Designer Items #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gorgepus
I finally caved and got my first pair of designer sunglasses 😍😍View attachment 1929263View attachment 1929264
Gorgeous choice

I remember getting my first designer sunnies, picked D&G ones in Brown Thomas here in Ireland. The sales assistant flung them into a bag. I said emm sorry is there not a little cleaning cloth or something to accompany them. She turned around to me and said God you already wear glasses I'm sure you have something at home, I was shocked 🤣🤣
Ya like I'm gonna whip out the specsavers cloth for my nice D&G sunnies 🤪
Such a briar she was, she kinda ruined the experience

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Enjoy your Gucci sunnies - beware: one pair of posh sunglasses won't be enough! 😂

Reactions: 3
Enjoy your Gucci sunnies - beware: one pair of posh sunglasses won't be enough! 😂
I already feel the urge coming up to start a little collection here haha! Different pairs for different occasions right?!

Reactions: 1
I already feel the urge coming up to start a little collection here haha! Different pairs for different occasions right?!
It's a dangerous thread. Because now I'm like well those sunglasses are pretty...😆😆
---

Not one I've used myself but popped up as a page I might like.... they have some Dior sunnies at the mo

Gorgepus

Gorgeous choice

I remember getting my first designer sunnies, picked D&G ones in Brown Thomas here in Ireland. The sales assistant flung them into a bag. I said emm sorry is there not a little cleaning cloth or something to accompany them. She turned around to me and said God you already wear glasses I'm sure you have something at home, I was shocked 🤣🤣
That’s fking awful. I know it would’ve ruined it for me too 😕 I have to admit my first experience was awesome.
We were in Rome and I went to Chanel and they treated me like I was the queen even though I only bought some sunglasses. The lady wore gloves and then wrapped them up so beautifully.
Honestly that is probably why I now love buying designer 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gorgepus

Gorgeous choice

some of them in BT are the pits!!! There’s one lady in my local one who always wants to chat but then has to go against everything you say? If I said it was a nice sunny day she’d say the sun is cancer causing. Totally puts me off whenever I see she’s working.

some of them in BT are the pits!!! There’s one lady in my local one who always wants to chat but then has to go against everything you say? If I said it was a nice sunny day she’d say the sun is cancer causing. Totally puts me off whenever I see she’s working.
Can’t stand bad SA’s! there’s one in HN in Manchester and as soon as you pick something up, she’s over putting it in the changing room for you! I’d love to know how much commission they earn in the designer department stores and concessions- anyone know?

Reactions: 2
Speaking of sunglasses, has anyone ordered from Pretavoir? I gather they’re really an online optician, but you can order sunglasses with normal non prescription lenses… it’s the only place I can find a Chanel pair I wish I bought last year, but not sure how they’d turn out lens wise, and also they’re much cheaper than normal retail, so I’m suspicious….

Can’t stand bad SA’s! there’s one in HN in Manchester and as soon as you pick something up, she’s over putting it in the changing room for you! I’d love to know how much commission they earn in the designer department stores and concessions- anyone know?
Have a nose on glassdoor - people are largely quite transparent about everything there 😳

Speaking of sunglasses, has anyone ordered from Pretavoir? I gather they’re really an online optician, but you can order sunglasses with normal non prescription lenses… it’s the only place I can find a Chanel pair I wish I bought last year, but not sure how they’d turn out lens wise, and also they’re much cheaper than normal retail, so I’m suspicious….
I bought some Ray Bans from there and they were fine. Also, the reviews on Trust Pilot are good (the last time I looked anyway which TBF was maybe last year)

I’ve had both prescription sunglasses and glasses from there. No issues at all.

Gorgepus

Gorgeous choice

I remember my Dad bringing me to Brown Thomas for my first Gucci wallet for my 21st and he kept telling the girl it was the same price as his golf bag 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve got some pradas and Burberry Ones and love them! Feel you deft need to start a collection. Gucci ones are next on my list 🤣

Also have an addiction to scarves!

Yes I bought a pair of YSL Lou Lous on there a few years back. Much much cheaper than elsewhere and all good.

I'm after a little bit of advice please?!

My daughter has just got herself a new job which means she will be going from uniformed NHS to an office based role. I'd like to get her a nice work bag as a congratulations present. Budget £2-300

She's 21 and into Gucci, Vivienne Westwood, Valentino that kind of thing. I've no clue on style etc for an office job, the only thing I know is black!

Can anyone help please? 🙂

My daughter has just got herself a new job which means she will be going from uniformed NHS to an office based role. I'd like to get her a nice work bag as a congratulations present. Budget £2-300

She's 21 and into Gucci, Vivienne Westwood, Valentino that kind of thing. I've no clue on style etc for an office job, the only thing I know is black!

would she be interested in a Longchamp or Marc Jacobs tote?

off the top of my head, See by Chloé or Ralph Lauren may have some bags in that price range.

I will have a proper look later tonight and post links to what I find 😀

• Heart
What a lovely present idea 😊 Kate Spade, Coach and Ralph Lauren do good work bags and would come in around £2/300! Aspinal and Tory Burch are lovely too but might just be out of budget.

You really can’t beat a Longchamp le Pliage for work though, they hold everything! You could probably get a longchamp and a designer cardholder/purse for £300?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
would she be interested in a Longchamp or Marc Jacobs tote?

off the top of my head, See by Chloé or Ralph Lauren may have some bags in that price range.

I will have a proper look later tonight and post links to what I find 😀
That's really kind, thank you!
---

What a lovely present idea 😊 Kate Spade, Coach and Ralph Lauren do good work bags and would come in around £2/300! Aspinal and Tory Burch are lovely too but might just be out of budget.

You really can’t beat a Longchamp le Pliage for work though, they hold everything! You could probably get a longchamp and a designer cardholder/purse for £300?
Great, thank you. I'll have a look!

Are you looking to buy new or used? If new, you’d be best trying Bicester. You should be able to get a Vivienne Westwood within your budget. Otherwise there’s coach, Tory Burch, Kate spade. They do virtual shopping if you don’t live locally.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.