Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His wife said that she cooked a ready made lasagne after a long hard day working and picking up the kids, he sat down, having done nothing, and refused to eat it and lectured them all on the ingredients. She says their kids don't like chicken nuggets anymore, probably because their dad rants at them for eating them.

I'm sure UPFs are bad for the brain but eating disorders and a dad who is a massive louse probably are too. Sorry, it really rubbed me up the wrong way if you can't tell 😅
Doesn’t surprise me, his work around this all came about because he was, by his own admission, being a judgemental asshole to his brother for being overweight.

Still a very interesting read though! 😊 The reason I mentioned it with relation to Ella is because it reminds me of all the things she use to say. She use to have that 10 food philosophy thing about eating ‘naturally’ (I’ll see if I can find this) and how an avocado and a chocolate bar aren’t comparable despite the similar calories.

It just feels like with all these products she’s so far removed from that now, and to me it’s such a shame to see her sell out of her own intentions for money.

Reactions: 5
Ella is a very basic white girl from a privileged family, who jumped on the wellness and yoga bandwagons but didn’t have enough original ideas to make the business sustainable in the long run.

Add CEO Matthew to the mix who wanted in on the startup life and be a big important CEO and a finance bro and you have the app, the unnecessary and underwhelming products and workaholic lifestyle with 0 work-life balance.

And they have no personalities! CEO Matthew only reads work related books. They don’t go out. They don’t have friends. It’s all work and a few trips but it’s always the two of them (+ the nanny) and even on holiday all they can talk and post about is work! Where is the wellness in that? Where are the healthy habits?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ella is a very basic white girl from a privileged family, who jumped on the wellness and yoga bandwagons but didn’t have enough original ideas to make the business sustainable in the long run.

Add CEO Matthew to the mix who wanted in on the startup life and be a big important CEO and a finance bro and you have the app, the unnecessary and underwhelming products and workaholic lifestyle with 0 work-life balance.

And they have no personalities! CEO Matthew only reads work related books. They don’t go out. They don’t have friends. It’s all work and a few trips but it’s always the two of them (+ the nanny) and even on holiday all they can talk and post about is work! Where is the wellness in that? Where are the healthy habits?
Spot on. When I think healthy , I picture Darin Olien who is out there traveling the world looking for remote populations with high longevity and their superfoods...he is hiking, biking , walking in nature ...

Pool Ella looks so unhealthy she barely stands on her feet ,
However it's important to stress that motherhood is exhausting but if she has a full time nanny then she can't complain

Reactions: 3
Some of my ALL TIME favourite recipes that I make over and over again are from Ella back in the day (either books, app or Instagram...) It's a bit of a disappointment how things have ended up.

Reactions: 4
Update on the Plants burgers. The black bean ones I posted about the other day now have a total of 9 reviews which all gave them 1 star. And then their other “Plants Ultimate Plant Based Burger” have 5 reviews which are also all only 1 star.

Surely these will be taken off the shelves soon?! One of the reviewers also said they’d left a comment on the DE page about how the burgers were apparently 3x thinner than the picture on the box showed them to be, but it got deleted - I’m guessing Matt the workaholic probably saw it while he was in Spain 🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Update on the Plants burgers. The black bean ones I posted about the other day now have a total of 9 reviews which all gave them 1 star. And then their other “Plants Ultimate Plant Based Burger” have 5 reviews which are also all only 1 star.

Surely these will be taken off the shelves soon?! One of the reviewers also said they’d left a comment on the DE page about how the burgers were apparently 3x thinner than the picture on the box showed them to be, but it got deleted - I’m guessing Matt the workaholic probably saw it while he was in Spain 🤣
It’s all a bit of a disaster.

There’s not a huge link between online reviews and grocery sales unfortunately as a lot of people could be buying in store who’ve never checked the website.

Reactions: 6
Not gonna lie but it's look like Matt the CEO is just shish at everything he does and turn to crap everything he touches...no wonder they don't have shareholders anymore because an actual board would just fire him in an instant.

Reactions: 10
Not gonna lie but it's look like Matt the CEO is just shish at everything he does and turn to crap everything he touches...no wonder they don't have shareholders anymore because an actual board would just fire him in an instant.
They never had real shareholders to begin with - someone on here uncovered from documents online that when they said they “bought out their shareholders” last year it was actually just Matt’s dad and Ella’s mum lol.
Matt being CEO of DE is literally just a rich guy using his wife’s name to play shops making all those Plants products. I don’t know what Waitrose were even thinking, commissioning him to produce what appears to be a total of around 50 new products (apparently there are still more to come) in less than a year?!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
They never had real shareholders to begin with - someone on here uncovered from documents online that when they said they “bought out their shareholders” last year it was actually just Matt’s dad and Ella’s mum lol.
Matt being CEO of DE is literally just a rich guy using his wife’s name to play shops making all those Plants products. I don’t know what Waitrose were even thinking, commissioning him to produce what appears to be a total of around 50 new products (apparently there are still more to come) in less than a year?!
They also had “investors”: i mean they do take risks etc but it’s nowhere near like a mere mortal doing this

Reactions: 1
They're just so behind the times. The vegan products market has peaked and all the companies are reducing their ranges as the market is so oversaturated. The trend is swinging back ironically to the sort of stuff Ella used to do in cookbooks, just calling it 'unprocessed' instead of 'clean'. Such dumb dumbs.

