Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just did some aimless scrolling during I’m a Celeb to make this post as it’s pissed me right off that she’s tried to claim that being part of the Sainsbury’s dynasty hasn’t got her to where she is…

I started going off Ella in 2015/2016. She’s the same age as me and before that I had been so impressed with what she’d achieved.

Then she went on holiday to St Lucia (somewhere I’ve always dreamed of going) and stayed in the beautiful Jade Mountain

9A1593D9-A993-457B-B00A-B211BE4B2A08.jpeg

I remember googling the hotel and seeing that it was like $1,500 a NIGHT minimum! And I was like “holy duck, how can three girls my age afford this?!”

Later that year she then posted about getting engaged here:

FAB06EE8-73ED-4F07-8302-4B1BF8228315.jpeg

This photo was actually the second time she’d posted a photo of that pool, that year… (so 3 Caribbean holidays in one year)

E65B5E00-47AF-4BC1-B226-0C0EF268EFFA.jpeg

Just as an aside: the photo where she got engaged was taken like 4 weeks after she’d just got a dog I can’t imagine getting a dog and then leaving it essentially straight away. Explains her attitude to her kids though.

But anyway, it lead me to Google the house. It’s called Hummingbird, and tonight’s googling has brought up that her Mum has actually sold it. They bought it for an easy £5million, and have sold it for £22million.

Some info on the houses Ella grew up owning:

However, this is the article I came across back then (it’s still a top search on Google if you look for Camilla Woodward Mustique House).

And for those who enjoy looking at luxury houses, this is the house they use to own: https://avenueproperty.com/property/hummingbird/

And honestly I felt so lied to… She had presented herself as this girl who started a foodblog and got lucky. But she isn’t. Her original blog included fish, and was on Blogger or something. She was recommended to change it to vegan because at the time, it was becoming the “in-vogue” thing.

The following is all from interviews I then read by Ella herself at around that time:

She first got picked up by Huffington Post because her friend wrote the bloody article. The whole thing about basing it around her illness and how it “cured her” was essentially a different way to sell a weight loss diet, but rather than saying that, instead, this diet “cures other things too, it’s just that amazing”.

She created her first phone app, funded by her family wealth, when she had like 20,000 followers, which is not usually enough to justify the expense of something like that.

She was able to employ Annie Clack (do any of you remember her?) and then employed someone else (I can’t remember her name though), before she’d even released her book. How? Family money.

Her original kitchen, in the flat she moved into after uni in central London and was in her name, was put in especially for the lighting, the island and the ascetic so it was perfect for filming. This was because the large kitchen in her Mum’s house where she filmed her first youtube (which was filmed by a friend who happened to also be a videographer, so had professional cameras etc) was too dark…

To repeat: she bought her flat in London, and put a brand new kitchen in it to film videos and take photos for a food blog because her Mum’s kitchen was too dark.

Her first book came about because her Mum’s friend, who happened to be a book publisher recommended that she did it and helped her put together a suggestion about what to put forward to publishers.

But no, obviously she has absolutely not had any help at all from her family or the fact that her Mum is the heiress to the Sainsburys fortune which is something like £100million.

That’s ignoring her wedding, which was also in Mustique. They hired several villas around the island for their 30-odd guests. These villa’s are in the $50,000’s per week to rent. And they hired multiple…

Her wealth and her upbringing are just absolutely unimaginable to everyday people. She isn’t one of us. She doesn’t have money problems. Her Mum has invested in all her business ventures and Ella knows that her Mum will buy her out of trouble.

The fact the public have just accepted her story at face value is just incredibly good PR. I think if Tattle had been a thing back in 2016/2017, she probably would have crumbled a lot more and there would have been a bigger backlash.

edit: my ability to paste the right links in the right place is clearly tit 😂 sorry!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Who was that friend she used to have? Another blogger…I think she made her wedding cake? Anyone remember the drama?

Reactions: 2
Who was that friend she used to have? Another blogger…I think she made her wedding cake? Anyone remember the drama?
Olivia Wollenberg. She has a brand called Livia’s, she comes from a privileged background too, but no where near the same.

Not sure why they fell out, but I remember reading on here that it was something to do with Deliciously Ella releasing frozen crumbles and Livia feeling like she owned the market and had come up with the concept of vegan crumble.

Probably a case of two businesses that were way too similar.

Reactions: 6
Olivia Wollenberg. She has a brand called Livia’s, she comes from a privileged background too, but no where near the same.

Not sure why they fell out, but I remember reading on here that it was something to do with Deliciously Ella releasing frozen crumbles and Livia feeling like she owned the market and had come up with the concept of vegan crumble.

