Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay gang I need some advice. So I got tinder (think I posted about this last weekend) anyway met two guys from there and have been texting, seem to get on really well with one. So I went on a date last night, we went for a distanced walk along the seafront, coffee then had dinner (takeaway fish and chips). We don’t know each other before at all but during the evening he grabbed me and kissed me. now I feel like we seemed “click” but I was really taken aback brazenness to kiss someone you don’t know, in a pandemic???? has anyone dealt with this before. I get he lives alone and isn’t seeing people (or so he says yanooo men lie) but I’m actually a bit 😦 he also has started to call me bub babe and baby in texts🤨

(I know there’s a chance some may be angry I went on this date, if you’ve read my posts before please know it’s hard out here and I really do/ have done everything to obey the rules)

We’ve already said we want to see each other again and I have agreed to see him tomorrow but I don’t know I just feel some sort of way now this morning 😒 we kinda said we could end up bubbling too but I feel weird af this morning honestly. Also feels like we’ve done 0-50 in an evening.
For off, we are a year in to the pandemic - a YEAR! So, going on a date isn't the worst thing ever and it's been lonely AF this past year as single people. It's not any different to seeing a friend for a walk (minus the kiss haha).

On the 0-50 part, I get what you mean. I tend to freak out and panic when anything happens fast too. Try to think of it as if we weren't in a pandemic. Would you still feel like it's weird if 'bubbles' weren't a thing? If you were allowed to eat in a restaurant yesterday and have a glass of wine, would it of felt weird? I think the prospect of 'bubbles' and the whole 'social distancing/no touching' part makes it seem weirder in our minds.

If you two had a wicked date (as you did), and he kissed you when it wasn't breaking 'rules' then suggested a second date - would that feel weird?

I'm all for believing in our feelings and if made you feel weird, that would be different but if its just the whole pandemic and bubble part - then maybe just say yeah let's have a second date and see.

The bubs/babe/baby thing if you don't like it, just say I don't like pet names. I personally hate them and I say that when a guy uses them and it stops.

If that's a lot of rubbish rambles I'm sorry 🤣 been out the dating game for a while and I'm so single I forget how to talk to men 😂

Reactions: 8
Thank you so much for your response. So I really thought about it this morning. @Eyerollbrainache

This was my first kiss since 2019 (how mad is that!! The previous guy was someone I dated for some time, really liked and then he ghosted me!!). So I think that had a part to play. I agree if we weren’t in lockdown and went out for dinner I wouldn’t have minded it etc it probably is a mixture of the craziness of this year (in all ways).

I am looking forward to seeing him again and just to see how I feel/he is another time 💙

and yes haha I’ll tell him about the pet names 😆😆 before I get the ick!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you so much for your response. So I really thought about it this morning. @Eyerollbrainache

This was my first kiss since 2019 (how mad is that!! The previous guy was someone I dated for some time, really liked and then he ghosted me!!). So I think that had a part to play. I agree if we weren’t in lockdown and went out for dinner I wouldn’t have minded it etc it probably is a mixture of the craziness of this year (in all ways).

I am looking forward to seeing him again and just to see how I feel/he is another time 💙

Haha the ick is dangerous 🤣

I really think the past year has made dating such a taboo thing again and that definitely interferes with our thinking!

I hope that's seeing him again gives you some guidance on how you feel about it all! Looking forward to updates 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Okay gang I need some advice. So I got tinder (think I posted about this last weekend) anyway met two guys from there and have been texting, seem to get on really well with one. So I went on a date last night, we went for a distanced walk along the seafront, coffee then had dinner (takeaway fish and chips). We don’t know each other before at all but during the evening he grabbed me and kissed me. now I feel like we seemed “click” but I was really taken aback brazenness to kiss someone you don’t know, in a pandemic???? has anyone dealt with this before. I get he lives alone and isn’t seeing people (or so he says yanooo men lie) but I’m actually a bit 😦 he also has started to call me bub babe and baby in texts🤨

(I know there’s a chance some may be angry I went on this date, if you’ve read my posts before please know it’s hard out here and I really do/ have done everything to obey the rules)

We’ve already said we want to see each other again and I have agreed to see him tomorrow but I don’t know I just feel some sort of way now this morning 😒 we kinda said we could end up bubbling too but I feel weird af this morning honestly. Also feels like we’ve done 0-50 in an evening.
Sounds like a really nice date - and yep it’s been a year since the pandemic started, so give yourself a break! I got freaked out cos I went for a walk with this guy from tinder and he hugged me bye before I could do anything! But it’s hard at the moment so don’t feel guilty! Meet him again and see how you feel, you clearly got along the first time!

