Designer Items #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my eye on an LV belt, really really want it but I have no other designer clothes/bags etc I hope to add some pieces over time
My question is am I gonna look stupid with an LV belt and a pair of zara jeans
It's not in your face it's a 20mm belt

Reactions: 2
I have my eye on an LV belt, really really want it but I have no other designer clothes/bags etc I hope to add some pieces over time
I don’t think so, I always mix and match designer stuff with Zara especially as that’s where I mainly shop. Is it the reversible one? I have this and I always where it with my Zara and RI Jeans

Reactions: 1
I have the medium Loewe basket and it's my favourite thing ever (it is quite small if wanted a larger bag) but I'd highly recommend their basket bags. All of them. They're beautiful 😆
Ideally I’d like the medium one! But it just wouldn’t be big enough for me unfortunately… I’m looking for something bigger than the medium Neverfull.
I’ve just seen that they don’t make the large one in white sadly!
---

Not at all! I have no designer clothes, but all of my accessories tend to be and I’ve never thought that this looks weird.

Reactions: 3
Ideally I’d like the medium one! But it just wouldn’t be big enough for me unfortunately… I’m looking for something bigger than the medium Neverfull.
I’ve just seen that they don’t make the large one in white sadly!
It's worth going into a store (I went Selfridges) and stood there swishing them around in the mirror to find the one I liked as even all the mediums were different sizes lol

Get the LV belt 😊👏🏼
A lot of people have luxury bags and accessories but not clothing. I'm one of them and I don't think it matters at all.

Reactions: 7
It won’t look stupid at all. I think there’s so many people who wear all high street clothes mixed with high end accessories. If it has a logo or monogram you won’t need other logos in the outfit anyway. I say go for it!

Reactions: 6
Last month I bought myself a pair of lace and mesh Valentino runners in black and white.

*An Adidas x Stella Mccartney coat and some Stella Mccartney trainers with the stella mccartney socks included.

I have a few pairs of Isabel Marant wedge trainers in my wardrobe that are just dying to make a return!!

Absolutely not. It'll be fine, if all of your outfit is designer especially with obvious logos on it, it looks so tacky and cheap in my opinion.There is definitely nothing wrong with mixing high end with high street.

I wore a gorgeous sequin mini dress from Zara it was £10 in their January sales with £900 heels! It's how you style it that matters. Go for it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Mixing high end with high street is the way to go. Being covered in logos is the epitome of naff IMO.

Reactions: 9
High end accessories make high street clothes look more expensive. Aside from coats, I don’t ever buy designer clothes.

Reactions: 7
Sometimes I’m in Uniqlo head to toe with a designer bag and people always say that I look expensive. Most people mix high end and designer stuff and it always looks so good. I prefer it to the everything designer because then it’s too much going on. Wear what makes you happy! ♥

Reactions: 8
What is on your guys 2023 designer wishlist (or just general wishlist)? 🥰

I’ll go first…
• Max Mara coat
• Cartier juste un clou bracelet
• Chaumet bee my love ring
• Chanel woc

♥

• Heart

I’ll go first…
• Max Mara coat
• Chanel woc

♥
Good Q! There’s a lot I’d like this year but I’m currently trying to build up my wardrobe of good quality basics and staples!

• Chanel Classic Flap and/or WOC
• Christian Louboutin Pigalles in Nude
• Christian Louboutin Kates in Red
• I know skims isn’t designer but I do want to get a bunch of the bodysuits and dresses as basics

• a new Canada Goose jacket

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I’ll go first…
• Max Mara coat
• Chanel woc

♥
I've never not had my heart on a LV Neverfull (just worry I'd not use due to size) but I'll still pop on my list anyway.

Kinda want a Dior Cotton Bracelet (no idea why lol) but I keep seeing them and feeling ooh

Chloe Woody Tote is also a love.

However...my list developed alot last year thanks to this thread 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've never not had my heart on a LV Neverfull (just worry I'd not use due to size) but I'll still pop on my list anyway.

Kinda want a Dior Cotton Bracelet (no idea why lol) but I keep seeing them and feeling ooh

Chloe Woody Tote is also a love.

However...my list developed alot last year thanks to this thread 😆
My neverfull got stolen and it’s something I always think about rebuying! I always thought I’d not use it due to size but I wore it every single day. Crazy how expensive they are since I brought mine tho 😭 like everything I guess

• Sad
  • Wow
Good Q! There’s a lot I’d like this year but I’m currently trying to build up my wardrobe of good quality basics and staples!

• Chanel Classic Flap and/or WOC
• Christian Louboutin Pigalles in Nude
• Christian Louboutin Kates in Red
• I know skims isn’t designer but I do want to get a bunch of the bodysuits and dresses as basics

• a new Canada Goose jacket
You may already have some Skims but I recently ordered a Skims long sleeve bodysuit and really wasn’t impressed with the quality, plus with returns you have to send back to the USA if you purchase from their website, so make sure you buy from Selfridges if you are buying. I think I’m going to save up for the Wolford instead.

• Heart
My neverfull got stolen and it’s something I always think about rebuying! I always thought I’d not use it due to size but I wore it every single day. Crazy how expensive they are since I brought mine tho 😭 like everything I guess
When I very first wanted one (back in my teens) they were like £5-600...
If only I knew. I'd have saved all my birthday money 😆

You may already have some Skims but I recently ordered a Skims long sleeve bodysuit and really wasn’t impressed with the quality, plus with returns you have to send back to the USA if you purchase from their website, so make sure you buy from Selfridges if you are buying. I think I’m going to save up for the Wolford instead.
i tried on a dress and it was see through.

Thanks for letting me know! I did plan to buy from selfridges - I’ve heard such good and bad stuff! I’ll deffo try them on for sure. I’ll have a look at Wolford now too - thanks so much!

@ATV2021 - I know! I think I got mine when it was around 7/800 - if I’d have known it would get this high I’d have definitely got another with my savings 🤣

• Heart
Do save for Wolford pieces. Worth every penny. They have great pieces and feels so soft on the skin. The only annoying thing is many of their items you should either wash by hand or on a cold wash cycle in the washing machine and adding only mild detergent to keep the item in the same condition. I have 2 bodycon knitted dresses body suits and socks. I love the brand.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.