Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I looooveeee mine! I have the same one 😊 So warm and VERY waterproof!!

I really want to get a longer black one but I can’t justify it at the min when I’ve got 7 million other coats 😭
It’s so amazing!! I have no idea how I lived without one before. Already looking at other styles! 😂

I loved the Montebello style because I’m 5’3 so it’s a bit long on me but not too long (perfect length). It covers my bum but if I got a coat any longer, it looks like it’s drowning me

I need the matching hat now 🥰
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
General question,

What’s the most you’d spend on a bag.
- Watch
- Item of Jewellery like ring/bracelet

and how do you pay?
out right, on credit.
Always interested to know what the cut off point is for people.
I’ve loved reading the replies to this! Personally, for a bag it would depend on how much I love it, I have OCD so I’m very particular about keeping them clean and in shape so I would keep that in mind when purchasing. I wouldn’t spend over £7k on a bag but, my partner has spent more on gifts for me. The only exception would be a beach bag which, I know is likely to get slightly ruined so I wouldn’t spend over £1.5k.

I don’t wear watches as I hate how they feel when you put your arm down when you are writing so it’s pointless buying one 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have no limit on jewellery but, I’m not into fashion pieces, I prefer traditional.

I pay for everything outright, never on credit. I have my own property company so earn good money. My partner also often surprises me with items throughout the year so this saves me money too. We don’t have any children (yet) or large expenses so have a lot of disposable income and like to treat ourselves each month!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah god of course they don’t 😖 I’ve not got high hopes to be fair. I had a look at the similar style dior have brought out but they’re just not in the same league
I know. I wasn’t keen on them before and because they were difficult to get I just wasn’t bothered but now I really want them.
 
I know. I wasn’t keen on them before and because they were difficult to get I just wasn’t bothered but now I really want them.
I know I wasn’t too keen at first but I really want those ivory now 😍 might try Manchester store closer to my birthday but still doubt I’d have much luck
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Absolutely love the replies I’m getting here!
😍 il say it again thank you all for being so honest!

@katyazamo @Holidaybobs brilliant answers!!!

In this thread. We should find out everyone’s birthday and raise them some funds for their next expensive purchase. Is go fund my expensive habits a thing? 🤣
If you would like to start a “go fund Ooh” for a Cartier bracelet or ring I would fully support this move 😂 I’m not rocking Argos jewellery don’t get me wrong 😂
But my most expensive item jewellery wise is probably Chupi, before she became a massive twit. 😐
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Hi! First time positing here. Has anyone on here got any van cleef jewellery?
Would you recommend? I’m just about to buy my first piece which I think will be the vintage Alhambra MOP in gold. Thanks! X
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
About Canada Goose. I don’t want to get on my high and mighty about animal cruelty and the use of animal furs and skin because I couldn’t tell you if half of if anything I own is ethical but with Canada Goose, I can’t 😑
 
  • Like
Reactions: 20
I used to work above the Canada Goose shop on Regent Street. I’ve heard enough MURDER protests in my lifetime to put me off for good 😅
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m well aware that Canada goose uses real fur, and I don’t want to derail from the thread too much, but they are stopping the use of fur now.

A very tiny amount of luxury fashion is completely ethical. Louis Vuitton burn their old stock and contribute to harmful gases in the environment, there is no evidence to ensure they provide a living wage to their workers. Chanel score very low on the fashion transparency index, Fendi and Hermes both use exotic animal skin. Also, Dior are currently using coyote fur on their jackets (the exact same fur Canada goose were using). PETA even looked into how Hermes were slaughtering crocodiles and Ostriches for their bags, and shared the results online.

No part of this is ethical, it’s sad of course, but it’s hard to find a luxury brand that is 100% ethical. A lot are very far from it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I’m well aware that Canada goose uses real fur, and I don’t want to derail from the thread too much, but they are stopping the use of fur now.

A very tiny amount of luxury fashion is completely ethical. Louis Vuitton burn their old stock and contribute to harmful gases in the environment, there is no evidence to ensure they provide a living wage to their workers. Chanel score very low on the fashion transparency index, Fendi and Hermes both use exotic animal skin. Also, Dior are currently using coyote fur on their jackets (the exact same fur Canada goose were using). PETA even looked into how Hermes were slaughtering crocodiles and Ostriches for their bags, and shared the results online.

