Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a nutritionist called Amelia Freer that I’m quite fond of, however I’ve noticed her daughter has already cottoned onto what she’s missing out on, and for her 3rd birthday all she wanted in the world was to try an ice cream cone 🥺 to Amelia’s credit they went to get ice creams and the little one loved her birthday, but short of living in the wilderness and home schooling I’m not sure how any health influencers child will survive this all or nothing approach to food in mainstream society without developing some form of eating disorder
That’s really sad actually. Ice creams are part of childhood !

Reactions: 4
Look up Laura Thomas Nutrition, she has absolutely ripped Ella apart for this and how damaging it is ! I think she's the same person that did something similar with Joe wicks recently

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Imagine the death stares she was giving to the parents handing over the haribo.
It’s like she was actually expecting them to hand out DE snacks 🤣

So much for advocating for eating healthily. If it doesn’t bring in the money, or if it doesn’t concern her eating habits or that of her family, she’s not interested.

what she should be teaching her girls is everything with measure. You can eat sweeties, but not too many. I grew up in a household with no treats. Never a sweet, chocolate or biscuit. Set me up for a life of bingeing on sweet treats.
Think she’s just afraid that after the girls try a good bite of a snickers bar or a packet of haribos, they will never want to eat her desserts/DE snacks again 😂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...iciously-Ella-beautiful-successful-happy.html haven’t read it but you might find it interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Look up Laura Thomas Nutrition, she has absolutely ripped Ella apart for this and how damaging it is ! I think she's the same person that did something similar with Joe wicks recently
Checked out her stories, I was totally on board for the intuitive eating discussion but calling Ella a white supremacist is a tad much

Reactions: 8
Checked out her stories, I was totally on board for the intuitive eating discussion but calling Ella a white supremacist is a tad much
I haven’t seen the post but how exactly did she come to that conclusion from a post about sweets? 😂

Reactions: 5
I haven’t seen the post but how exactly did she come to that conclusion from a post about sweets? 😂
I think it's because she describes it as virtue signaling, classism anti fatness. It has been noted that obesity can be more common in minority groups which may be what she's alluding to in terms of white supremacy but I could be misinterpreting too.

I don't think Ella is a white supremacist but Laura made a good point about equitable health, community care and the wages of people who produce food while highlighting the nutritional value of what's in DE products.

Reactions: 9
I think it's because she describes it as virtue signaling, classism anti fatness. It has been noted that obesity can be more common in minority groups which may be what she's alluding to in terms of white supremacy but I could be misinterpreting too.

I don't think Ella is a white supremacist but Laura made a good point about equitable health, community care and the wages of people who produce food while highlighting the nutritional value of what's in DE products.
Agree, and if you read it she doesn't call Ella a white supremacist per se but the culture, narrative, and context around what Ella is talking about. There's a difference, and it relates to the issues that @ahstopcmeregway has noted.

It's just pearl clutching on behalf of DE without looking into or addressing any of the wider issues, and capitalising on wealthy, middle class anxieties which then further deepens inequalities.

Halloween is such a great time for children who might not have as many treats the rest of the year to stock up, especially in our current crisis! I can't believe she's so publicly turning her nose up at it all. 😳

Halloween is such a great time for children who might not have as many treats the rest of the year to stock up, especially in our current crisis! I can't believe she's so publicly turning her nose up at it all. 😳
I thought Laura had some great points which I 100% agree with but start is a little OTT for me.

Great call out on the amount of sugar DE bars contain.

If DE is so concerned about societal health what has she actually done?! Aside from producing a line of food which would likely be categorised as ultra processed, a range of cookbooks aimed at the middle class, a few talks and podcasts. It’s not exactly Jamie’s school dinners is it?!

The fact that she is allowed to post such things while selling sugar laiden snacks & cereal bars is a failure in regulation to me. You shouldn’t be allowed market snacks either directly or by implication as “healthy” when that isn’t the case. Posting that Halloween treats are poison while selling cereal bars implies there’s a difference whereas both a ultra processed sugar laiden foods.

Reactions: 12
I thought Laura had some great points which I 100% agree with but start is a little OTT for me.

If DE is so concerned about societal health what has she actually done?! Aside from producing a line of food which would likely be categorised as ultra processed, a range of cookbooks aimed at the middle class, a few talks and podcasts. It’s not exactly Jamie’s school dinners is it?!

The fact that she is allowed to post such things while selling sugar laiden snacks & cereal bars is a failure in regulation to me. You shouldn’t be allowed market snacks either directly or by implication as “healthy” when that isn’t the case. Posting that Halloween treats are poison while selling cereal bars implies there’s a difference whereas both a ultra processed sugar laiden foods.

Agreed on all points

Reactions: 1

Exactly, if she cared she would make a healthy cafe with accessible prices to encourage people to eat healthily

Reactions: 6
I would love to know which competitor yoghurt she’s showing next to her brand as I regularly eat plant based yoghurts and none have ever looked as lumpy as that 🤢

Reactions: 4
I would love to know which competitor yoghurt she’s showing next to her brand as I regularly eat plant based yoghurts and none have ever looked as lumpy as that 🤢
She used to use coconut yoghurt, coconut collaborative perhaps? I remember she used to add it to literally every dish 🤢 🤢 sometimes I can’t believe she is involved with food and recipes (lol jk she pays someone to do it and takes the credit no doubt)

Reactions: 1
We use alpro and it's never like that. Looks like it's gone off

Reactions: 2
I think it’s pretty low to be slating your competition. Not a nice way to do business
Also the way she does it and this new way of communicating about how certain things are full of crap, are non foods, full of sugar and how harmful they are… it’s turning into something very negative and unnecessarily over the top

Reactions: 9
The competitor yogurt looks like it had a tin foil lid, whilst hers is plastic. She can laugh all she wants at the lumpier yogurt, but her one will be more harmful to the environment. Her vibe and attitude is just unprofessional and smug.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.