Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh I’ve found the perfect thread 🙌🏼
I’ve got a good story. It’s a long one so bear with me…

So in January a guy who had been following me on insta for about a year and lives locally hit me up in the DM’s and asked me on a date. Fully fed up with lockdown life by this point and him being a beautiful specimen of a man, I said yes. Except we’re in lockdown so we can’t go anywhere except stay in the house so he comes to mine. We drink red wine, we watch tv, we drink more wine and we have sex. The man is hung like a horse and fire in bed; couldn’t believe my luck. Later on he shows me something on his phone and a message pops up at the same time from a girl. She’s got a double barrelled name and she happens to be best mates with my neighbour so I know who she is. He says they’ve been mates for years, I think nothing much more of it.

We end up speaking every day and seeing each other about twice a week for the next 6 weeks. During this time he keeps talking about how desperate he is to be a dad. I’ve already told him at this point how much I struggled when my daughter was a baby so I was in the ‘never say never but certainly not going out of my way to try’ camp. I tell him to chill and just enjoy it for what it is.

The following week my period is late and I tit a brick because his communication has started to slow down and I haven’t seen him for a week. Period arrives (phew!) and I try to arrange a catch up for the following weekend. I get no response. I wait a few days and nothing. I have no interest in mind games so I send him a message wishing him well. He apologises, says his head has been in the shed but we agree to go our separate ways because he can’t get past the fact I don’t want more kids (not quite what I told him but hey ho).

A few days later I log onto Facebook only to see a post from him announcing he is having a baby with miss double-barrel! Scan photo and everything. 3 months pregnant 😳

I then found out recently through a friend that he was also seeing someone else at the same time who he also went quiet on then found out about the baby on Facebook. I don’t know how he found the time!
Omg! Poor you and his poor girlfriend.

Reactions: 3
View attachment 569675
This was a first message... I’m glad he is as interested in knowing me as he is in himself.
POF is really not good is it?
If he’s any taller than 5’7”, I’ll eat my hat! He’s clearly lying by making a big thing about it!

Oooh I’ve found the perfect thread 🙌🏼
I’ve got a good story. It’s a long one so bear with me…

So in January a guy who had been following me on insta for about a year and lives locally hit me up in the DM’s and asked me on a date. Fully fed up with lockdown life by this point and him being a beautiful specimen of a man, I said yes. Except we’re in lockdown so we can’t go anywhere except stay in the house so he comes to mine. We drink red wine, we watch tv, we drink more wine and we have sex. The man is hung like a horse and fire in bed; couldn’t believe my luck. Later on he shows me something on his phone and a message pops up at the same time from a girl. She’s got a double barrelled name and she happens to be best mates with my neighbour so I know who she is. He says they’ve been mates for years, I think nothing much more of it.

We end up speaking every day and seeing each other about twice a week for the next 6 weeks. During this time he keeps talking about how desperate he is to be a dad. I’ve already told him at this point how much I struggled when my daughter was a baby so I was in the ‘never say never but certainly not going out of my way to try’ camp. I tell him to chill and just enjoy it for what it is.

The following week my period is late and I tit a brick because his communication has started to slow down and I haven’t seen him for a week. Period arrives (phew!) and I try to arrange a catch up for the following weekend. I get no response. I wait a few days and nothing. I have no interest in mind games so I send him a message wishing him well. He apologises, says his head has been in the shed but we agree to go our separate ways because he can’t get past the fact I don’t want more kids (not quite what I told him but hey ho).

A few days later I log onto Facebook only to see a post from him announcing he is having a baby with miss double-barrel! Scan photo and everything. 3 months pregnant 😳

I then found out recently through a friend that he was also seeing someone else at the same time who he also went quiet on then found out about the baby on Facebook. I don’t know how he found the time!
It sounds like he’s being spreading his seed to try and become a dad - which is just mental! Lucky escape there!!

Reactions: 9
I swear a huge proportion of men seem to have nothing more interesting to talk about than food and travel...like yes, most humans also like these things, *Chandler voice* could you BE any more generic

Reactions: 4
Omg! Poor you and his poor girlfriend.
It was a moral dilemma for me as I didn’t know whether to say anything to her. When I looked at his profile they made themselves officially in a relationship the day before the pregnancy announcement so at the time I kind of justified to myself that maybe he had slept with her just before me and then found out afterwards that she was pregnant.

