Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Allaboutthehashtag

Chatty Member
IMG_0223.png

I know it’s been mentioned before but the design of their range is awful. Why is top all lower case, mixed case in the middle with half in italics and upper case at the bottom. Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Walkthehemline

I've worked in lots of awful places but there is not one in which 7pm on a Sunday would have been seen as a good time for a meeting... let alone one that doesn't seem to be urgent but just a bit of a pat on the back for her?
This is the bit that really gets me: Sunday night???? For a team meeting???? When it's the only day they finish early???

I would be furious if I had to stay late to listen to some kind of podcast rehearsal about why plant based matters. What a total waste of time. A meeting for the sake of a meeting. Just because her husband likes to gaze into a laptop every night doesn't mean everyone else wants to spend their free time on all things DE. I bet they don't even get paid for staying later.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Matt has all the gear, no idea. They have burned through so much cash over the years, and started then abandoned so many projects, it’s staggering to think of those losses. It’s monopoly money to him, he knows there’s plenty more where it came from and Ella’s family would never allow the business to be perceived to fail or for them to suffer any real consequences.

• Sick

Ciri

Chatty Member
1668893751782.png

Of course, she is the heir of this. She won't make me believe that she doesn't have 0 penny from her last name.

Aardvark

Chatty Member
I was curious about the chocolate spread and was having a look at the ingredients, agave syrup and rapeseed oil are included. These are both ingredients she never used to use in her recipes, I guess she hasn’t come out and said she was wrong about them?! I don’t really follow her anymore so I could have missed something but I’m assuming it’s her usual hypocritical ways.
Orthorexic/clean eating people get all weird about things like rapeseed and sunflower oil, using coconut oil at any opportunity. These oils are no worse than any other oil and are actually much lower in fat. It’s why coconut oil is so thick and solid in comparison, it’s much higher in fat.
In home cooking it doesn’t matter too much but when you are making commercial products you have to use rapeseed oil otherwise you’ll have a chocolate spread that doesn’t spread.
This is a pet topic for me because she has to contradict herself in order to make commercially viable products having spent years unfairly demonising “processed” food and that all goes out the window when she wants to make money.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I’m not defending them at all, but I do think good on them for actually working and putting so much time in to the business. They could easily pay people to do that and watch from afar (although recognise there is a control element, you can still be like that and hands off from experience). As you guys have said, they hardly NEED to work, so at least they are doing something with their time and have a purpose…
Not while they cultivate a toxic work environment and Ella causes a lot of damage with the pseudoscience crap she is spouting…

Meg78

VIP Member
Ok my two predictions:

1) This trip to “see family” is bullshit and they’ve already bought a house in the midlands, it’s too odd that they’d take the week off from London the same week a “huge exclusive deal” lands in stores. It’s also suspicious that the bathroom is a horrific acid trip ala Matthew and that Ella herself is cooking dinner

2) Launching 60 products in 6 months….. will not end well. They do not own their own factory, they do not have the staffing level to cope with quality control and factory visits/compliance with externals, and now that we’ve withdrawn from the EU ingredients sourcing will be at its most difficult as well as with the most volatile pricing, with a cost of living crisis tightening everyone’s belts on top, what a perfect time to really ramp up the product range! At best waitrose is handling the logistics and they’ve just put their names to it, because otherwise this is a dumpster fire waiting to happen, especially with the sickly Victorian at the helm

BringingReality

This is a very concerning read - and still trying to convince people she “can honestly say today she’s really happy” 🤨

I wonder what the “hard truths she needed to hear” Matt gave her were? That she couldn’t manage her own business and needed to give him the top job perhaps?!
View attachment 2237057
Matt needs to hear the hard truths but I bet nobody has ever said no to him in his life

Nitfey

VIP Member
I'm the CEO of no taste and horrible patterns, let me in...or I will add another 10k useless products to our portfolio
Screenshot_20230325_085733_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13

User41137788

Yes that’s why I said she isn’t going anywhere, they are getting one for their office.

She stopped wearing her downpayment worth of bracelets but is wearing a Cartier ring. I swear they are so uninspiring. Like… Tiffany’s has much nicer collections that would have actually matched with her other two rings. But no… basic white girl with the status symbol bling…
I think they’ll always keep the office in London because it would be difficult to hire elsewhere with the outrageous staff turnover they have. Plus they have the restaurant. I reckon they might do a move to the country then keep the house in London for Matt to live in during the week?
---
Also, how shockingly wasteful is getting rid of the brand new kitchen they had fitted as they only moved into that office in May 2022. So it’s less than a year old before it’s being replaced.

• Wow

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
And is it a coincidence that her product range appeared in sainsbury market chain ?

For me whatever she says or tries to imply, she is privileged AF . They are both detached from reality and struggles of everyday life. And sorry Ella to ruined your delusional dreams bit your fake arse "creamy" yogurt is not a revolution for "healthy living".

Gloryfing 24x7 work either. They are both the epitome of what's wrong with privileged rich society.
These issues with them are far more relevant than their connection to Sainsbury’s 😂

Her products always appeared elsewhere first. I used to buy her granola and I found them in Waitrose and on Ocado.

To be fair, the thing they both benefit from and never speak of, is tall the connections they have because of who their parents are. I mean… the story of how they met. The number of people they would know personally and would have a more personal relationship with than what would be possible for “normal” people sets them up for success.

They also rode the wave of CEO Matthew’s mom passing away but were super quiet about the charity or ant support for awareness or research after it was acceptable from a PR perspective to move on.

You don’t see them speak about anything controversial and you don’t see them rock the boat at all. It’s cold hearted marketing and a carefully curated personal brand behind it. They built their entire business on people like them. Speaking about mental health, climate change and everyday struggles while wearing an outfit that costs more than what some people earn in 6 months.

• Sad
  • Sick
Ahhhh...poor Ella. Evil COVID taking away her stockists. Christ, I work with secondary school children who can barely read or on camhs waiting lists so long they'll never get help. But at least they didn't have to experience the pain of losing stockists for their soups.

• Sad

Walkthehemline

Her whirlwind romance sounds like classic narc lovebombing 🤦🏻‍♀️

This. She has said in interviews that he was dating someone else when they first met and she of course had just left a long term relationship anyway.

Yet despite this, they were moving in together ONE WEEK later and he took over the business shortly after. Maybe its true love! Maybe I'm just deeply cynical. But it seems like textbook narcissistic, opportunist behaviour to me.

• Wow
  • Sick

Walkthehemline

100% and I hope that Ella has some good friends/family or independent business advisors that help her to retain some independence and confidence for herself.
Her own father set her up with a man who a) moved in with her within a week of meeting for the first time b) became CEO of her business shortly after and c) had never run a business in his life because he spent about 15 years trying to become a professional golfer.

Red flags all over the place.

If she's got good friends/family/advisors, they're either terrible or she's just not listening.