Designer Items #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might be a situation more related to buying and selling but wanted to ask here because people seem very knowledgable! I recently sold a designer bag on eBay, it was rejected by the eBay authenticator. I’m outraged because I have the receipts from Selfridges and on a side note I have doubts about how reputable the authenticator eBay uses is. So the buyer wants to purchase outside of eBay, I think she really likes the bag. So my question is, do you know if there are risks to me as a seller if I have the money before posting the bag?
I know many people buy off Facebook groups, so I’m assuming this is how it works?!
Firstly I’m not remotely implying the Authenticators are right about your bag - but it’s always a major red flag when people want to circumvent platforms that offer you both protections, and even moreso when there’s been a rubbish outcome with the Authenticator. I’d be worried about the intentions of anyone still pursuing it tbh?

But if you do go ahead use PayPal goods & services not friends and family. I’m not sure how protected you’d be by that - again I’d worry that they have evidence from eBay authenticators saying it’s a fake so could potentially use that as a way of getting their cash back later down the line.

Reactions: 2
This might be a situation more related to buying and selling but wanted to ask here because people seem very knowledgable! I recently sold a designer bag on eBay, it was rejected by the eBay authenticator. I’m outraged because I have the receipts from Selfridges and on a side note I have doubts about how reputable the authenticator eBay uses is. So the buyer wants to purchase outside of eBay, I think she really likes the bag. So my question is, do you know if there are risks to me as a seller if I have the money before posting the bag?
I know many people buy off Facebook groups, so I’m assuming this is how it works?!
Did you purchase it yourself from selfridges?

I would request the money through bank transfer. Then there should be no risk to you.

Either ask for a bank transfer or Paypal friends and family only.
I would make a video of the bag and send to seller so they are 100% sure they’ll be happy with the bag. And make sure you video any “flaws”
Further I would make copies of the Selfridge receipt and send the buyer the originals.
Now if there is an issue you can say tough tit.

Ok - I have to share, as don’t want to bore my chums 😂
But I do not know who I think I am, but I sashayed right into Sloan St Hermès and made my wish list, then bought a pair of the most insane Chanel ballet pumps today. I am fricken pumped 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ok - I have to share, as don’t want to bore my chums 😂
But I do not know who I think I am, but I sashayed right into Sloan St Hermès and made my wish list, then bought a pair of the most insane Chanel ballet pumps today. I am fricken pumped 😂
Sounds like a pretty productive day! What’s on your wish list?

Reactions: 1
But if you do go ahead use PayPal goods & services not friends and family. I’m not sure how protected you’d be by that - again I’d worry that they have evidence from eBay authenticators saying it’s a fake so could potentially use that as a way of getting their cash back later down the line.
Thanks, I didn’t think of that part. The whole thing does feel a bit risky.
Either ask for a bank transfer or Paypal friends and family only.
I would make a video of the bag and send to seller so they are 100% sure they’ll be happy with the bag. And make sure you video any “flaws”
Further I would make copies of the Selfridge receipt and send the buyer the originals.
Now if there is an issue you can say tough tit.
Thank you, do you think an in person exchange for cash would be better? I would take my husband with me. I hope I don’t sound crazy, it has just taken me a while to sell this bag, there’s nothing wrong with it so don’t know why.
I have an email receipt from Selfridges, that’s all.
I did purchase myself from Selfridges, so there’s no way it could be fake. I’m pretty outraged at the situation, it’s also not a brand that you see fakes everywhere of eg. Chanel and LV.

Thanks, I didn’t think of that part. The whole thing does feel a bit risky.

Thank you, do you think an in person exchange for cash would be better? I would take my husband with me. I hope I don’t sound crazy, it has just taken me a while to sell this bag, there’s nothing wrong with it so don’t know why.
I have an email receipt from Selfridges, that’s all.
I did purchase myself from Selfridges, so there’s no way it could be fake. I’m pretty outraged at the situation, it’s also not a brand that you see fakes everywhere of eg. Chanel and LV.
Even with your husband I wouldn’t risk an in person meet up. I’ve read on the Facebook groups those going bad for individuals.. you also have the risk of fake cash.

Sounds like a pretty productive day! What’s on your wish list?
Honestly - not treated myself for months! Now going to live off baked potatoes 😬
Went totally classic asking for a 35 sellier Kelly Epsom in black or gold with gold hardware. Desperate to get on the special orders list, but it seems a little way off

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just wondering does anyone have any Veja trainers? Keep looking at them and I like them even if they are quite simple. Are they comfy and worth the money?
I have exclusively worn Vejas for the last 4 years. So I’m now a bit bored of them, I also hate how they are everywhere now.

But - they are lovely, classic looking and go with everything.

I find certain styles crease easy. I’ve bought 4 pairs of the same colourway 😂. and I also find them hard to clean once dirty.

they do give me blisters at first or if I wear walking about for hours.

I suppose as a private transaction if anything goes wrong, you or the purchaser won’t have any redress through eBay. But from what you’re saying, you seem to be picking up good vibes from your purchaser which is positive!

