Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This happens to me quite a lot too. I only have Instagram but very rarely post on it and when I do, it’s usually a picture of my dog 🤣 The few followers I do have all know me personally either as friends, family or work colleagues, so to them, it’s not weird. But I have had a few matches either stop speaking to me altogether or suddenly become very frosty after they’ve added me on Insta and seen that there’s not much to find on there in terms of selfies and whatnot.

In a way, I get it. As someone else said, they probably want to check you’re not a catfish and I can completely understand that. I did think about posting a few photos of me on there but then I think, it’s my social media page, not an extension of my dating profile so why should I? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do think nowadays, we are so used to people sharing every detail of their lives on social media, it does seem strange when you encounter someone who doesn’t. I’d be interested to hear others’ experiences of this 👀
Yeah, I'm happy to chat on whatsapp and/or just text and send them more photos to prove I am not a catfish haha. Yeah, it's strange most guys just tend to be curious about it though and are like 'wow that's so brave' (I don't really think it's that deep but lol).

Reactions: 2
I deleted my Instagram for a while and when I was on tinder I found that people asked for it. I ended up reactivating my account but just not actually using it. I guess if I was speaking to someone I’d like to see a bit more than their dating profile but I agree it can be annoying.

I was the same as you when on dating apps and every guy took it that I was a catfish 😂. Their loss at the end of the day if they didn’t want to stick around to see I was actually real!
Haha yes I always feel like I have to be all like 'I swear I'm not a catfish!!' One guy I spoke to recently was like 'you're super cute but you no Insta? Explain!' I am aware it's probably a bit unusual for my age range (24) but I think I've missed the boat on it and social media stresses me out a lot. That's really harsh of them to just completely dismiss you as some sort of catfish, ugh.

Oh girls I’ve just started reading this thread and I’ve laughed and laughed so much honestly! Bloody online dating 😂🤦‍♀️ Thanks for the giggles I’ve had zero luck in online dating the profiles are just hilarious what is wrong with males these days! I only said hello to someone and he asked for a date before he said hello back ‘socially distanced coffee walk then back to mine to warm up!’ DELETE

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh girls I’ve just started reading this thread and I’ve laughed and laughed so much honestly! Bloody online dating 😂🤦‍♀️ Thanks for the giggles I’ve had zero luck in online dating the profiles are just hilarious what is wrong with males these days! I only said hello to someone and he asked for a date before he said hello back ‘socially distanced coffee walk then back to mine to warm up!’ DELETE
Also that makes no sense! What's the point of a socially distanced coffee walk if you're going back to his to warm up?? You might as well just not distance on the coffee walk if you're going to be going into his house :rolleyes:

• Haha
Would also throw 'baggage reclaim' by natalie lue into the ring as well. Harsh but firm assessment of flakey/shady behaviour and red flags. I found myself nodding along to most of it and cringing at some of the behaviour i've accepted in the past. Never again! Read and re-read.
Baggage Reclaim was honestly a lifeline for me a few years ago when I was dating whilst at uni lol - Post Male Syndrome is also a really good blog that I would recommend!

I’ve been feeling lonely over Christmas but reading this thread has solidified how much I DON’T want to date a man for a long long time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Stay safe out there, I think for me personally I will only turn to online dating if I really don't get anywhere with people at work, friendship groups etc in the future. After my friends experience of matching with this lovely, friendly 20 something guy and then turning up at the train station for it to be a 70 year old man and her basically running away (not joking) I'd always make sure you know who it is you're talking to :LOL: I always said she should've video called him first, the photos always looked fishy to me, like theyd been screenshotted and cropped!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm always super sus if a guy looks too hot and we match, it always seems too good to be true. I do a lot of reverse image searching!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.