Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I worked for them Matt used to celebrate the people staying latest in the office.
Emulating an investment banking environment is exactly what I'd expect of Deliciously Ella Ltd. Awful.
---
she could have gone and made TV shows and become the veggie version of Nigella. But she sold out.

The whole ethos around DE originally was making food at home, from scratch. A movement away from ultra processed foods. Looking at the ingredients in these new products they’re definitely verging on ultra processed.
I don't think she's got the tallents that Nigella has to make it as an entertainment person (because that's what cooking shows are).

Agree the products aren't far off being ultra processed, calling white sugar beet sugar and veg oil sunflower seed oil does not take away from them being ultra-processed ingredients that contain no nutrition. Adding 1% of something healthy does not counteract these.

Like they say with diets its about what you don't eat, rather than what you eat.

Reactions: 11
There’s also a problem with consistency and measurements as some recipes have instructions like ‘32 tablespoons of almond milk’ (lol) and ‘40 cherry tomatoes’ instead of just the amount in grams or ml 😂
This has triggered serious flashbacks to her first cookbook 😅

"Two sweet potatoes"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Dr Chris has a point about the prevalence of UPFs, but I read the article his wife wrote about his new food 'journey' and frankly he sounds like a tedious knob who has gaslighted his family into complying with his orthorexia.
Those two dr twins come across as media hungry and will say anything to court attention. It's sad that BBC documentaries are more like cbeebies these days.

Reactions: 5
I feel like they both got up at 5am once and now use that one time as an example of their "daily routine." I seriously doubt they get up at that time every day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel like they both got up at 5am once and now use that one time as an example of their "daily routine." I seriously doubt they get up at that time every day 😂
I can see CEO Matthew wanting a Harvey Spectre inspired schedule of waking up super early and being in the office first after having a “morning routine”. I mean he reads all his CEO books and all of those preach about early starts… but for what in his case, it will forever be a mystery

Reactions: 4
He doesn’t have to be in work until 8:30am, why get up at 5? He could start work anytime he wants anyway

Reactions: 3
They’ve had more people leave recently. Staff turnover is horrendous there. No idea how they get any work done when they are constantly recruiting.

So he works until 9pm and then goes to bed. If he wants to get 8 hours of sleep, which is the bare minimum, he has to be asleep by half past 9.
So… absolutely no time to spent with his wife or on his own without doing “big CEO stuff”. No downtime whatsoever. No go outside and touch grass. No hobbies. Nothing. How bland and sad can you be?
Didn’t he play golf on Saturdays? I might be wrong

Reactions: 4
This woman looks so unhappy and unwell in all her posts, it's not inspiring me to order any of her products, quite the opposite.

I don't have any botox etc (yet!) but to see her going on about how badly she thinks of them when her husband has had a rhinoplasty is quite something... does she not know? Or, did he pretend it was for purely for medical reasons and it was quite by chance that he came through the operation with a completely different shaped honker?

Reactions: 10
I’m already looking forward to when Skye who looks so much like her father goes away for “summer camp” as a teen and comes back with a nose to match daddy 🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else keep getting Ella popping up with her avocado toast with enoki mushrooms? I wonder what that recipe is 🙄

Screenshot_20230516_093440_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is it normal to have such little space around a kitchen island?

IMG_5608.jpeg

• Wow
I’ve started seeing her plants range in supermarkets and the ingredients kind of disappointed me - for someone who gives off a wellness and ultra health conscious lifestyle, her brand and products are a good example of greenwashing. The plant milks have unnecessary added ingredients and the food items use cheaper /lower quality oils. To be honest, I probably wouldn’t have noticed these things if I didn’t have to follow a strict anti inflammatory lifestyle for health reasons where but I know I’m not the only one who needs to be mindful of food choices and it’s disappointing that she’s fallen in to the same predictable trap as other “healthy” brands who just slap marketing terms and branding onto everything but when you check the ingredients, nothing actually sets them apart from the other cheaper brands in supermarkets without fancy branding

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Going off topic here but speaking of ‘wellness gurus’ ‘clean’ food gurus etc does anyone follow either of the hemsley sisters (jasmine and Melissa hemsley) and know why they are estranged from each other? I feel like one of them must be a mega witch but don’t know which one lol! They had a tv show and several cookbooks out a few years ago together but now appear to not even speak

• Wow
Going off topic here but speaking of ‘wellness gurus’ ‘clean’ food gurus etc does anyone follow either of the hemsley sisters (jasmine and Melissa hemsley) and know why they are estranged from each other? I feel like one of them must be a mega witch but don’t know which one lol! They had a tv show and several cookbooks out a few years ago together but now appear to not even speak
This is juicy! Are they estranged? They emerged on the clean eating scene around the same time as Ella. I got their first cookbook, each dish needed about 100 ingredients 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I follow Melissa on IG but didn't know they were estranged. I just presumed they were each doing their own thing now. Wonder what happened??

As far as I’m aware they started to head in different directions with Jasmine leaning more into Ayurveda, and when the shared business ventures with cafes in Selfridges stalled and closed down, both sisters wanted to follow their own path, brought out separate books, private retreats etc. I’m unsure if the rift was simply due to the professional changes, or whether Jasmines pregnancy vs Melissa’s many miscarriages was perhaps a tipping point, but I believe they’re both pregnant now and Jasmine was noticeably absent from Melissa’s baby shower 👀

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.