Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s fave designer piece they’ve bought? Could be jewellery, handbag’s, accessories…anything ☺…i love a bit of inspiration and hearing what people recommend
Definitely my small chanel boy bag in grey caviar just because it was my first designer bag that I got when I was 16. My mum bought it for me, so I’ve had a lot of good memories with it! It also goes with every outfit so it’s just perfection.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I would never get a Vivienne Westwood watch. I owned two, and they didn’t last longer than six months. My sister also had one, and hers also broke. They’re just not fit for day to day use.
awhhh that’s sad, someone else mentioned that they liked the red! I think ill get it since I like the watch so much. But do you recommend any day to day watches
 
Mine is a bit random but it’s my RIMOWA suitcase set.
It’s a rare colour and secondly it was bought for me by husband as we were friends. Now we travel the world together.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Mine is a bit random but it’s my RIMOWA suitcase set.
It’s a rare colour and secondly it was bought for me by husband as we were friends. Now we travel the world together.
I love a good suitcase! ☺

Definitely my small chanel boy bag in grey caviar just because it was my first designer bag that I got when I was 16. My mum bought it for me, so I’ve had a lot of good memories with it! It also goes with every outfit so it’s just perfection.
Chanel is just a classic, defo an investment ☺
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I just had my first LV purchase delivered. Trio set of Pochette Kirigami. I’m looking forward to getting the off-brand inserts/conversion kit so I can wear on the shoulder. I wouldn’t mind a matching belt too, a reversible one with brown monogram on one side and maybe black on the other and gold hardware.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Just out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s fave designer piece they’ve bought? Could be jewellery, handbag’s, accessories…anything ☺…i love a bit of inspiration and hearing what people recommend
I think my mulberry lily or my LV speedy would be mine! the lily just goes perfectly with a dressy outfit and I wanted the speedy for suuuuch a long time before I got it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I think my mulberry lily or my LV speedy would be mine! the lily just goes perfectly with a dressy outfit and I wanted the speedy for suuuuch a long time before I got it!
Ooh I actually don’t think I’ve seen the speedy! I must have a Google lol…I was actually looking at the mulberry amberly last night…love mulberry 😍
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Can you ladies help me.
I know a lady in my life whose been like a mother to me. It’s her birthday soon. She doesn’t wear labels yet she is very glamorous. I’ve noticed she wears a leather bag and it’s very tatty. She’s been using it for years. I want to buy an everyday bag that has a strap that fits in wallet, glasses case, tissue, purse that kind of thing. I would say a size in between small and medium.
What bag would you guys recommend she is in her 60s and she works in London and uses public transport so I don’t want anything loud that she will be mugged.
I would love to purchase something from Chanel or Gucci but I am not sure what to buy that’s not clearly from those brands.
Any ideas ? 😊
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Can you ladies help me.
I know a lady in my life whose been like a mother to me. It’s her birthday soon. She doesn’t wear labels yet she is very glamorous. I’ve noticed she wears a leather bag and it’s very tatty. She’s been using it for years. I want to buy an everyday bag that has a strap that fits in wallet, glasses case, tissue, purse that kind of thing. I would say a size in between small and medium.
What bag would you guys recommend she is in her 60s and she works in London and uses public transport so I don’t want anything loud that she will be mugged.
I would love to purchase something from Chanel or Gucci but I am not sure what to buy that’s not clearly from those brands.
Any ideas ? 😊
YSL Sac de Jour! Very generous of you. Where do I find friends like these? 😂
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@alwaysdreaming That’s so kind of you!
I recently got my mum a black alma bb in epi leather and she loves it! It has a strap and top handles so it’s very versatile. The branding is super subtle so most people won’t be able to tell it’s designer. It’s a great size so it fits all the essentials and more!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
YSL Sac de Jour! Very generous of you. Where do I find friends like these? 😂
You know that’s a great idea. I have it in mini just I It doesn’t have a zip or a flap. I know she likes some sort of security and not an open bag.

@alwaysdreaming That’s so kind of you!
I recently got my mum a black alma bb in epi leather and she loves it! It has a strap and top handles so it’s very versatile. The branding is super subtle so most people won’t be able to tell it’s designer. It’s a great size so it fits all the essentials and more!
Could be a contender. Thank you! She’s very special person. I want to show my love and appreciation.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Coach have got a sale on at the moment and there's some lovely bags in that (trying to ignore it but the ad just popped up on here for it aswell 🤣🤣 I don't need any more bags!)

As someone else has said the Louis vuitton epi leather bags are good as not blatantly designer - that's why I like mine as the LV is only in the corner but it's the same colour as the leather
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry this might have been covered before, but has anyone ordered from Polene in the UK since Brexit was enforced? Just trying to work out whether custom charges will be applied now on top of delivery & how much! 😓
 
Sorry this might have been covered before, but has anyone ordered from Polene in the UK since Brexit was enforced? Just trying to work out whether custom charges will be applied now on top of delivery & how much! 😓
Import VAT is on anything over £135, it’s 20% + a £9 admin fee.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Can you ladies help me.
I know a lady in my life whose been like a mother to me. It’s her birthday soon. She doesn’t wear labels yet she is very glamorous. I’ve noticed she wears a leather bag and it’s very tatty. She’s been using it for years. I want to buy an everyday bag that has a strap that fits in wallet, glasses case, tissue, purse that kind of thing. I would say a size in between small and medium.
What bag would you guys recommend she is in her 60s and she works in London and uses public transport so I don’t want anything loud that she will be mugged.
I would love to purchase something from Chanel or Gucci but I am not sure what to buy that’s not clearly from those brands.
Any ideas ? 😊
Thats so lovely! Def the lower end of the scale but I got my mum a Radley leather cross body that’s been very hard wearing for every day! Or a Mulberry Antony is a solid day to day bag, which is quite subtle. Could always get a purse to match if you’ve got the budget!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I think my mulberry lily or my LV speedy would be mine! the lily just goes perfectly with a dressy outfit and I wanted the speedy for suuuuch a long time before I got it!
What size Lily do you have? I have been umming and ahhing between the two sizes for months!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.