Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just unsubscribed from her app. I have been paying 99p a month for the recipes since it was started. I had a notification that from next month it would cost me £2.49 for the same. That‘s two and a half times as much! I am going to screenshot the recipes I use before I lose access. I can’t believe she has done that in a cost of living crisis!
I’m really mad about this also, have had the app for years and the recipes and workouts are great. However not even a year ago they said that the existing subscribers could stick at that price for life if they didn’t want to upgrade to “all access” which they don’t even reference anymore… at the same time as giving a load of people three months free.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
What a terrible way to treat your loyal customers. The price rise is one thing but reneging on a promise is a whole other thing.

Matt would do well to do some reading about the Trust Thermocline, I wonder if they are past the point of no return but haven’t realised it yet.

Reactions: 7
What a terrible way to treat your loyal customers. The price rise is one thing but reneging on a promise is a whole other thing.

Matt would do well to do some reading about the Trust Thermocline, I wonder if they are past the point of no return but haven’t realised it yet.

Wow that’s so interesting thanks for sharing that. Can definitely see how that has happened with a few brands I have followed for ages

Reactions: 5
I’m really mad about this also, have had the app for years and the recipes and workouts are great. However not even a year ago they said that the existing subscribers could stick at that price for life if they didn’t want to upgrade to “all access” which they don’t even reference anymore… at the same time as giving a load of people three months free.
On the new pricing All Access is only 50p more a month.

Just did some aimless scrolling during I’m a Celeb to make this post as it’s pissed me right off that she’s tried to claim that being part of the Sainsbury’s dynasty hasn’t got her to where she is…

I started going off Ella in 2015/2016. She’s the same age as me and before that I had been so impressed with what she’d achieved.

Then she went on holiday to St Lucia (somewhere I’ve always dreamed of going) and stayed in the beautiful Jade Mountain

View attachment 1747168

I remember googling the hotel and seeing that it was like $1,500 a NIGHT minimum! And I was like “holy duck, how can three girls my age afford this?!”

Later that year she then posted about getting engaged here:

View attachment 1747181
This photo was actually the second time she’d posted a photo of that pool, that year… (so 3 Caribbean holidays in one year)

View attachment 1747183

Just as an aside: the photo where she got engaged was taken like 4 weeks after she’d just got a dog I can’t imagine getting a dog and then leaving it essentially straight away. Explains her attitude to her kids though.

But anyway, it lead me to Google the house. It’s called Hummingbird, and tonight’s googling has brought up that her Mum has actually sold it. They bought it for an easy £5million, and have sold it for £22million.

Some info on the houses Ella grew up owning:

However, this is the article I came across back then (it’s still a top search on Google if you look for Camilla Woodward Mustique House).

And for those who enjoy looking at luxury houses, this is the house they use to own: https://avenueproperty.com/property/hummingbird/

And honestly I felt so lied to… She had presented herself as this girl who started a foodblog and got lucky. But she isn’t. Her original blog included fish, and was on Blogger or something. She was recommended to change it to vegan because at the time, it was becoming the “in-vogue” thing.

The following is all from interviews I then read by Ella herself at around that time:

She first got picked up by Huffington Post because her friend wrote the bloody article. The whole thing about basing it around her illness and how it “cured her” was essentially a different way to sell a weight loss diet, but rather than saying that, instead, this diet “cures other things too, it’s just that amazing”.

She created her first phone app, funded by her family wealth, when she had like 20,000 followers, which is not usually enough to justify the expense of something like that.

She was able to employ Annie Clack (do any of you remember her?) and then employed someone else (I can’t remember her name though), before she’d even released her book. How? Family money.

Her original kitchen, in the flat she moved into after uni in central London and was in her name, was put in especially for the lighting, the island and the ascetic so it was perfect for filming. This was because the large kitchen in her Mum’s house where she filmed her first youtube (which was filmed by a friend who happened to also be a videographer, so had professional cameras etc) was too dark…

To repeat: she bought her flat in London, and put a brand new kitchen in it to film videos and take photos for a food blog because her Mum’s kitchen was too dark.

Her first book came about because her Mum’s friend, who happened to be a book publisher recommended that she did it and helped her put together a suggestion about what to put forward to publishers.

But no, obviously she has absolutely not had any help at all from her family or the fact that her Mum is the heiress to the Sainsburys fortune which is something like £100million.

That’s ignoring her wedding, which was also in Mustique. They hired several villas around the island for their 30-odd guests. These villa’s are in the $50,000’s per week to rent. And they hired multiple…

Her wealth and her upbringing are just absolutely unimaginable to everyday people. She isn’t one of us. She doesn’t have money problems. Her Mum has invested in all her business ventures and Ella knows that her Mum will buy her out of trouble.

The fact the public have just accepted her story at face value is just incredibly good PR. I think if Tattle had been a thing back in 2016/2017, she probably would have crumbled a lot more and there would have been a bigger backlash.

edit: my ability to paste the right links in the right place is clearly tit 😂 sorry!
This should be made into a WIKI for Ella. Very informative!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hope everyone is enjoying their 5 days long week-end in Saint Lucia just as much as the so relatable girl next door aka Ella the queen of creamy garlicky pasta queen?!?! She is so relatable isn't she not?!?! 😂🤡😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hope everyone is enjoying their 5 days long week-end in Saint Lucia just as much as the so relatable girl next door aka Ella the queen of creamy garlicky pasta queen?!?! She is so relatable isn't she not?!?! 😂🤡😂
Greetings from the Maldives ! Just Went for the weekend to recharge After an exhausting 9-5 workweek....miss my Marylebone townhouse though

Hahahahah

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So there was a whole gala type event for her late mother in laws charity and she didnt attend or share about it in her insta?!?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
So there was a whole gala type event for her late mother in laws charity and she didnt attend or share about it in her insta?!?!?
She did attend and post two stories about it before jetting off to St Lucia for the weekend 🙄🤦😂

Reactions: 1
"We are so charitable, bye for another expensive trip that none of you peasants can afford !" It is interesting that they left for the Thanksgiving weekend in us, do they have family or partners/investors not working this week us based. Simply bizarre the greatest ceo of all times is taking a holiday break. Or he just wants a new set of business books to read that he will take nothing from ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well at least the camera is now in her face anymore BUT no need to try and swallow the entire bowl… also… I’m sorry but why do influencers think that anyone seeing them eat their own food is convincing?
There is no flattering way to shovel creamy garlicky mush into your mouth with a giant spoon!! I am baffled that she filmed, reviewed and then posted this. I doubt even deliciously Matthew finds that attractive, everyone else will find it off-putting even if the recipe had been appealing in the first place- which it absolutely wasn't 😂

Reactions: 4
There is no flattering way to shovel creamy garlicky mush into your mouth with a giant spoon!! I am baffled that she filmed, reviewed and then posted this. I doubt even deliciously Matthew finds that attractive, everyone else will find it off-putting even if the recipe had been appealing in the first place- which it absolutely wasn't 😂
To be fair indoubt he is even paying attention he doesn't ever seem to be away from his laptop 😅 also do people usually just eat from a plate standing like this? Or is she trying to imply she is so busy she doesn't even have time to sit down for a.meal?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.