Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe how much it’s upset me seeing her so slim. I truly hope she’s ok. Facking hate cancer 😔

Reactions: 12
I can’t believe how much it’s upset me seeing her so slim. I truly hope she’s ok. Facking hate cancer 😔
Yep cancer is awful I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago he passed away on a very busy admissions ward there wasn’t time to take him to a private room it was awful 😢
He was so brave every time I think about how brave he was it makes me cry he didn’t want us to worry 😢
He went down hill so quick which is what scares me the most about cancer 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Yep cancer is awful I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago he passed away on a very busy admissions ward there wasn’t time to take him to a private room it was awful 😢
He was so brave every time I think about how brave he was it makes me cry he didn’t want us to worry 😢
He went down hill so quick which is what scares me the most about cancer 😢
Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. What a legend he sounds, thoughts of his family first. Brave indeed 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am a recovering bowel cancer NHS patient. I really don't think Deborah Bowel babe is promoting a true reflection of living through cancer chemo etc. Firstly anyone who is not receiving private health care is given a time limit of receiving chemo, which is usually three years, radiotherapy surgery etc. But after three years you are offered very little only palliative care. Deborah's constant ops and ongoing chemo is paid for for example Avastin which can put the cancer to sleep is very expensive. Many people, reading her posts will think they can receive the, same treatment. And, as for all this prancing about after chemo she must be drugged up to the, eyeballs to even have the energy to get out of bed.! And don't, start me on her plugging all the freebies I think she has lost her way with regard to what she, started her blog about in the first place. I did follow her on Instagram. When I told her very politely that, she should state its only cause she has private health that she's getting this treatment she blocked me, say no more!!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I am a recovering bowel cancer NHS patient. I really don't think Deborah Bowel babe is promoting a true reflection of living through cancer chemo etc. Firstly anyone who is not receiving private health care is given a time limit of receiving chemo, which is usually three years, radiotherapy surgery etc. But after three years you are offered very little only palliative care. Deborah's constant ops and ongoing chemo is paid for for example Avastin which can put the cancer to sleep is very expensive. Many people, reading her posts will think they can receive the, same treatment. And, as for all this prancing about after chemo she must be drugged up to the, eyeballs to even have the energy to get out of bed.! And don't, start me on her plugging all the freebies I think she has lost her way with regard to what she, started her blog about in the first place. I did follow her on Instagram. When I told her very politely that, she should state its only cause she has private health that she's getting this treatment she blocked me, say no more!!!!
Sorry to hear what you have gone through. Totally agree with what you say. Its so sad that yet again you hear that even cancer treatment is not a fair playing field and the more money you have the better.

Reactions: 14
I had a friend, who was suffering initially bowel cancer which spread to his liver then lungs the, Avastin gave him an extra year, after going through the usual 3 yearly course of NHS treatments. He used a lot of his children's inheritance to get that extra 12 months. Deborah, yes is terminal stage 4 but does she have to use her cancer to promote and sell frivolous products. I don't blame her for trying to stay alive, she has children to think of, but all the prancing about makes a mockery out of her illness. Just tell it as it is and no one would think any less of her.,indeed she would have more followers.

Reactions: 11
I listened to the latest podcast episode that came out last week and it seems as though things are potentially much more serious than the short clips and her posts have made out. Very sad if that’s the case.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I do feel for her and her family. It must be quite serious as she never goes quiet for long. There’s always something to sell (sorry I couldn’t resist that last remark). I do hope she is ok though x

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I think maybe all the insta dances and the 'full on' stuff is just her way of coping. I would be the opposite.

I still don't like the ads but I guess I never do with influencers.

I hope she gets more time with her kids.

Reactions: 7
I've just listened to her latest podcast episode. It shines a different light on that story she put up on Instagram over Christmas.

I've just listened to her latest podcast episode. It shines a different light on that story she put up on Instagram over Christmas.
I thought the same. I listened to it last night.
Poor woman … in fairness she has always been so bubbly and positive but I didn’t feel that in the podcast. Must be just awful knowing options are coming to an end. I know she does an awful lot of dancing, promoting (tho to be fair she’s not the worst, it’s mainly Sweaty Betty), etc but whatever gets you through the days she’s had to endure and distracts you. Each to their own and everyone has their own way of dealing with stress.

Reactions: 16
Instagram shows a different story to most peoples real lives. I imagine with her health rapidly declining it was a horrific time but trying to keep a positive space online was probably how she felt to best cope with it. I have this feeling this silence might be bad and I’m really hoping I’m wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Just listened to it too and agree very different spin on Instagram. Watching closely for updates. It's very real.

It's so sad. I listened to the podcast the other day and
Me too, I’ve followed the podcast since the early days, when it was Rachael, Deborah and Lauren.
I have too and the most recent episode had a very different "feel" about it. Heart breaking and so many people going though this horrible, cruel disease. My mum died within 3 weeks of being diagnosed, over thirty years ago now but listening to that podcast brought it all back.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve only been following Deborah for a relatively short time. I chanced upon one of her posts on instagram at a time when I was desperately looking for some hope in relation to incurable cancer, because my Dad had just had a diagnosis (not the same type though)
I felt that here was someone who had beaten the odds and maybe he would do the same.
Sadly, for my lovely Dad it wasn’t to be and we lost him fairly soon after he was diagnosed.
But I’ve continued to follow Deborah and to root for her. It does seem, listening to that podcast, that she’s practically out of options, and that’s incredibly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.