Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went on a date in mid March with a guy. We got on well and arranged a second date. He postponed as he got ill but continued the convo for a few days. He then went quiet and I messaged him asking if he was feeling better. He read my WhatsApp and did not reply. I messaged him the next day asking if he is ok and same again.

I deleted him and moved on.

Last night I got a message from him saying his pet (I don't want to say the pet just in case it he reads this somehow :ROFLMAO: ) has fallen ill and is due to be put down this week.

It's very sad but I did not reply. Just think it was rude to ignore me completely for all this time. Maybe I am being harsh but I feel the moment has completely passed now
It sounds like he moved on to someone else and came back when it didn’t work out.

Reactions: 18
Yeah that's what annoyed me too. I could tell something was up but he was like oh everything's fine. Then proceeds to ignore me until I was like let's just call it then and that's when he said about it. Sigh
Went on a date in mid March with a guy. We got on well and arranged a second date. He postponed as he got ill but continued the convo for a few days. He then went quiet and I messaged him asking if he was feeling better. He read my WhatsApp and did not reply. I messaged him the next day asking if he is ok and same again.

I deleted him and moved on.

Last night I got a message from him saying his pet (I don't want to say the pet just in case it he reads this somehow :ROFLMAO: ) has fallen ill and is due to be put down this week.

It's very sad but I did not reply. Just think it was rude to ignore me completely for all this time. Maybe I am being harsh but I feel the moment has completely passed now
Not harsh at all! Just shows you what a twit he is- ghosts you when he doesn’t want or need you but then gets in touch when he wants you to some emotional labour for him? No thanks.

Reactions: 5
That's a tricky one! They always manage to come up with the most serious excuses so it is hard to doubt them. Because if you do and it happens to be true then you just sound like a head. Had the situation a couple of times and I found it hard to handle.

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, didn’t really know where else to post. I’ve been feeling so down the last few days, a guy ive been seeing, and really hit it off with, broke things off as he realised he’s not over his ex (a long term relationship and messy break up), and he’s realised he’s actually not ready to see or even speak to anyone. He said all these things about being excited to see me, to take me to all these places, and he’s never connected to anyone like he did with me. I met some of his friends as well. I do genuinely believe he meant all of it and it’s just awful timing, but I’m just so so gutted because I feel like we had something. We are now not speaking and I just feel so sad and lost lol

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone, didn’t really know where else to post. I’ve been feeling so down the last few days, a guy ive been seeing, and really hit it off with, broke things off as he realised he’s not over his ex (a long term relationship and messy break up), and he’s realised he’s actually not ready to see or even speak to anyone. He said all these things about being excited to see me, to take me to all these places, and he’s never connected to anyone like he did with me. I met some of his friends as well. I do genuinely believe he meant all of it and it’s just awful timing, but I’m just so so gutted because I feel like we had something. We are now not speaking and I just feel so sad and lost lol
Sorry to hear that! How long were you seeing him?

It's so so crap but you're better off out of it now rather than months and months down the line when he realises it.

I totally appreciate how disappointing it is and so hard to be back at square one again.

You will be ok. It'll be crap for a while but it'll definitely get better.

I think no contact is the best way forward so do stay strong on that

That's a tricky one! They always manage to come up with the most serious excuses so it is hard to doubt them. Because if you do and it happens to be true then you just sound like a head. Had the situation a couple of times and I found it hard to handle.
I think I would be more inclined to reply if I actually really liked him. I was kind of "meh" about him anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went through the same thing in late 2019. Fell head over heels for each other and were seeing each other for about 4 months, told me he loved met etc etc and then all of a sudden just after Christmas he called me up crying and said he couldn't do it any more, he needed to be on his own to get over his traumatic break up with his ex. Completely and utterly devastated me as it was so out of the blue and I genuinely thought he was my soulmate.

Had a hard few months trying to get over him, but things do eventually get better and now think actually I am better off without him.

Agreed with yankydoo, no contact is definitely for the best as hard as that sounds. Its really difficult to go from talking to someone constantly to having no contact at all, but if you are still speaking that will give you a false glimmer of hope.

Stay positive 🥰

• Heart
I went through the same thing in late 2019. Fell head over heels for each other and were seeing each other for about 4 months, told me he loved met etc etc and then all of a sudden just after Christmas he called me up crying and said he couldn't do it any more, he needed to be on his own to get over his traumatic break up with his ex. Completely and utterly devastated me as it was so out of the blue and I genuinely thought he was my soulmate.

Had a hard few months trying to get over him, but things do eventually get better and now think actually I am better off without him.

Agreed with yankydoo, no contact is definitely for the best as hard as that sounds. Its really difficult to go from talking to someone constantly to having no contact at all, but if you are still speaking that will give you a false glimmer of hope.

Stay positive 🥰
I’ve had this too, acted extremely intense (he drove 100miles around trip to see me twice in a day and no that was not for sex) and then didn’t want to commit to anything as soon as I asked what was happening after a month. But all I can say is I wish I had not let it affect me as much as it did after, so please don’t let it get to you @anonesk223

• Heart
Me too. He’s dishy 🤭 send him my way😆

Also:

Ok so I found what could be my actual dream man. I’ve ran out of likes on hinge and didn’t wanna pay, so I think he’ll disappear from my list to try and match with. Anyway He plays rugby and I’ve found his rugby team and then his Instagram... fbi need to give me a job! Seriously (I sound insane I already know) but imagine explaining that on a first date (wishful thinking)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Me too. He’s dishy 🤭 send him my way😆

Also:

Ok so I found what could be my actual dream man. I’ve ran out of likes on hinge and didn’t wanna pay, so I think he’ll disappear from my list to try and match with. Anyway He plays rugby and I’ve found his rugby team and then his Instagram... fbi need to give me a job! Seriously (I sound insane I already know) but imagine explaining that on a first date (wishful thinking)
This is fantastic! I dare you to follow him ☺

Reactions: 1
I do 50 miles I think, I live/work near central London so it covers most people who commute here

I also do 50 miles too as I'm on the outskirts of London so covers London.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.