Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to say I've never sided with the argument that she didn't need the money the ads brought in as she could afford private treatment. I always felt course that could be true, however I would do exactly the same if I could, do ads for money to buy treatment for extra time alive with young children. I'm sure she wanted to protect whatever inheritance or funds they had, its all relevant ,no matter what you earn you have a lifestyle that goes with your money and if she used that money to enhance her life in any then good for her. Consider influencers who are paid equally same amounts, they just buy bigger houses or holidays at least hers was going to the cause of extending her life.

Someone said above they knew someone who used a large chuck of tgeir children's inheritance for the same drugs as her so you can only guess the cost.

Possibly she just did the ads for fun, drive more people to her page and ultimately raise awareness of bowel cancer.

I think she grated a little of people's nerves with the dancing etc but no one can deny when it comes to it and their life is ending do you still wish she hadn't danced? I know I feel bad about those thoughts.
I think as well that it’s probably her husbands wealth. I know she was a successful and respected teacher but it’s not a profession you go into to make a fortune no matter how good you are.
She strikes me as very independent and I can imagine she wants her ‘own’ money. I’m not saying she should feel like that by the way!
I felt she was spending her Christmas making things -like the decorations- for her kids to have as memories.

Reactions: 7
This is the first time her instagram posts and stories have been silent for a week. I really hope she's okay.

• Heart
This is the first time her instagram posts and stories have been silent for a week. I really hope she's okay.
I got quite sad last night. Do you know what all the dancing and joyous posts were lovely to look at and they will always be there for her family and friends to see which is actually wonderful. ETA It feels a bit wrong to be discussing her really doesn’t it? Cancer is just so evil.

Reactions: 10
I got quite sad last night. Do you know what all the dancing and joyous posts were lovely to look at and they will always be there for her family and friends to see which is actually wonderful. ETA It feels a bit wrong to be discussing her really doesn’t it? Cancer is just so evil.
Yes, I've just got a really bad feeling about what's going on. Even when her liver was on its last legs and she had to have a stent she wasn't absent for this long - same with her two bouts of sepsis. I hope I'm wrong!

Reactions: 10
I hope she gives an update soon. Absoloutely no one wishes any suffering or pain on her. I hope she is just having some quality time with her family. X

• Heart
Nobody has ever wished her bad luck on here, nobody would wish cancer on anybody, but the things that have been commented on I think are fair.
Deborah has always had private health care ( good for her) but her treatments were different to people using the NHS, the constant dancing, pouting, ADs, didn’t sit right with a lot of people dealing with stage four cancer, something she has acknowledge she now feels watching others. we know she is living in a nightmare and she is a mum and it’s bloody horrible. I really hope, Like we all do she is taking time to recover.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I didn’t realise I could worry about someone I don’t know! I truly hope her and her family are OK x

• Sad
Anyone else keep checking Instagram to see if there's an update? She's never been this inactive of Instagram before. I'm hoping and praying she's finding other options which is why she is so quiet. I feel absolutely awful for her I really do. Keep hoping when she updates she'll have some positive news.

Anyone else keep checking Instagram to see if there's an update? She's never been this inactive of Instagram before. I'm hoping and praying she's finding other options which is why she is so quiet. I feel absolutely awful for her I really do. Keep hoping when she updates she'll have some positive news.
You can add a notification to her account so as soon as she posts you will get a notification from Instagram. Just go to her account and click on the bell icon.

Reactions: 4
Came here to see if anyone else had wondered where she had been. I just have a horrible sinking feeling about this absence.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I keep checking in on her too. I mean I guess it’s inevitable that there will be bad news eventually. I really hope she and her family are OK.

Reactions: 2
I might be over thinking, but it worries me that Lauren Mahon (podcast cohost)hasn’t posted anything today….she’s constant on social media. Hopefully nothing and I really hope everything is ok.
Never had anything to say on this thread but I feel quite invested in her story and I hope her silence is just because she is resting xx
Lauren is back posting now so that makes me think that nothing has happened.

Reactions: 2
There is a link in her bio to another bio called Rebuildme. There is only one post, from 3rd Jan which leads me to think she can’t be as sick as we are all fearing. Why would you be setting up a Facebook community if you were that sick? I think she is having a break rather than anything having happened

Reactions: 1
I’m on that Facebook group and she hasn’t commented or done anything on it for a while now- she may have been well starting it but it is strange she’s started and not continued to post. It’s so worrying xx

Reactions: 3
Given instagram is such a big part of her (and her families) life I'm kind of surprised a family member or close friend hasn't given an update on how she is doing. If her health has taken a turn for the worse then I'd understand this not being a priority but I'm not sure you can class Deborah's situation as being the same as other's in that position, I can't imagine there are a lot of people with cancer at this stage (especially with children) who would spend as much time on instagram (yes helping to promote bowel cancer) but also dancing, continuing with the ads and all the rest of it. If she has decided to take a step back and spend more time with her family, at home rather than gadding about at social events, then one simple post would be a nice thing to do. That she is sadly dying is no secret and I think I'd have more respect for her if she actually removed herself from social media now, she's done what she set out to do but surely there's a time when you want yours and your families life to be private

Reactions: 6
I had no idea this thread existed until yesterday, when I was searching anywhere and everywhere for any updates on how Deborah is. It doesn’t feel very likely to me that she would choose to stay silent online for this long, especially given how the worried insta comments have been accumulating over the last couple of days. I really hope that whatever’s going on she’s comfortable and feeling the love of her family.

Reactions: 8
I keep thinking back to Rachael Bland and the goodbye post she did two days before she died. I’m not sure if Deborah would do similar if it is bad news. Also a possibility is that she has always had gone to The Sun with big announcements so I do wonder if any news (from her or her family) will come from there rather than Instagram initially. Hoping she is ok and just taking a break to be with her family.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.