Designer Items #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys! I’ve just got my dream job and want to spend my first wage on something I’ve been coveting for a while. It’s either going to be a Burberry trench coat or a pair of Chanel ballet flats. I’m going to Cheshire oaks soon and I know there is a Burberry there. Does anyone know roughly how much a trench is at the outlets? Just trying to decide which is the better one to go for first?

Thanks in advance

X
I second the Cheshire oaks for a burberry trench. I got mine from there and love it. I think it was about £300 (slightly shorter version) Unless you have your eye on a particular one the discount is fabulous

Congratulations on the job!

I really really really want the chanel mini flap bag, new season black 🥰 Should I just do it? Or any other suggestions for smaller bags. I'm not keen on big bags so always looking for something small.
The only problem with Chanel is I can't buy it online which means I'll have to go to London if I want it

Reactions: 1
I’m looking for a new purse, something that holds a few cards and cash but nothing too big so i can move it between bags. Any recommendations would be appreciated! 💕

I really really really want the chanel mini flap bag, new season black 🥰 Should I just do it? Or any other suggestions for smaller bags. I'm not keen on big bags so always looking for something small.
The only problem with Chanel is I can't buy it online which means I'll have to go to London if I want it
When it comes to Chanel, as awful as it sounds, but you're best to buy it the moment you can afford it. Their prices hikes are so insane you just end up spending more in the long run.

Reactions: 5
When it comes to Chanel, as awful as it sounds, but you're best to buy it the moment you can afford it. Their prices hikes are so insane you just end up spending more in the long run.
I know! Previously wanted one didn't pull the trigger at £3K and then it shot up to £8K! Yeah, I think I'll book a day off and go in London to buy it. I love it so much

• Heart
I know! Previously wanted one didn't pull the trigger at £3K and then it shot up to £8K! Yeah, I think I'll book a day off and go in London to buy it. I love it so much

If you don’t already have an SA, email NBS and tell them what you’re looking for and they can tell you stock levels or put you on a waitlist for it then contact you when it becomes available. It’s unlikely to be something that you can just go in and buy as it’s a really popular size and a reasonable price point by Chanel standards.

Do it, seriously, I have a mini flap with handle and it’s my favourite bag by farrrrr. I actually want another mini flap now 😂 or a wallet on chain in caviar 🥹

Reactions: 3
Got my Chanel mini square a few years ago and I thank my past self every time I use it. Prices are mental these days.

Do it, seriously, I have a mini flap with handle and it’s my favourite bag by farrrrr. I actually want another mini flap now 😂 or a wallet on chain in caviar 🥹
I'd love one with an actual handle. I'm so picky with things whether its £1 or £1000. I've been keeping an eye for awhile but I just love the new season black, no handle though

That is soooooo beautiful!

I like this one on the link, I did think about the khaki/olive one but then I always end up getting black 😆
Omg so beautiful!! 😍 I love the adjustable chain too!

Maria draganova posted a YouTube video of a Chanel bag she bought from 23P, which was the business affinity woc (pics attached), and she said it was £2310 which is so well price for Chanel!! And it’s soooo cute 🥹 if I didn’t have other things I need to buy I might have tried to hunt it down 😂

Attachments

I've severely wanted this for years in black lambskin and I've had the link at Chanel.com bookmarked since the bag was 2.7k.

Anyone know if it's worth checking Duty Free? I'm travelling to the US this summer and want to celebrate my 35th with a big gift to myself.

I've severely wanted this for years in black lambskin and I've had the link at Chanel.com bookmarked since the bag was 2.7k.

Anyone know if it's worth checking Duty Free? I'm travelling to the US this summer and want to celebrate my 35th with a big gift to myself.
Duty free in the U.K. don’t do tax return anymore so it would be the same price as buying in any boutique. You can buy abroad though and get tax back! I got 5% tax refund in Dubai x

• Heart
Duty free in the U.K. don’t do tax return anymore so it would be the same price as buying in any boutique. You can buy abroad though and get tax back! I got 5% tax refund in Dubai x
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that (haven't travelled in years). I'll likely get it in the US then, maybe I can get birthday chip ins.

Does anyone have the YSL Rive Gauche tote? Just wondering if it gets dirty easily!

I need a big bag for just shoving things in… not sure if I like it or if it’s just a bit ‘done’ now. It’s also gone up so much in price… I think it was about £700 when I first liked it!

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that (haven't travelled in years). I'll likely get it in the US then, maybe I can get birthday chip ins.
I think the US is a difficult one for tax refunds, you might need to do some research on the particular state you are going to. I’m by no means an expert on buying Chanel but I think the black mini bags can be hard to get hold of, so like a previous poster said, might be a good idea to find out about stock levels before you go. I seem to remember watching a YouTube video by Sophie Shohet mentioning this. I think she struggled to get hold of the black mini square and ended up getting a vintage one instead but I think she did score the rectangle. Good luck and hope you get the bag you love :)

I second the Cheshire oaks for a burberry trench. I got mine from there and love it. I think it was about £300 (slightly shorter version) Unless you have your eye on a particular one the discount is fabulous

Congratulations on the job!
Thank you so much! I’m really excited to get stuck in.

Also thanks re Cheshire Oaks. I really want the trench. It’s been an aspiration for a while so it’s great to hear good things about Cheshire Oaks as it’s only an hour from me. I really wish I was nearer to Bicester though. 😩

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.