But it was only when I found out about the other girl that I realised he was definitely just shagging all 3 of us. By that point his girlfriend was about 20+ weeks along and I thought what good would it do telling her. My only positive thinking is he stopped things with me and the other girl as soon as he obviously found out about the baby so hopefully he doesn’t mess her around.

Reactions: 1
Every man in his 20s on hinge in central london is such a ‘rowing, wine, skiing, here are 5 pictures from my gap year to Thailand or South Africa’ and they’re gorgeous men but i’m far too rough for them 😂 where are the normal blokes

• Haha
Reactions: 13
god yeah the travelling thing really irks me, like we all like a holiday lets not dress it up as a personality trait 😂 :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
ok so I’m supposed to have a date tomorrow we locked in place and day but we didn’t set time I haven’t heard from this Man since Friday either 👀

I’ve just read my texts and I realised I said
i’d confirm time as I’m working but I sent a text last replying and I can’t text first 😬😆

In the same breathe I also kinda cba as I want to go shopping and buy new make up I’m almost all out now and some a few new clothes items after work tomorrow instead ready for girls day this weekend 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
ok so I’m supposed to have a date tomorrow we locked in place and day but we didn’t set time I haven’t heard from this Man since Friday either 👀

i’d confirm time as I’m working but I sent a text last replying and I can’t text first 😬😆

In the same breathe I also kinda cba as I want to go shopping and buy new make up I’m almost all out now and some a few new clothes items after work tomorrow instead ready for girls day this weekend 😅

No text since Friday.. I wouldn’t be texting either unless the last thing you said was about confirming the time?

Reactions: 2

I don’t believe in the whole can’t ever double text. If you want to see him then text.

Reactions: 6
I downloaded Tinder and deleted it within 2 days. I’m 41 and my tolerance levels for dickheads are in the bin. I’m flirting with my bus driver 😂
Bus driver and I have been texting all day (long story of how he got my number) he thought I was 29 (think he’s just being kind) but he’s only 26.

Considering just using him as a sex slave. Thoughts? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Right I spent years of online dating and you need thick skin and a sick bucket most of the time.

However I had a break, readjusted my thinking, how I approached dating and really thought about what I wanted in a healthy relationship. In my time away I made myself high value and basically thought of myself as a bleeping queen.
I then went on tinder and met my husband....yep tinder 😂 I realised calling all the shots works.
Men like women in control who know what they want.

You can totally double text.
Don't give the man agency.
You make the call.
Who gives a tit
If he's upset and put off by you asking and taking control then sod him....next.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The lads I talk to send pictures, but not of their face 😏, don't get me wrong I love non-face pics too. I just sometimes feel curious to see what they look like.
Do you mean you've never seen their face? Like they don't have any face pics on their dating profile?

Bus driver and I have been texting all day (long story of how he got my number) he thought I was 29 (think he’s just being kind) but he’s only 26.

Considering just using him as a sex slave. Thoughts? 😂
If he's down for it, why the hell not? I'm sure he would be willing and wouldn't quite need enslaving (unless he's in to that of course).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No, I wouldn't ever chat to someone without pics tbh.
No me neither! I was suspicious enough about one guy I was chatting to for a while. He had 2 photos on the app and when we swapped numbers and it came to sending photos he'd send the same 2 photos or ones chopped off at the neck. And zero social media presence, or so he said. I actually really liked him but I could never trust he was who he said he was.

Reactions: 5
It was a moral dilemma for me as I didn’t know whether to say anything to her. When I looked at his profile they made themselves officially in a relationship the day before the pregnancy announcement so at the time I kind of justified to myself that maybe he had slept with her just before me and then found out afterwards that she was pregnant.

But it was only when I found out about the other girl that I realised he was definitely just shagging all 3 of us. By that point his girlfriend was about 20+ weeks along and I thought what good would it do telling her. My only positive thinking is he stopped things with me and the other girl as soon as he obviously found out about the baby so hopefully he doesn’t mess her around.
Bloody hell. How the duck could he do that? And to find the time...surely he knew she was pregnant before sleeping with you? And like if you guys were texting n that then he must have been texting you and her whole spending time with you both! I wonder if he was actually desperate to be a dad or just said that because he knew she was pregnant and that you'll obviously find out. It's just so odd.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.