Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I usually screenshot the images on the app, then upload them here - https://tineye.com/ and it will show you if they're on a website somewhere. I don't think it includes Instagram which is disappointing. Anything that looks like a bad quality screenshot which they've stolen off some poor guy always rings my alarm bells!
Thank you!! I’ve just tired it on a photo I screenshot from a bumble profile 😂it said it was unique but I’m still not sure 🤔 surely If you’re that hot, you’d verify yourself lol.

Reactions: 1
I was talking to a guy from tinder a while back (pre pandemic) and we discussed meeting up. When it came to the day we were actually supposed to meet I messaged him and he then told me he wasn’t the person in his photos. See message below. Well he did get a response and I said wtf you playing at you weirdo. He still didn’t think he had done anything wrong and was like I won’t apologise for helping my friend, which was clearly bullshit too. He ended up calling me a fatty which is hilarious because I’m actually underweight 😂

FC78B7C1-0EAC-4255-A10B-01AE72FD4796.jpeg

I honestly didn’t question his authenticity until then, he had a linked Instagram account on his tinder which I’d looked at and we were speaking on WhatsApp and Snapchat. Turns out he was just a 40 year old virgin living with his mum more than likely 😂 or worse a crazy serial killer 😬 I am at least thankful he told me before I met him.

The story doesn’t end there. I saw the same guy on tinder again but a different name so I thought well maybe this is the real person and I should tell them someone else is using their photos and posing as them. We got talking but turns out he was also a catfish 😂😂😂 He sent me the exact same photo the previous guy had sent me. I said to him I’ve seen that photo before and he said well I don’t know how I’ve just taken it, like I was born yesterday. Hopefully he might realise he’s not very good at being a catfish and not do this to other women but I doubt it. Absolute weirdo, what is wrong with these men! They also always unmatch on tinder first when they know they’ve been discovered so you can’t report their profile. I’m extra cautious now and would agree with previous comments about video calling before meeting.

I had high hopes for this year but I’ve already been disappointed by a man before the 1st day of the year had even finished, not shocked just disappointed 😂 Starting to think there are actually no nice, genuine men out there 😫

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I matched with someone 5 years younger than me (🙈) but didn’t really intend on messaging him. He extended the match on nye, so I thought I’d give him a chance and message him yesterday saying happy new year. He replied late last night saying “happy new year trouble 😘” and I got the instant ick. You’re 5 years younger than me, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I matched with someone 5 years younger than me (🙈) but didn’t really intend on messaging him. He extended the match on nye, so I thought I’d give him a chance and message him yesterday saying happy new year. He replied late last night saying “happy new year trouble 😘” and I got the instant ick. You’re 5 years younger than me, mate.
I’ve discovered it doesn’t really matter how old they are, mostly all dicks 😂 I met someone 7 years younger than me at the beginning of last year, they were so lovely and mature for their age and then I meet guys my age and they act like children 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Another one bites the dust. Seeing a guy for two months. He pursued me (I was introduced to him), messaging daily, saw him loads etc etc. At Christmas he went quiet, leading to me questioning what he wants and he tells me he doesn’t want anything serious so I ended it. Same story over and over for me. Third time in the space of a year! This is men in their mid to late 30s too.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Another one bites the dust. Seeing a guy for two months. He pursued me (I was introduced to him), messaging daily, saw him loads etc etc. At Christmas he went quiet, leading to me questioning what he wants and he tells me he doesn’t want anything serious so I ended it. Same story over and over for me. Third time in the space of a year! This is men in their mid to late 30s too.
😐 that would really infuriate me since he was the one doing the pursuing.

Reactions: 4
When do these men in their mid-30s expect to settle down, especially if they want kids?! They are absolutely delusional

As for men catfishing, I know a lot of them do it so they can 'see how the other half live' ie. how many matches they'd get if they were actually attractive. It just seems like a pointless exercise to me, like you know what's going to happen (you'll get loads of matches) but all it does is make them more bitter 🙄 Men on dating apps are their own worst enemy sometimes

Reactions: 9
Ohhh no I’m scared after reading this thread!! My boyfriend of 4 and a half years just broke up with my three days before Xmas and obv not looking at dating anybody any time soon but apart from him I have never been on a date 😂 not looking forward to this lol

• Heart
Why are some men also so cowardly? Saying I’d love to see you, actions not matching that, given lots of opportunities to say he doesn’t want to see me again which is absolutely fine if he doesn’t. He’s still saying he wants to see me but I’m not getting that vibe at all. I hate my time being wasted. I thought he was nice too 😅

Reactions: 8
Ohhh no I’m scared after reading this thread!! My boyfriend of 4 and a half years just broke up with my three days before Xmas and obv not looking at dating anybody any time soon but apart from him I have never been on a date 😂 not looking forward to this lol
Don’t be scared! I’m in the same position (dumped after 4 years) & although its been tough, I’m really enjoying single life. Covid makes it easier in a way as I’m not forced to be around a bunch of people 😂 I don’t think I’ll be dating for a long time because I want to spend time focusing on myself. But yeah, I’m not looking forward to potentially dating in the future! My view of men is really jaded 😂

Reactions: 2
Ah so relatable! Getting back on the apps after a long term relationship can feel so demoralising, especially where we are now with covid.

Worst one so far - this guy compliments my appearance and says I look like someone he knows. A bit of digging, it’s a ‘relation’. Some more pestering to find out it’s his bloody (half) SISTER. I wish I screenshot the conversation before he blocked me - he couldn’t see how weird it was.. no I won’t be your stand in for the little incest fantasy you clearly have going on! 😆🤢

(Can’t blame him - POF is a cesspit but find the men on Bumble et al often boringly obnoxious)

• Haha
  • Wow
Don’t be scared! I’m in the same position (dumped after 4 years) & although its been tough, I’m really enjoying single life. Covid makes it easier in a way as I’m not forced to be around a bunch of people 😂 I don’t think I’ll be dating for a long time because I want to spend time focusing on myself. But yeah, I’m not looking forward to potentially dating in the future! My view of men is really jaded 😂
Thank you!! Yeah well I think COVID will make it easier as I can keep to myself for a bit longer and focus on myself! But yeah feel the same about dating, especially cause I’ve never really done it

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.