Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their products are just not in demand lol. I remember the thread member here who was an ex employee said they had to pull their sauces from supermarket shelves because they were not selling. Matt doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing
hi new to this thread👋

I remember a daily mail commentor about a year ago who claimed Matt was their ex and he’d never worked and always lived off his parents.

at a glance, sounds like she started to make a success of her blog, he came along and saw it as a cash cow and got involved and has claimed to be doing something self sacrificial for her, when in reality he’s latched onto a good thing and now can play at being CEO

what’s his deal?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She shared a story saying their business can’t fall apart because of the debt they have…

So… is it possible they both spent their trust funds/got their share of their inheritance already and it’s all gone so their families are not willing to bail them out? This would explain having to close the delis instead of having their families bail them out… it would also explain how they can afford the Kensington real estate that they had to take a mortgage out on to buy out their investors.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I think she's just cosplaying talking about debt and struggle to be ✨relatable✨.

I'm sure their inherited and personal wealth is very protected.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think she's just cosplaying talking about debt and struggle to be ✨relatable✨.

Exactly if they were in so much debt surely they wouldn't be constantly trying to expand their business? They would be trying to make a profit and maintain what they have

Reactions: 6

Yes it’s a nice project for Ella and Matt to get some validation.
Feel sorry for anyone working under them

Reactions: 7
It could also be a ponzy scheme like situation… you constantly come up with something new to try and cover the losses from your previous failed project

• Wow
Reactions: 6
They run the business exactly as you would expect from two people with the hugest of huge safety nets. Hence so many started then abandoned projects. Now she is pretending they are just like a regular business owners living with the stress of debt hanging over them. Please!

The way she keeps using AMAs on Instagram to address observations from here is interesting. You can fool some of the people some of the time.

Reactions: 15
It could also be a ponzy scheme like situation… you constantly come up with something new to try and cover the losses from your previous failed project
I don't think they'd operate like this at all. They'll both be aware of the very first rule to never risk your own money.

I'm sure with both of their connections they'll easily be able to get finance. The app alone must generate a very healthy profit every month.

Reactions: 4
I don't think they'd operate like this at all. They'll both be aware of the very first rule to never risk your own money.

I'm sure with both of their connections they'll easily be able to get finance. The app alone must generate a very healthy profit every month.
Developing the type of app they are developing is insanely expensive and they are super erratic with their projects, the desperation for money is literally palpable. The content for the apps isn’t cheap either. Ella used to create all their content, now it’s other people. The fact that they can’t keep their staff / are trying to outsource parts of their company also says they are not exactly successful.

Reactions: 2
It's not insanely expensive thesedays to create an app. We've done similar at work and off the shelf tools make it pretty easy. The cost and barrier for an app these days is super low.

I can only see 14 workout videos on it, and workouts are supposed to be a big part of it. Very barebones stuff.

Then you need a few people to add content, which wouldn't be that expensive and there's not that much content in it. Considering it's in the top charts for grossing (often #1 food and drink on android) it could easily be making a fortune.

The fact that they can’t keep their staff / are trying to outsource parts of their company also says they are not exactly successful.
I think thats more about maximising profits, rather than any indication they're struggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Or perhaps it is the way of not taking the ownership to increase salaries of people, force them to work from the office to eat all their snacks and forbid eating meat (making you feel rubbish about it) and do yoga and mindfulness as a team...we are in debt and cannot pay you but work hard for us.

Reactions: 1
She shared a story saying their business can’t fall apart because of the debt they have…

So… is it possible they both spent their trust funds/got their share of their inheritance already and it’s all gone so their families are not willing to bail them out? This would explain having to close the delis instead of having their families bail them out… it would also explain how they can afford the Kensington real estate that they had to take a mortgage out on to buy out their investors.
I’ve never met a CEO who ponies up their own assets to prop up a failing business, usually it’s the opposite, they change the directorship to another Ltd company and put in distance so their assets are protected. Just as with Livia’s, if the DE brand collapses they will still be sitting pretty in the 70’s floral acid trip they call a home

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve never met a CEO who ponies up their own assets to prop up a failing business, usually it’s the opposite, they change the directorship to another Ltd company and put in distance so their assets are protected. Just as with Livia’s, if the DE brand collapses they will still be sitting pretty in the 70’s floral acid trip they call a home
They don’t plan long term. They brought in investors, who in 5 years would have had the right to sell their stake to anyone, without CEO Matthew or Ella having a say in it. Who does that? Someone who is desperate for cash.

and then who takes on debt personally to buy out their business? Someone whose business does not have the numbers for the business to get a loan on its own.

Yel

Toasted the toast? Are Amazon wholefoods selling pre-toasted bread that you re-toast :LOL:

1669904090820.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
For someone who has written 57 cookbooks or whatever she literally eats the same food again and again and again and again.

Yel

Exactly, we all get stuck in a rut eating the same things. A reason to follow someone is if they went out of their way to show different food

I was supposed to say the same. She lives on rocket and mushrooms 😳 and any other day she adds up something creamy garlicky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.