Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's public groups on KIK where I meet people, you don't need any pictures at all to join KIK. :)
Ooooo you learn something new everyday! I suppose it depends what you want out of it, although people wanting to be discreet scream ‘I’m married’ to me I can’t lie

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It wasn’t no @LaurieLaurie he made a joke about being in the gym and needing to lose his 3 stone lockdown weight before he met me and what was I up to. I had been with that other guy so just said I went on a ramble did my 10k 😂

I’m about to have that time of the month, and I cba to deal with anyone lol which also might be why I deleted almost every guys numbers in my phone book at 1am Sunday morning after being out 🤦🏾‍♀️😂 so there’s no name next to any text

Just got a text from a guy (different one) to say “you’re a hottie but I don’t want to waste your time tho” aka my brain says this means he’s not interested? I can’t even be arsed to open it cause wtf do I reply.

all I can say today from everyone’s posts aswell today. Men are 1000% weird

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes, no face pics and ignore when I ask what their face looks like. some just say they need to be discreet.
Big red flags

I never give anyone a chance who doesn't have a picture of their face

Ooooo you learn something new everyday! I suppose it depends what you want out of it, although people wanting to be discrete scream ‘I’m married’ to me I can’t lie
Or like this charmer

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It wasn’t no @LaurieLaurie he made a joke about being in the gym and needing to lose his 3 stone lockdown weight before he met me and what was I up to. I had been with that other guy so just said I went on a ramble did my 10k 😂

I’m about to have that time of the month, and I cba to deal with anyone lol which also might be why I deleted almost every guys numbers in my phone book at 1am Sunday morning after being out 🤦🏾‍♀️😂 so there’s no name next to any text

Just got a text from a guy (different one) to say “you’re a hottie but I don’t want to waste your time tho” aka my brain says this means he’s not interested? I can’t even be arsed to open it cause wtf do I reply.

all I can say today from everyone’s posts aswell today. Men are 1000% weird
Maybe he’s still in the gym 😛 I go on deleting sprees just like this 😂

• Haha
i met my bf on tinder and he only had two photos where you could barely even make out his face tbh, no linked social media - i remember thinking this is really suss - but yeah turned out pretty well we've been together a year now, kinda glad he was clueless about making a good profile or someone better than me would have snapped him up im sure 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Bus driver and I have been texting all day (long story of how he got my number) he thought I was 29 (think he’s just being kind) but he’s only 26.

Considering just using him as a sex slave. Thoughts? 😂
Ooh, interested in this as I've been chatting to a Tinder toyboy since last July 😆 He's never been overtly sexual at all and the times he has tried to flirt have been so dreadful that I've steered him in an entirely different direction and weve had some nice, friendly chats.

Think we will definitely have to meet at some point soon, though 🤪

What do you all think of places for a first date?

So, I'm going on one next Thursday - my first date since 2019 maybe (the last person doesn't count as it was in lockdown and we were at each others houses and it was meant to be friendship) and that date was in a Starbucks, after work for an hour. But I find it really intense sitting across from each other, struggling with eye contact and maintaining conversation that flows for that long. It worked out well as we were together for a long time, but I don't want to do that again.

This time around I wanted to do an activity, so we've planned to go to one of those places where you can play golf, have a cocktail and eat food after so lots of time to talk, laugh at each others terrible golf skills and take lots of random pictures (not together obviously, I'm not a psycho and I have no ex to make jealous!) and sit and eat too. Has anyone done this sort of thing for a first date and has it gone well? We talk all the time and she's lovely towards me, really keen and I'm about 95% sure it's going to translate into real life. I just don't know if I should change it and go to a pub or something instead!

Reactions: 2

So, I'm going on one next Thursday - my first date since 2019 maybe (the last person doesn't count as it was in lockdown and we were at each others houses and it was meant to be friendship) and that date was in a Starbucks, after work for an hour. But I find it really intense sitting across from each other, struggling with eye contact and maintaining conversation that flows for that long. It worked out well as we were together for a long time, but I don't want to do that again.

This time around I wanted to do an activity, so we've planned to go to one of those places where you can play golf, have a cocktail and eat food after so lots of time to talk, laugh at each others terrible golf skills and take lots of random pictures (not together obviously, I'm not a psycho and I have no ex to make jealous!) and sit and eat too. Has anyone done this sort of thing for a first date and has it gone well? We talk all the time and she's lovely towards me, really keen and I'm about 95% sure it's going to translate into real life. I just don't know if I should change it and go to a pub or something instead!
I’ve been to Ghetto Golf on a first date and it was fun. So much more of an ice breaker than being sat in a pub.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been to Ghetto Golf on a first date and it was fun. So much more of an ice breaker than being sat in a pub.
That is the exact place I’m going! The only other time I’ve been was for my leaving party at my last job, so I’m hoping this time it’s just as fun!

Reactions: 1

I tend to just do drink/coffee dates for a first meet. If there is chemistry and we fancy each other then it will be a great date regardless. The thought of doing activities with someone when there is no chemistry or attraction holds zero charm for me. At least when it's just a drink I can cut it short if needs be.

But I know many people love doing activity dates for a first date, so it just depends on what you prefer.

Reactions: 8
Honestly I wonder half the time why I want a boyfriend so much. I know that men ain't tit, are groomed by the patriarchy, treat women badly etc but I am just so desperate (and not showing it to men obviously) for someone to care about me like that because I've never had it before. Is it really all worth it in the end?!
I think I've been brainwashed by the way romance is on social media. It's so hard to unravel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I tend to just do drink/coffee dates for a first meet. If there is chemistry and we fancy each other then it will be a great date regardless. The thought of doing activities with someone when there is no chemistry or attraction holds zero charm for me. At least when it's just a drink I can cut it short if needs be.

But I know many people love doing activity dates for a first date, so it just depends on what you prefer.
I'm with you. I don't like to plan activities for the first date, as I dread the idea that I will not like the person and I'm stuck for 1/2 hours pretending to be enjoying myself 😅
For me, I always go to the pub down my road for a drink (very convenient for myself, I know). If the date is going badly, I can just bail after the first drink. If it's going well, I can have more than one drink and also walk home, so don't have to worry about driving 😂 then second date is where I'd be a bit more open and adventurous as second date means I enjoyed their company enough to see them again!

Reactions: 2
I’ve never been on a date where I’ve wanted to do a runner after 1 drink 😂 how do you make your excuses?
I did it once. The guy offered me a second drink and I was honest with him and said I wasn't feeling the connection and wanted to go home. Poor guy - he was ok about it!

I’ve never been on a date where I’ve wanted to do a runner after 1 drink 😂 how do you make your excuses?
Honestly, I can't give you proper advice. I usually make up some lame excuse such as I have something I need to do 😩 but because I am not interested in this person, I don't really feel that bad about it, I just feel awkward. I just can't make myself sit through a date if it's honestly not going well.

A guy (friend from uni - this was years ago) took me to Winter Wonderland for a date and it was going so badly (he did not talk, at all, I was so exhausted of his silence and bored of hearing my own voice trying to start up a conversation, he did not want to do anything, just walk around in silence), I excused myself by saying I had to go home to feed my cat... I got on the train home and received a message straight away saying "I'm sorry this date didn't go well.." so he knew I was just doing a runner 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i think ive always been too polite to 😂 apart from one time where this guy was driving me to the station after the dinner date, wasnt a dreadful date but definitely wasn't keen on seeing him again, and basically he started on an islamaphobic rant so i got out of the car mid sentence was so done with it like what a dick 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.