Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

User41137788

‘Come and celebrate the most money that we have ever made in a week with a glass of cheap fizz, on a Friday when most of you want to be working from home but we insist you come into the office.’
---
Sums up why they have a terrible culture and low staff retention rate in one image.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

bluefox9

Thread title suggestion: Deliciously insecure, fugly patterns galore, CEO Matt working staff harder than ever before

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
They run the business exactly as you would expect from two people with the hugest of huge safety nets. Hence so many started then abandoned projects. Now she is pretending they are just like a regular business owners living with the stress of debt hanging over them. Please!

The way she keeps using AMAs on Instagram to address observations from here is interesting. You can fool some of the people some of the time.

bluefox9

Gosh it looks like the “Plants” burgers Matt launched in Waitrose this week have gone down like a cup of cold sick 🙁 7 reviews and literally every single one has given them a 1 star!!
Most say they taste like cardboard and are the worst plant-based burger they’ve ever had. I feel kind of bad for Ella tbh as it seems a lot of DE fans are feeling super let down by the low quality of the new Plants products across the board. Then again, it was her choice to give her non-plant-based boyfriend full control of her previously successful business within a few weeks of meeting…

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

BringingReality

I got some industry inside info - heard through work that their currently trying to outsource their whole finance team. I fear job cuts are coming from ruthless Matthew. Will keep this thread updated

• Wow
  • Sad

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
So once again she is run down and has to stay in bed today.
This after a weekend no less when she supposedly had a good time.
So it’s either just a bad hangover or once again she is caught in her own lies about how her groundbreaking apps and lifestyle changes are NOT that groundbreaking and solved fuck all for her

• Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
So he works until 9pm and then goes to bed. If he wants to get 8 hours of sleep, which is the bare minimum, he has to be asleep by half past 9.
So… absolutely no time to spent with his wife or on his own without doing “big CEO stuff”. No downtime whatsoever. No go outside and touch grass. No hobbies. Nothing. How bland and sad can you be?

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha

BringingReality

Does he praise her publicly ever? She is always blowing smoke up his ass for tapping away on a laptop or thumbing through a business book but... she is the one who got the huge following off her blog etc. He just appears to take all the credit even though their cafes failed, their office workers are unhappy and the new plants range is apparently rather unpleasant but she's all "so proud of this one - bestest c.e.o. in the universe!"
That’s very true - it all feels so one-sided. She at least deserves some level of recognition publicly from her husband. Otherwise it further emphasizes the fact that he pounced on her business and took over like a leech.

User41137788

And why whyyy are those girls always in prissy dresses?! You’re in Windermere, they need shorts and a t shirt. She’s absolutely barking.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
November 17: “Honestly, I’m the happiest I think I've ever been in my whole life. I've done a lot of work on self-development, figuring out what drags me down, creating boundaries and figuring myself out. I still swear by the same simple tools to feel this way though - healthy food, sleep, mindfulness/ Stress management and yoga. It's daily work but so so worth it”

December 19: “I've been really avoiding exercise for about 6 weeks. Started off with genuinely being a bit too busy, then made up all the excuses. Slowly I've let my nutrition slide a little and my meditation. I've been grumpier, less patient, more reactive, less happy, less optimistic. Self-care is v holistic for me, yoga lets me regulate my emotional well-being which has the biggest impact on how I feel, without it I find I'm less aware of what I need and less intuitive”

🤨

• Haha

ChilliBean

VIP Member
“People who spend 120 minutes a week in nature see a boost to their mental and physical health” yes let me just drop my full time job, my excruciatingly expensive energy bills and all my other responsibilities to fuck off on a ludicrously expensive holiday for a week. So out of touch

Nitfey

VIP Member
And is it a coincidence that her product range appeared in sainsbury market chain ?

For me whatever she says or tries to imply, she is privileged AF . They are both detached from reality and struggles of everyday life. And sorry Ella to ruined your delusional dreams bit your fake arse "creamy" yogurt is not a revolution for "healthy living".

Gloryfing 24x7 work either. They are both the epitome of what's wrong with privileged rich society.

Charisma hampton 1

Hope everyone is enjoying their 5 days long week-end in Saint Lucia just as much as the so relatable girl next door aka Ella the queen of creamy garlicky pasta queen?!?! She is so relatable isn't she not?!?! 😂🤡😂
Greetings from the Maldives ! Just Went for the weekend to recharge After an exhausting 9-5 workweek....miss my Marylebone townhouse though

Hahahahah

• Haha

rosieflowers

VIP Member
OMG that article ... every paragraph is like she's beating herself up in front of you 😨 and then to say 'but finally for the first time in my life I am now happy'... Give it a year or two and she will be writing about how this was the most miserable time of her life too. It's appalling that she's allowed to sell wellbeing advice and lie about its effectiveness in her own life.

I hate to say it but I think she has always been a hypochondriac and I think a lot of her physical illness back in the day was actually psychosomatic/ down to her mental health. Also it's harsh but I think she is a classic case of a bored little rich girl creating a lot of her own problems, with the business and especially with putting herself on instagram/ making her life and business subject to so many people's opinions and whether people 'like' her or not (something that featured heavily in the article).

I think that's why it's hard to sympathise with her because she is so unappreciative and never acknowledges her huge privileges in life - but rather tries to make more money she doesn't need by selling a complete lie to people also suffering with their mental/ physical health 🤦‍♀️

Clover123

VIP Member
Do I even need to caption this

View attachment 2074041
"CEO Matthew locks me in our dark dungeon, blinds me with clashing prints and tassels, and then ignores me while he scrolls through emails. He just came up with a market leading idea- vegan ice cream! I've made at least fourteen comments that have gone unnoticed. Perhaps the sound got lost in our coffee table which is mysteriously made out of padded material! Or perhaps his soul has left his body at the stress of being CEO, you can see it descending to hell to the left of the pic 😍"

• Haha
  • Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Ella discussing risks and money and business when her sneakers from yesterday and jacket from today cost £2000 altogether. That is more than the monthly minimum wage.

• Wow

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
There is also the bigger picture of what Ella has, and has always had, access to - for example I doubt Ella has ever had to see an NHS doctor except in emergencies. She will have always had the very best private medical care and the inherited wealth to afford any treatment, therapy from massage to acupuncture, physio, reformer Pilates, nutritionist, checkups for no reason, the best and most extensive blood tests etc under the sun. It is difficult to fathom what a phenomenal difference that makes to a persons life.
But yes let’s make it all about tahini and maple syrup. No one is asking her to apologise for being born into the 0.1% but the way she skates over the enormous wealth divide - while preaching about the virtues of overpriced, tiny plastic packets of nuts - is ludicrous. Ironic when her family could have done so much to improve things but instead used their wealth to dedicate wings of museums to themselves under the guise of philanthropy.

• Heart