Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You really have to wade through crap to get someone decent to talk to. Then wade through crap to meet someone decent. Then wade through crap to date a few times. It's so so hard. I used to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I'm really brutal now and will unmatch and delete if anyone says anything mildly inappropriate.

Apps must work right? I here success stories all the time but perhaps it's a myth and these stories are made up to keep you on the apps!
I was the same! I always said to myself oh maybe he’s busy, maybe we can have a date another time, maybe he said something weird but didn’t mean it like that. After a while you realise most men are idiots 😂 last year I had a 32 year old man start the convo with ‘fancy coming over to give me a blow job’ .. I declined

I refuse to go on tinder as I’ve been told it’s the dregs on there 😂😂 deffo feel like they’re a bit more genuine on bumble.
It makes me feel like they looked at my first photo, swiped me, then when we matched, they’ve looked through my other photos and thought, eww, and then unmatch me 😔
I like the men on bumble more than tinder but I find that a lot of matches just expired because they don’t reply quick enough

Reactions: 4
Hinge etiquette: if they like your photo, you match with them, do you wait for them to start up the convo? I never “like” anyone on hinge, I wait for men to like me, then I decide if I want to match with them or not and let them take the lead most of the time!!

Reactions: 1
Hinge etiquette: if they like your photo, you match with them, do you wait for them to start up the convo? I never “like” anyone on hinge, I wait for men to like me, then I decide if I want to match with them or not and let them take the lead most of the time!!
I usually wait for them to start up the convo. So if they like me, I will match and then wait for them to message. If they don't within 24 hours, I delete (told you I'm being harsh!).

I do occasionally start the conversation up though if I see something I really like on their profile and don't want them to get away so to speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I usually wait for them to start up the convo. So if they like me, I will match and then wait for them to message. If they don't within 24 hours, I delete (told you I'm being harsh!).

I do occasionally start the conversation up though if I see something I really like on their profile and don't want them to get away so to speak.
Harsh, but I like it!! I’ve put my hinge account back to public and I had 2 matches from before Xmas and neither of them had messaged me, so i deleted the match.

Just redownloaded hinge to give it ago didn't realise I've not been on there since november and had some awful messages 🤢

I also prefer Tinder because the men can send the first message, but I found on Hinge they would just 'like' me then not say anything, which just felt a bit lazy. On Bumble I felt sometimes like they weren't that interested because of lacklustre responses when I would make an effort with the first message. It's so hard to find a happy medium.

Reactions: 2
I was talking to someone non stop on badoo and exchanged numbers i know alot about his background as i recognised him straight away and now he just vanished messed with my head definitely wont be hearing from him i don't think! I'm actually gutted 😢

Just quoting myself ive only just realised but he whats app me this morning!

Omg the chinchilla pic has me creased 😭😂 I’d have to be like ‘you’ve got a lot of movement and body in your hair’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Stay safe out there, I think for me personally I will only turn to online dating if I really don't get anywhere with people at work, friendship groups etc in the future. After my friends experience of matching with this lovely, friendly 20 something guy and then turning up at the train station for it to be a 70 year old man and her basically running away (not joking) I'd always make sure you know who it is you're talking to :LOL: I always said she should've video called him first, the photos always looked fishy to me, like theyd been screenshotted and cropped!
I got somewhere with someone at work.. I fell pregnant, we now don't speak at all but still work together. Nobody at work knows he's my child's father either. Bit awkward sometimes so I'd recommend not dating a colleague 😅.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I got somewhere with someone at work.. I fell pregnant, we now don't speak at all but still work together. Nobody at work knows he's my child's father either. Bit awkward sometimes so I'd recommend not dating a colleague 😅.
😮😂 so what if someone new joins the workplace and ask him if he has any kids?! What does he say?! This has fascinated me!! How have you kept it a secret!?!!

Ok, I don’t know if I’m being paranoid, but I was chatting with a guy on bumble and I sent the last message on 13th. I’ll admit, I probably killed the conversation and didn’t give him to reply back to. Last night I went on his profile for another nosey and then not long after he sent me a message. Coincidence or has he paid for the extras you can get on bumble and it’s told him I’ve been looking at his profile?!! 🙀😖😣😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.