Reactions: 15
They're just so behind the times. The vegan products market has peaked and all the companies are reducing their ranges as the market is so oversaturated. The trend is swinging back ironically to the sort of stuff Ella used to do in cookbooks, just calling it 'unprocessed' instead of 'clean'. Such dumb dumbs.
Its just ridiculous, I am not at all business minded adn even I can understand this. Anyone think they will branch out into non vegan food? like whne they sold chicken at the cafe

Reactions: 3
So he works until 9pm and then goes to bed. If he wants to get 8 hours of sleep, which is the bare minimum, he has to be asleep by half past 9.
So… absolutely no time to spent with his wife or on his own without doing “big CEO stuff”. No downtime whatsoever. No go outside and touch grass. No hobbies. Nothing. How bland and sad can you be?

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So he works until 9pm and then goes to bed. If he wants to get 8 hours of sleep, which is the bare minimum, he has to be asleep by half past 9.
So… absolutely no time to spent with his wife or on his own without doing “big CEO stuff”. No downtime whatsoever. No go outside and touch grass. No hobbies. Nothing. How bland and sad can you be?
There’s that exciting hour just after he gets up at 5am where he reads the newspaper - I suppose that’s downtime (why you’d rather do this at such an hour than be asleep idk but whatever floats your boat!) 😅 I note there’s no mention of Ella anywhere in the day though - it’s never even “family time” but just references to the daughters

So much to unpack with this…..

1) based on the spelling mistakes and grammar he definitely didn’t write this himself
2) the glossing over of what he actually does with his work day suggests he doesn’t actually “do” much at all, rather he sounds like he just makes pointless meetings happen so he can nod and look important instead of letting people actually do their work
3) considering she wrote this herself, is it not a teensy bit heartbreaking that none of his example day is spent with his wife?
4) they mention and tag symprove a lot, but there’s no mention of this being an ad or “affiliate” as she prefers to say. Surely this is against the rules?
IMG_5429.jpeg

So much to unpack with this…..

1) based on the spelling mistakes and grammar he definitely didn’t write this himself
2) the glossing over of what he actually does with his work day suggests he doesn’t actually “do” much at all, rather he sounds like he just makes pointless meetings happen so he can nod and look important instead of letting people actually do their work
3) considering she wrote this herself, is it not a teensy bit heartbreaking that none of his example day is spent with his wife?
4) they mention and tag symprove a lot, but there’s no mention of this being an ad or “affiliate” as she prefers to say. Surely this is against the rules?
View attachment 2160282
She 100% sent this question to be able to fit in another Simprove ad and by saying Matthew, big important CEO also takes it, she is trying to appeal to a wider market and cash in a bit more on those affiliate purchases. Sad really.

Also how long before they come out with their own probiotics / kombucha?

The whole “I’m CEO of Deliciously Ella is so friggin cringe! This is NOT an intro to a business email or a presentation. No one needed to hear it AGAIN.

Cringe cringe cringe

He had to work in those mentions of The Times and FT :ROFLMAO: Couldn't possibly just leave it at 'read the news'. I'm shocked he didn't shoehorn in a mention of a subscription to The Economist too

• Haha
New to this thread but I’ve followed Ella for a while and she’s one of the main reasons I went plant based a few years ago as I found the books and app really useful. Recently her team have started a new DE community Facebook group and it’s really telling that so many posts are complaining about the app and constant glitches with it. Lots of key ingredients showing as ‘null’ and issues with load times etc. There’s also a problem with consistency and measurements as some recipes have instructions like ‘32 tablespoons of almond milk’ (lol) and ‘40 cherry tomatoes’ instead of just the amount in grams or ml 😂

I find it quite odd that whatever decisions are being made about their marketing approach on Instagram (as opposed to Facebook) don’t appear tap into any sense of ‘community’ which may in fact encourage more engagement. She never shares anyone cooking her food or eating it unless it’s the packaged stuff. It’s just strikes me as odd when it’s how so many brands really grow their audience and encourage new customers. I can see CEO Matt banning it because it’s not something he’d have complete control over…

Oh and also, I recently tried the filled pasta and sauces from Waitrose. Pasta ok, sauces SO SALTY I could barely eat them! 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.