No part of this is ethical, it’s sad of course, but it’s hard to find a luxury brand that is 100% ethical. A lot are very far from it
As I said, I’m not getting on my ethical high horse, but for me the thought of all that fur round my neck makes me feel ill. Canada Goose or otherwise.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I want to invest in winter jackets and coats as Melbourne is heading into autumn and winter soon! Any recommendations for Moncler or Canada Goose? What types of styles are there?

Hi! First time positing here. Has anyone on here got any van cleef jewellery?
Would you recommend? I’m just about to buy my first piece which I think will be the vintage Alhambra MOP in gold. Thanks! X
Hi, how exciting getting your first Vancleef piece! Vancleef jewellery is so beautiful and timeless so anything would go! The MOP is quite delicate so just make sure to take care of it. Don't shower with it, don't spray perfume or get oils on the stone and make sure you store it correctly so it can last as long as possible. Me personally, i really like to take care my pieces and after wearing them i wipe them down with a dry and soft cloth and then they go straight back to the jewellery box. I do this for all my pieces not just Vancleef. I'm very serious about my jewellery and that's what i actually baby instead of bags. 😂😂
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Hi! First time positing here. Has anyone on here got any van cleef jewellery?
Would you recommend? I’m just about to buy my first piece which I think will be the vintage Alhambra MOP in gold. Thanks! X
I have the sweet Alhambra in MOP and it is so delicate. Honestly it can get a little dirty at times too, so I have to clean it regularly. I’ve never worn it in the shower though…it’s a beautiful necklace I’m just so worried about it getting ruined or anything, because I sometimes spray perfume and forget I have it on 🥲 I would still recommend though, because it is really beautiful

I want to invest in winter jackets and coats as Melbourne is heading into autumn and winter soon! Any recommendations for Moncler or Canada Goose? What types of styles are there?


Hi, how exciting getting your first Vancleef piece! Vancleef jewellery is so beautiful and timeless so anything would go! The MOP is quite delicate so just make sure to take care of it. Don't shower with it, don't spray perfume or get oils on the stone and make sure you store it correctly so it can last as long as possible. Me personally, i really like to take care my pieces and after wearing them i wipe them down with a dry and soft cloth and then they go straight back to the jewellery box. I do this for all my pieces not just Vancleef. I'm very serious about my jewellery and that's what i actually baby instead of bags. 😂😂
what styles of coats or jackets do you usually wear? I’m not too big on Moncler, I prefer CG. I got the Montebello style, it’s like a parka jacket but big and warm, so I love it :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I have the sweet Alhambra in MOP and it is so delicate. Honestly it can get a little dirty at times too, so I have to clean it regularly. I’ve never worn it in the shower though…it’s a beautiful necklace I’m just so worried about it getting ruined or anything, because I sometimes spray perfume and forget I have it on 🥲 I would still recommend though, because it is really beautiful



what styles of coats or jackets do you usually wear? I’m not too big on Moncler, I prefer CG. I got the Montebello style, it’s like a parka jacket but big and warm, so I love it :)
Actually i had a look through the moncler website and i really liked laiche short down jacket because it comes with detachable hood and then you can also remove the faux fur from the hood! I love me a versatile jacket hehehe. Also looked at the CG Montebello parka and its gorgeous and looks super cozy so i'm thinking of getting both since they're different to each other.
 
Real fur makes me feel ill too but tbh all my bags and shoes are leather so it's kind of much of a muchness isn't it.

Someone please persuade me that I don't need the Gucci jelly shoes for summer. I feel like they are literally so hideous and yet, I love them?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Actually i had a look through the moncler website and i really liked laiche short down jacket because it comes with detachable hood and then you can also remove the faux fur from the hood! I love me a versatile jacket hehehe. Also looked at the CG Montebello parka and its gorgeous and looks super cozy so i'm thinking of getting both since they're different to each other.
Love love the laiche!! CG do a similar style called the abbots down jacket but the hood isn’t fur, just a plain hood. So defo the laiche I think!

Montebello is soooo cozy!! And has like 6 pockets which I love 😂 the jackets do run kinda small though
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
6 pockets...now that is something so beautiful!
Real fur makes me feel ill too but tbh all my bags and shoes are leather so it's kind of much of a muchness isn't it.

Someone please persuade me that I don't need the Gucci jelly shoes for summer. I feel like they are literally so hideous and yet, I love them?!
I'm trying to stop myself from buying the Chanel patent mules as i know that once i get them i'll probably wear them once and never again. 😂 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.