask how your purchase went but thought that might be a bit stalker-y so I’m glad you’ve posted! 😁 How much did you pay out of interest?
😘 It was £4400, I got the personalisation on the straps too which is FoC. I almost got the Twillies - I think this must be where the SA make their commission as there was a bit of up selling going on. Overall I’m glad I went there and not Selfridges, where we almost went. It was absolutely fascinating, people watching in the flagship store. There was a queue for Chanel next door the whole time we were there too?! I’ve bought Chanel before (but never in London) and never had the kind of attention and service we had in Dior. We got plied with champagne and macarons, it was all an extremely enjoyable experience💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I never really considered a basket bag but after seeing people mention them here, I took a peek at a few. They’re really cute! Will look gorgeous for summer. I don’t have a summer bag.

I never really considered a basket bag but after seeing people mention them here, I took a peek at a few. They’re really cute! Will look gorgeous for summer. I don’t have a summer bag.
I really need to be on commission 😆. Just a PS for baskets hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I really need to be on commission 😆. Just a PS for baskets hahaha
You really need to keep us abreast of any 2023 basket developments @ATV2021 ☺

I am thinking of getting the Celine gladiators- has anyone got them? If do, what are the sizes like? By the time I decided I wanted some last year they had sold out, and now they are about 20% more expensive 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.