Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m totally hooked on this, sad it’s only on four weeks.

On its own it’s a nice gesture in the modern times of GFM to set one up for Brad but if it starts to be done for more folk then where does it end? People don’t apply for (potential) big money prizes for no reason

Reactions: 3

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
That was her mum's fault 🤣
She wasn't going to deal at £9500 until her mum convinced her she said from the start she had a feeling she had a big number
It was a very good board at that stage , she dealt far too early - there was definitely another round in it ( more as it turned out) but she was talked out of it- she let herself be talked out of it- I’d say the journey home was interesting🤣 oh the pain of having 100k in the box🤭

Carefree

VIP Member
Nah, mate, sorry but this time of year is always expensive and it's veered off into unseemly and almost callous at this point.

Last edited:

Spanor511

VIP Member
It was £12.6k and he even said that amount was life changing as his partner didn't earn that much in a year. And still he turned it down.
Poor soul having MND, a horrible illness, but he was silly.
Yes agreed and they can’t have that narrative running the show. A lot of the contestants have some ‘emotional’ reason why they’re on the show and trying to win money. A go fund me can’t be set up for Karen who needs an extension for her grandson. Or Mike who’s family of 6 have never seen their dying gran in New Zealand.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
That was her mum's fault 🤣
She wasn't going to deal at £9500 until her mum convinced her she said from the start she had a feeling she had a big number

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Does anyone know if they survived this as a couple?
The lad seems incredibly familiar somehow and not just from this. I'm sure I've seen him since.
I can't imagine they lasted. She'd never be able to shut up about it 😂

The thing is although she had the £250k, when they've dealt early I never believe they would play on as if they hadn't dealt. I think they would chose the boxes they would have avoided. So it is doubtful she would be in the scenario of being left with the two biggest numbers. It would still be more than she ended up with though probably.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Spanor511

VIP Member
Still, she took it well 😬

Fun fact (that everyone probably knows), there have been a few Executive Producers including Richard Osman and randomly, the guy who played Fiona’s Policeman boyfriend in Coronation Street (Glen Huggill). Don’t say I don’t tell you anything interesting now!

View attachment 2614221
Oh I liked his character in Corrie

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
So will that be all new contestants?
If so frustrating to be on the programme and never picked.
Oh no it’s probably one of those things I’ve made up in my head because I can’t find the article 😩. I’ve found a couple where there’s speculation that it’ll come back.

I think because this seems to be classed as a series, it’ll be new contestants. Maybe they’re testing the water and then coming back with a longer one. I was trying to screenshot one article that had social media comments saying it’s unfair that some ‘replacement’ contestants got through before folk from the beginning