I think that’s it too.

Reactions: 2
I had forgotten this about Matt’s father:

“Matthew's parents, meanwhile, briefly separated after his father David was charged with taking a bribe from Italy's disgraced leader Silvio Berlusconi, who he once worked for. He was eventually acquitted, albeit on a technicality.”

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Just did some aimless scrolling during I’m a Celeb to make this post as it’s pissed me right off that she’s tried to claim that being part of the Sainsbury’s dynasty hasn’t got her to where she is…
Really amazing that you have gathered all that information and history. Hopefully more people will understand the real truth. And it’s reminded me of what I believed in the early DE days. She’s also a similar age to me and I remember, I thought she was just an average girl, I thought I could try and copy the lifestyle to cure my own health issues (I’m ashamed to say I was so taken in). So I researched what she did and I couldn’t work out how she could afford said lifestyle. All her ingredients were so expensive back then, she said she did yoga 5 times a week in central London, the private consultant who set out her recovery exercise regime, all the international trips, the designer clothes etc and not to mention the flat.
I felt foolish when I heard truth about her background.

I think it was the crumbles or another product. I do think Ella trod on Olivia’s toes a bit. I know business is business, but would you really do that to one of your very close friends. With all Ella’s connections, hers would always knock Livia’s sales right down regardless of product quality. Just proves she isn’t the kind person she tries so desperately hard to prove she is. Not that I feel too sorry for Livia, she’s been problematic in her own right anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Really amazing that you have gathered all that information and history. Hopefully more people will understand the real truth.
Pissed off she waited a few days after I started a new thread so it isn’t all in the OP 😂 I don’t follow her, and haven’t for years, but when I saw someone post that screenshot it really riled me.

I just wish I had receipts.

She has always been very careful to keep herself separate from her Dad as well. On Mother’s Day she has posted photos of herself and Mum, but not on Fathers Day.

Having a controversial MP for a Dad will have given her lessons in PR and management that most of us wouldn’t have, just by virtue of being around that environment.

I wouldn’t mind her at all, if she just owned the fact that she’s insanely wealthy. But she doesn’t. She presents herself as middle class.

She just doesn’t get it. She never will.

As an aside, does anyone remember when she brought out her merch in the same era (2015/2016) and the “large” T-shirts were actually a size 12 😂

Edit to add:

A quick google of Ella Woodward Huffington Post 2014 has brought up the original, first ever article, about Deliciously Ella. It was actually written in 2012, but as you can see from reading it, it was written by a friend of hers, mentions weight and diet but in a sly way, then goes on to present the DE ideals at the time that went on for years… that this way of eating will make you feel better with whatever you’re not feeling great about, even your boyfriend will like it.

The article was used to send out to other publications to get her press.

It absolutely smacks of someone who has had PR help, even if was just advice.

“Ella told me that the most rewarding part of blogging is "knowing that [she] can inspire others to start their own journey to health." From viewers who have POTS, or similar illnesses, to people who are just looking to cut the junk out of their diet, there is a recipe for everyone.” 🤮🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Ella has been reading her threads here again.

All of a sudden the DE logo is also a picture of her and Matt, “ask us anything” Q&A, lots of pictures pf CEO Matthew and how amazing he is making the company grow… 🤦🏼‍♀️
Do you think she has? If so, I’d assume she wouldn’t use a picture that looks like Kim Jong-uns family portrait with the big man sat down and his woman standing next to him… gives out patriarchal vibes… 🙃

I started going off Ella in 2015/2016. She’s the same age as me and before that I had been so impressed with what she’d achieved.

Then she went on holiday to St Lucia (somewhere I’ve always dreamed of going) and stayed in the beautiful Jade Mountain

View attachment 1747168

I remember googling the hotel and seeing that it was like $1,500 a NIGHT minimum! And I was like “holy duck, how can three girls my age afford this?!”

Later that year she then posted about getting engaged here:

View attachment 1747181
This photo was actually the second time she’d posted a photo of that pool, that year… (so 3 Caribbean holidays in one year)

View attachment 1747183

Just as an aside: the photo where she got engaged was taken like 4 weeks after she’d just got a dog I can’t imagine getting a dog and then leaving it essentially straight away. Explains her attitude to her kids though.

But anyway, it lead me to Google the house. It’s called Hummingbird, and tonight’s googling has brought up that her Mum has actually sold it. They bought it for an easy £5million, and have sold it for £22million.