In your shoes, I would suggest meeting the buyer “in person” and suggesting to her that she views the bag before exchanging money, and then if the sale goes ahead, ask her if you could both go to the ATM together and then you’ll know the money she withdraws isn’t fake. Dunno if that’s feasible due to geography etc!

I’ve only ever purchased from eBay, I’ve never sold anything on it. But I have sold several items down through the years on an Irish website called “DoneDeal”. Fortunately all my sales have been paid for in cash upon handing over the product. I had to correspond with several “chancers” who were trying to bargain me down, even when I clearly stated on the ad that the item was priced at my best price! And I also had to filter out various dopes who wanted to invite themselves to my house at all hours of the night to view the sale item. The process was exhausting and quite stressful!
Are you really sure you want to part with the bag?! 🤪

I bought a Marc Jacobs bag on eBay a few years ago. When it arrived I was totally horrified. It was clearly a fake, so cheap looking and so poorly finished. The hardware was like something from the pound store. With PayPal protection I was able to get refunded and to send the bag back too. It put me right off buying any bags from eBay ever again.

Good luck with your decision and with the sale!! I hope you get a fabulous new bag to celebrate!

I suppose as a private transaction if anything goes wrong, you or the purchaser won’t have any redress through eBay. But from what you’re saying, you seem to be picking up good vibes from your purchaser which is positive!

In your shoes, I would suggest meeting the buyer “in person” and suggesting to her that she views the bag before exchanging money, and then if the sale goes ahead, ask her if you could both go to the ATM together and then you’ll know the money she withdraws isn’t fake. Dunno if that’s feasible due to geography etc!

I’ve only ever purchased from eBay, I’ve never sold anything on it. But I have sold several items down through the years on an Irish website called “DoneDeal”. Fortunately all my sales have been paid for in cash upon handing over the product. I had to correspond with several “chancers” who were trying to bargain me down, even when I clearly stated on the ad that the item was priced at my best price! And I also had to filter out various dopes who wanted to invite themselves to my house at all hours of the night to view the sale item. The process was exhausting and quite stressful!
Are you really sure you want to part with the bag?! 🤪

I bought a Marc Jacobs bag on eBay a few years ago. When it arrived I was totally horrified. It was clearly a fake, so cheap looking and so poorly finished. The hardware was like something from the pound store. With PayPal protection I was able to get refunded and to send the bag back too. It put me right off buying any bags from eBay ever again.

Good luck with your decision and with the sale!! I hope you get a fabulous new bag to celebrate!
Thank you! Sorry you had a bad experience with the Marc Jacobs bag, that’s the good thing about eBay as you are able to get your money back. I have decided to put the sale on hold for now. Having thought about it more clearly, I don’t really want to put myself at any risk. I’m really disappointed in eBay tbh, I’ve sold lots of designer items through them and can’t understand them putting me in this position. I’ve got the bag back and it looks lovely to me, it’s just not a style that works for me and I have barely got any use out of it.

I really want these trainers. My husband is going off the head and saying they are tacky and too expensive but I’m obsessed. He also doesn’t think I’ll wear them enough.
Does anyone have them?
I saw them on a girl a few months ago and I really liked them.

663B9318-2D7C-44C1-AD42-C62D340432B6.png

• Sick
I'd be terrified I'd lose that bracelet! Defo one to only wear when sober! It's very pretty 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'd be terrified I'd lose that bracelet! Defo one to only wear when sober! It's very pretty 💖
I did a yank test on it to make sure it doesn't fall off easily 😆 it doesn't thankfully lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have anything from the Van Cleef Alhambra collection? Just having a peek for a gift and either I have a fat neck (never had an issue before🤣) or the chains are quite short? Unsure if the measurement on the website is for the ‘biggest length’ E.g if you fastened it on the loosest clasp or not. Like the necklace would fit but just wouldn’t really hang where I want 🤔

Does anyone have anything from the Van Cleef Alhambra collection? Just having a peek for a gift and either I have a fat neck (never had an issue before🤣) or the chains are quite short? Unsure if the measurement on the website is for the ‘biggest length’ E.g if you fastened it on the loosest clasp or not. Like the necklace would fit but just wouldn’t really hang where I want 🤔
I have the sweet Alhambra pendant and the 5 motif Alhambra bracelet. Tbh the necklaces have 2 settings and the shortest one is more of a “choker” style in my opinion (or very short necklace). It’s not uncomfortable, but it is quite short. Hence why I went for the sweet style, so I could layer it. On the longer clasp it’s fine, it’s just like a normal necklace length x

if I had the vintage Alhambra pendant I wouldn’t wear it on the shortest setting. Which stone are you looking at? 🥰

I really want these trainers. My husband is going off the head and saying they are tacky and too expensive but I’m obsessed. He also doesn’t think I’ll wear them enough.
Does anyone have them?
I saw them on a girl a few months ago and I really liked them.

View attachment 1924422
I love these. I actually tried to buy from the louboutin website but for some reason it wouldnmt accept payment from me. Promise I had money in my account 😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.