Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only use Hinge so I can’t speak for other apps, but you are warned as you enter your age that you won’t be able to go back and change it later. Which means at some point in time, they decided to disregard that and enter a fake age anyway 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
This isn't really related to dating apps but has anyone else seen an uptick in exes getting in touch during lockdown lmao? Two guys I dated like 4 years ago at university have contacted me out of the blue...feel kinda ambivalent about it. Lockdown boredom is clearly hitting different for men...Told myself I wouldn't get involved or message back but been chatting to one of them. I feel a bit conflcited and sort of frustrated with myself tbh because I feel like I've just given into lockdown boredom and I'm like "do I really need this guy in my life?". We live like 500 miles apart though so it's not like it's gonna develop into anything.

Reactions: 6
"aren't boring" ????

WHO WANTS SOMEONE WHO IS BORING?! SURELY IT'S A bleeping GIVEN THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE BORING YOU ACTUAL ASSWIPE!

Seriously why would you even write that! I was considering getting back on the dating apps but you know what... I'm good
Whenever I see this type of comment, I'm more inclined to wonder what their definition of boring actually is. I bet any woman who refuses to indulge his requests are deemed as boring.

Reactions: 10
I could honestly create a book from all my screenshots of hilarious/awful dating profiles. I have so many of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Make an Instagram for it! I follow loads of sort of similar pages that post funny screenshots of tinder etc. They just don’t out who the person is and it’s funny!

Reactions: 3
Guys, is it considered a red flag if you don't really use social media/keep a low profile on it? It seems like every guy who I get chatting to on Tinder etc asks for my Insta...which I don't have and never have. I used to have snapchat but got rid of it a few years ago and whilst I have Facebook, I mainly only use it for messenger and haven't updated it in a few years. I'm 24 btw - I just found that social media increasingly made me feel worse about myself so I don't really use it much anymore lmao.

Guys, is it considered a red flag if you don't really use social media/keep a low profile on it? It seems like every guy who I get chatting to on Tinder etc asks for my Insta...which I don't have and never have. I used to have snapchat but got rid of it a few years ago and whilst I have Facebook, I mainly only use it for messenger and haven't updated it in a few years. I'm 24 btw - I just found that social media increasingly made me feel worse about myself so I don't really use it much anymore lmao.
I was the same as you when on dating apps and every guy took it that I was a catfish 😂. Their loss at the end of the day if they didn’t want to stick around to see I was actually real!

• Heart
If it helps I'm the exact same. Don't have Facebook or snapchat. I have insta but I never use it. I don't think it's red flag, they probably just want to look at your profile for more pictures. Also some guys ask for it to talk on there instead of tinder as it's more personal than a dating app but not as personal as asking for your number.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This happens to me quite a lot too. I only have Instagram but very rarely post on it and when I do, it’s usually a picture of my dog 🤣 The few followers I do have all know me personally either as friends, family or work colleagues, so to them, it’s not weird. But I have had a few matches either stop speaking to me altogether or suddenly become very frosty after they’ve added me on Insta and seen that there’s not much to find on there in terms of selfies and whatnot.

In a way, I get it. As someone else said, they probably want to check you’re not a catfish and I can completely understand that. I did think about posting a few photos of me on there but then I think, it’s my social media page, not an extension of my dating profile so why should I? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do think nowadays, we are so used to people sharing every detail of their lives on social media, it does seem strange when you encounter someone who doesn’t. I’d be interested to hear others’ experiences of this 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.