Some info on the houses Ella grew up owning:

However, this is the article I came across back then (it’s still a top search on Google if you look for Camilla Woodward Mustique House).

And for those who enjoy looking at luxury houses, this is the house they use to own: https://avenueproperty.com/property/hummingbird/

And honestly I felt so lied to… She had presented herself as this girl who started a foodblog and got lucky. But she isn’t. Her original blog included fish, and was on Blogger or something. She was recommended to change it to vegan because at the time, it was becoming the “in-vogue” thing.

The following is all from interviews I then read by Ella herself at around that time:

She first got picked up by Huffington Post because her friend wrote the bloody article. The whole thing about basing it around her illness and how it “cured her” was essentially a different way to sell a weight loss diet, but rather than saying that, instead, this diet “cures other things too, it’s just that amazing”.

She created her first phone app, funded by her family wealth, when she had like 20,000 followers, which is not usually enough to justify the expense of something like that.

She was able to employ Annie Clack (do any of you remember her?) and then employed someone else (I can’t remember her name though), before she’d even released her book. How? Family money.

Her original kitchen, in the flat she moved into after uni in central London and was in her name, was put in especially for the lighting, the island and the ascetic so it was perfect for filming. This was because the large kitchen in her Mum’s house where she filmed her first youtube (which was filmed by a friend who happened to also be a videographer, so had professional cameras etc) was too dark…

To repeat: she bought her flat in London, and put a brand new kitchen in it to film videos and take photos for a food blog because her Mum’s kitchen was too dark.

Her first book came about because her Mum’s friend, who happened to be a book publisher recommended that she did it and helped her put together a suggestion about what to put forward to publishers.

But no, obviously she has absolutely not had any help at all from her family or the fact that her Mum is the heiress to the Sainsburys fortune which is something like £100million.

That’s ignoring her wedding, which was also in Mustique. They hired several villas around the island for their 30-odd guests. These villa’s are in the $50,000’s per week to rent. And they hired multiple…

Her wealth and her upbringing are just absolutely unimaginable to everyday people. She isn’t one of us. She doesn’t have money problems. Her Mum has invested in all her business ventures and Ella knows that her Mum will buy her out of trouble.

The fact the public have just accepted her story at face value is just incredibly good PR. I think if Tattle had been a thing back in 2016/2017, she probably would have crumbled a lot more and there would have been a bigger backlash.

edit: my ability to paste the right links in the right place is clearly tit 😂 sorry!
I am impressed by the amount of research you’ve done and thank you for that! Just to add to this - I remember when Ella said that at the beginning, when she was only launching her first blog, it was only her mom who read it and who shared it with her friends. When I didn’t know their privilege at that time, I imagined middle class women who just happened to talk about it - I didn’t realise that such a powerful family would have powerful people in their circle. So the ‘my mom shared it with friends’ story hits different when these friends are probably extremely minted people with different backgrounds that Ella can find useful in launching her career…

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
One more thing I wanted to add… she mentioned sometimes watching Keeping up with the Kardashians… just an article I’ve seen (not read) about something that Ella does a lot too 😅
008EBD98-4E77-4E61-AC2E-A09F43CEEC50.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I got some industry inside info - heard through work that their currently trying to outsource their whole finance team. I fear job cuts are coming from ruthless Matthew. Will keep this thread updated

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Perhaps the answer would be not to invest in effing products there is no demand for ??!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Are they in the process of rebranding the food to be called plants?

It kind of eats up the competition as supermarkets only have limited space for things like coconut yoghurt so the plants DE gets the spots and people that don't care about the brand at all buy as it's the only vegan option.

Reactions: 4
Saying she grew up merely "privileged" is hilarious... so is saying she'd be embarrassed if people found out about her background, as if our society is known for OPPRESSING the wealthy. Those kids are gonna be soooo spoiled, holy cow. Best of luck to their current and future nannies.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If they are rebranding and streamlining the headcount, might be gearing up for a sale or partial sale - eg spinning off the food products under a different name so they can keep the ‘deliciously Ella’ brand 🤨

Reactions: 3
Saying she grew up merely "privileged" is hilarious... so is saying she'd be embarrassed if people found out about her background, as if our society is known for OPPRESSING the wealthy. Those kids are gonna be soooo spoiled, holy cow. Best of luck to their current and future nannies.
And as if she didn't go to school around people equally if not more so, priveledged than her!

Reactions: 3
Not to be pedantic, but her company doesn't actually make the cereal. Technically she outsources production to a food manufacturer to make it.

Reactions: 8
Three months free access to 'Feel Better' with the code SHARINGISCARING for anyone who might be interested.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.