Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when someone asked me if I had a single bed? I’m a 30 year mum ffs.
I once chatted to a guy who lived with his mum temporarily, that was okay I understood he was between places, but one day not too far into chatting to him he sent me a selfie from inside of his room and he had a single bed... I got ick from the inside out and couldn't continue 🤣🤣 the idea of an adult sleeping in a single bed.... Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure what impression he’s hoping to give with that, but it immediately gives me sexual predator vibes like he’d be really forceful and forward the second you met him and wouldn’t take no for an answer.
“Just let me give you a good snog. You WILL feel it!” 😡😡
I mean its true. He clearly thinks that women will want whatever it is he is actually offering and doesn't realise how repulsive he is actually being. He would definitely be one of those guys that would get butt hurt at the slightest rejection

(and to any guys lurking on here, I know its tough for you on dating sites as well and you're not all like the examples on here)

Reactions: 6
Dear god. A 37 year old man on hinge has his Snapchat username on his profile so you can message him.
He also has a tattoo round his belly button 😣 I can’t tell what it says.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Girlies, after a bit of advice. Have followed this thread on and off since it was started ❤

Bit of a dating app etiquette question, and I think I know the answer to what I’m about to say but... is it ever a good idea to revive a chat that has gone dead? I would essentially be double messaging him as I sent the last message... is this a big no no?

Reactions: 3
Girlies, after a bit of advice. Have followed this thread on and off since it was started ❤

Bit of a dating app etiquette question, and I think I know the answer to what I’m about to say but... is it ever a good idea to revive a chat that has gone dead? I would essentially be double messaging him as I sent the last message... is this a big no no?
Hey lovely, leave that man/woman/they/them and their dead chat dead. If they can’t hold a convo now imagine how boring they could be. However, was it you that text last? Did you give a dead reply? xx

Reactions: 9

If I don't get a reply within 24 hours I unmatch. No one is that busy to avoid replying for longer than that, especially at the moment.

Reactions: 9
Hey lovely, leave that man/woman/they/them and their dead chat dead. If they can’t hold a convo now imagine how boring they could be. However, was it you that text last? Did you give a dead reply? xx
The thing is, he isn’t boring at all! 😔 We’ve spoken everyday for the last little while. He did ask to see me Easter weekend but I couldn’t because I’m actually waiting out lockdown at my parents’ in the countryside and was too far away. The last thing I said was actually a question which makes it worse 🤦🏽‍♀️ as it’s not like I left him with nothing to reply to... I guess I’m just gutted because we have a scary amount of things in common and it takes a lot for me to be interested in someone to this extent. I kinda just wanted the opportunity to meet in person because I have a feeling we’d get on, but if we didn’t at least I gave it a shot, you know?

Reactions: 4
The thing is, he isn’t boring at all! 😔 We’ve spoken everyday for the last little while. He did ask to see me Easter weekend but I couldn’t because I’m actually waiting out lockdown at my parents’ in the countryside and was too far away. The last thing I said was actually a question which makes it worse 🤦🏽‍♀️ as it’s not like I left him with nothing to reply to... I guess I’m just gutted because we have a scary amount of things in common and it takes a lot for me to be interested in someone to this extent. I kinda just wanted the opportunity to meet in person because I have a feeling we’d get on, but if we didn’t at least I gave it a shot, you know?
What did you ask?
I would definitely leave it. It’s possible they were just busy or you put them on the spot and their silence says it all. If they don’t reply today I would be removing them.

Reactions: 1
For me personally, I would not message him again. I just base this on experience. Usually when a chat goes cold on their side, it is simply because they are no longer interested. There's never any grand, dramatic reason. Of course, if you really feel that you want to get back in touch then that's entirely up to you 🙂

Reactions: 2
What did you ask?
I would definitely leave it. It’s possible they were just busy or you put them on the spot and their silence says it all. If they don’t reply today I would be removing them.
It was a just a harmless question in relation to something he’d said in a previous message.

Thanks for all the replies everyone; I think I know deep down I should just leave it, I’m just a bit gutted haha. I don’t even want to engage with my other matches or talk to anyone else! (I’m aware I just need a slap lol). I have had guys come back and start the chat again after I’ve gone cold and a lot of time has passed so I was wondering whether that’s something any of you have done/would do but I think the answer is to move on!

Reactions: 2
@doodlebug no don’t send another message. You said you were talking all of the time then it just stopped. He’s either not arsed, has a girlfriend/wife or found someone else to chat to. He can’t be missing the conversation if he hasn’t got in touch. Put it down to experience. I know it must be tit when this happens but you have to let these things go.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.