Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have some Lululemon leggings and honestly I prefer my £25 ones from H&M. But also prefer Sweaty Betty. I wouldn't buy Lulu again. Alo Yoga stuff is gorgeous.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Also not a lulu fan but love Alo. Got a couple pairs of Sweaty Betty leggings which I really like for outdoor running.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Votes here for Sweaty Betty, Nike and H&M! H&M ones so underrated, good high waists and they do last.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Another vote for Sweaty Betty. Wait for the sale (they happen frequently) or get them at Bicester for good discounts.

Interesting on H&M. I find the leggings don't stay up. I like the sports bras though.

Has anyone tried Adanola? I’m seeing it everywhere and it looks so nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Another vote for Sweaty Betty! Their power leggings have a handy side pocket too and I find the normal leggings better than the high waisted version. I’ve bought a couple of pairs off eBay if you’re open to buying secondhand. Otherwise they do good sales as mentioned above.

Separately, does anyone have any recommendations for a versatile crossbody bag please? Looking for something that won’t look out of place with a nice outfit but also won’t look ridiculous if I chuck on over activewear to run errands. Ideally nothing too trendy, would like something that won’t look stupid in 3 years time! Currently looking at the Loewe Puzzle, Dior Caro and Bottega Veneta Cassette but I’m really undecided.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Another vote for Sweaty Betty! Their power leggings have a handy side pocket too and I find the normal leggings better than the high waisted version. I’ve bought a couple of pairs off eBay if you’re open to buying secondhand. Otherwise they do good sales as mentioned above.

Separately, does anyone have any recommendations for a versatile crossbody bag please? Looking for something that won’t look out of place with a nice outfit but also won’t look ridiculous if I chuck on over activewear to run errands. Ideally nothing too trendy, would like something that won’t look stupid in 3 years time! Currently looking at the Loewe Puzzle, Dior Caro and Bottega Veneta Cassette but I’m really undecided.
I love the Dior Caro! I liked the bottega too but the leather looks so soft and buttery, I was scared it would scratch easily or I could snag it on something and it’ll tear
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Thank you they’ve got some nice bits on there
I’ve ordered some stuff that comes direct from the designer Gucci and Burberry if I recall correctly and other stuff that’s come from random boutiques in like Germany.

*Oh and I’ve had stuff come from Harrods as well. They’re partnered with a lot of companies. Make sure you use the 15% code if it’s your first order.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever braved Bicester on a weekend? Is it mental? I've only ever been midweek when I'm on A/L!
 
Has anyone ever braved Bicester on a weekend? Is it mental? I've only ever been midweek when I'm on A/L!
It’s fine if you get there within an hour or two of opening, any later I wouldn’t bother. It can be horrible.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I love the Dior Caro! I liked the bottega too but the leather looks so soft and buttery, I was scared it would scratch easily or I could snag it on something and it’ll tear
I hadn’t even thought about that actually but I will definitely stress about it scratching so maybe best to avoid! I’m leaning towards the Caro, a bit worried about how new it is and whether it’s just a trend item but I think/hope it looks like it can become a classic
 
What kinda jobs does everyone have? 😅, trying to work out what do I need to do to afford all these things 😍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
A job that dosnt earn enough 😂😂
Hahaha right!

In all honestly I do earn well (answer to your question I run 2 small businesses and have a property portfolio) but Mr has bought all of my more expensive stuff and thats always in moderation for birthdays and such…He is less of a spend thrift than I am but I don’t even think I’m that bad 😬😬 not in comparison to what we see from some on instagram for example. I definitely think about buying more than I actually do.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I work in sales for a blue chip company, I’m a decent performer who achieves my targets so I do like to treat myself! My OH is self employed with a family business and is very cautious with his money but means I am lucky enough to be able to use my earnings to buy what I want. I contribute half to all the bills and as the breadwinner he will pay for larger things like holidays and home improvements. It’s not always been like this though, I remember having to buy a pair of £10 shoes for work when we bought our first house and worrying about it as it skinted me. I know we are lucky and I count my lucky stars every day and never take anything for granted.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What kinda jobs does everyone have? 😅, trying to work out what do I need to do to afford all these things 😍
I studied quantity surveying at university and I’m now a property developer. I have a property portfolio of houses I rent out but, my main job is building/buying luxury properties. So I have a large disposable income and can treat myself when I like but, I don’t splurge that often. I like to treat my close friends and family too. My husband to be is also extremely wealthy, so that helps a lot! (That’s not the reason I’m marrying him😂) I don’t come from a wealthy family but, one with a strong work ethic. My mum worked for everything she has and has done well in life, so she was the inspiration for us to do well!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.