Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I’m aware they started to head in different directions with Jasmine leaning more into Ayurveda, and when the shared business ventures with cafes in Selfridges stalled and closed down, both sisters wanted to follow their own path, brought out separate books, private retreats etc. I’m unsure if the rift was simply due to the professional changes, or whether Jasmines pregnancy vs Melissa’s many miscarriages was perhaps a tipping point, but I believe they’re both pregnant now and Jasmine was noticeably absent from Melissa’s baby shower 👀

Yeah they definitely went their separate ways business wise but I noticed that they also seem to have no involvement with each other personally either, Melissa was not at jasmines 40th big birthday party a few years ago, they’ve had no involvement in each others pregnancies, I’ve never seen Melissa post anything about her niece (jasmines little one) never seen a pic of her holding her or referring to her or anything, could be down to Melissa’s fertility struggles but I think it was going on long before jasmine had a baby, and jasmine did say in a post the other day about her partner theyve been together for x amount of years, that they lost a baby in 2015, and she didn’t have her first baby until after she turned 40 so maybe she’s had her own fertility struggles too
---
But yeah jasmines absence from Melissa’s baby shower was very noticeable and very telling!

Reactions: 4
The suitcases for all those holidays you don’t take Ella?

IMG_5683.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The misuse of italics and not having uniformity with placement is giving me rage

IMG_5722.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg

Reactions: 8
That new kitchen isn’t even THAT MUCH better than the old one, given that their biggest recipe developing doesn’t even happen there…

their business is beginning to feel like money laundering 😂

Reactions: 3
The misuse of italics and not having uniformity with placement is giving me rage

View attachment 2180870View attachment 2180871
She mentions strong brand but surely it’s the last thing from a strong brand. The ‘Plants’ range for Waitrose just completely confuses the brand identity when she’s still selling similar products under the Deliciously Ella brand name in other supermarkets, it makes no sense!
Plus there’s another brand called Plenish who make dairy free milk and their packaging looks very similar to me.

Reactions: 11
She mentions strong brand but surely it’s the last thing from a strong brand. The ‘Plants’ range for Waitrose just completely confuses the brand identity when she’s still selling similar products under the Deliciously Ella brand name in other supermarkets, it makes no sense!
Plus there’s another brand called Plenish who make dairy free milk and their packaging looks very similar to me.
I keep getting publicity for it on Facebook, the negative comments, of which there are loads, are hilarious

Reactions: 2
Interesting article in the Guardian…maybe not the best time to be expanding CEO Matthew?

But...but..Matt the ceo has so many business books ( i doubt he reads it...) , and works 24x7...he is the ceo and reads a news paper everyday. Did I mention he is THE ceo ? 🤭🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But...but..Matt the ceo has so many business books ( i doubt he reads it...) , and works 24x7...he is the ceo and reads a news paper everyday. Did I mention he is THE ceo ? 🤭🤭
It’s ok, if it wasn’t in The Times, the FT or a GCSE Business Studies textbook he won’t be counting it. Expansion: onwards!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hadn’t spotted the Plenish rebranding and you’re absolutely right they could be from the same company!

IMG_5814.png

• Wow
Interesting article in the Guardian…maybe not the best time to be expanding CEO Matthew?

This is another reason why it was a short-sighted business decision to completely dump the gluten free side of DE with the new range. It gave them a point of difference from other plant-based brands, and meant they didn’t just have all their eggs in one basket when veganism started to lose popularity. Plus, given celiac and gluten intolerance are life-long the gluten free market will never die!

A lot of DE’s original customer base followed for the gluten free recipes. Clearly Matt was so focussed on the profit margins though he missed the part of his textbooks where it spoke about actually making a product your customer wants/there’s a gap in the market for

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is another reason why it was a short-sighted business decision to completely dump the gluten free side of DE with the new range. It gave them a point of difference from other plant-based brands, and meant they didn’t just have all their eggs in one basket when veganism started to lose popularity. Plus, given celiac and gluten intolerance are life-long the gluten free market will never die!

A lot of DE’s original customer base followed for the gluten free recipes. Clearly Matt was so focussed on the profit margins though he missed the part of his textbooks where it spoke about actually making a product your customer wants/there’s a gap in the market for
Ella also quietly stopped eating gluten free and dodges questions about this before…

Reactions: 8
I had been getting confused with Plenish! I'd seen the packaging and thought that was Ella's stuff but was confused why it had a slightly different name. The name is similar, font is similar, colour scheme is similar and layout with image of the food is similar 😬 Plants doesn't stand out at all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.