Reactions: 1

If you are looking forward to seeing him again then that's a good sign. Just go with the flow and don't worry about this kiss haha. Good luck! Keep us updated

Reactions: 3

I’m so happy to read someone is dating like I am! I went on a date and I previously had told him not so kiss me when he asked me what my reaction would be if he tried 😂 anyway we went on a date hugged to say goodbye and I kissed him! Made it less awkward & I’m super excited to see him again!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So i noticed that guy that i was talking to since December viewed my dating profile so i confronted him. Told him i thought he was seeing someone he asked why.. so told him how i know did he reply na.. i know my worth i didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'm worth more! I feel so good telling him tho!

Reactions: 2
What is the longest you ladies have chatted/text with a bloke before meeting?

Back in the day, when I did online dating properly, I would communicate no longer than a couple of weeks before going on a date. The sooner the better for me and I'd always avoid incessant texting leading up to meeting.

Just wondered, though, if anyone has chatted for quite a length of time before meeting - maybe due to lockdown or even prior to Covid? How did it go? Expectation vs reality?

Reactions: 4

Back in the day, when I did online dating properly, I would communicate no longer than a couple of weeks before going on a date. The sooner the better for me and I'd always avoid incessant texting leading up to meeting.

Just wondered, though, if anyone has chatted for quite a length of time before meeting - maybe due to lockdown or even prior to Covid? How did it go? Expectation vs reality?
2 months I did 😂, usually I’d of ghosted them after 3 weeks but I gave this guy a chance and put myself out there to actually see how things went! Pleased to say I defiantly got to know him a lot better than I would had I of met after a couple weeks and defiantly isn’t just a short term thing as he stuck around for 2 months until I was comfortable to meet up with him.

Reactions: 4
Ok so maybe my way is not the best haha I like to do it as soon as I can. Get them out of the way even pre covid. so maybe soonest 24-48 hours longest was maybe a week then we met.

The one I posted about yesterday we matched Saturday and were originally going to meet on Sunday so less than 24 hours 🤣 but we had to wait a few days.

So i noticed that guy that i was talking to since December viewed my dating profile so i confronted him. Told him i thought he was seeing someone he asked why.. so told him how i know did he reply na.. i know my worth i didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'm worth more! I feel so good telling him tho!
How do you know he’s looked???

Reactions: 1

I'm probably not the best person to ask due to my dire dating performance, but usually if a guy hasn't suggested making plans within 5 days or so, I unmatch. Otherwise I just feel like I'm something keeping them entertained, with no intention to meet...it happens a lot :(

Reactions: 7
I like to meet quickly too, within a week. Theres only so much you can talk about on messaging, they may be completely different in real life and dating is so fast paced that I feel if you don’t meet quickly someone will move on!

Reactions: 8
Ok so maybe my way is not the best haha I like to do it as soon as I can. Get them out of the way even pre covid. so maybe soonest 24-48 hours longest was maybe a week then we met.

The one I posted about yesterday we matched Saturday and were originally going to meet on Sunday so less than 24 hours 🤣 but we had to wait a few days.

How do you know he’s looked???

It's on badoo and it says this person has viewed your profile today! 🕵️‍♀️

So that's how i know 😄

• Wow
Update: long story short. I have the ICK +more. I felt really anxious all night last night and this morning. Anyway I saw him today and It was too much, he also came across a bit forceful.

He grabbed my hand to his 🍆 whilst hugging me and whispered in my ear what he wants to do to me 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. He kissed me a few times today and I didn’t kiss back but he kept on going, tongue and all. I guess it was too good to be right 😿

I can’t edit my post anymore but I’m ok just feel a bit sick/shocked this is what happened in the end. Wasn’t as fun as Thursday for me and there could have been so much potential ☹. I don’t know if it’s lockdown that’s made guys a bit full on??
Anyway absolutely no more dates for me!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Update: long story short. I have the ICK +more. I felt really anxious all night last night and this morning. Anyway I saw him today and It was too much, he also came across a bit forceful.

He grabbed my hand to his 🍆 whilst hugging me and whispered in my ear what he wants to do to me 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. He kissed me a few times today and I didn’t kiss back but he kept on going, tongue and all. I guess it was too good to be right 😿

I can’t edit my post anymore but I’m ok just feel a bit sick/shocked this is what happened in the end. Wasn’t as fun as Thursday for me and there could have been so much potential ☹. I don’t know if it’s lockdown that’s made guys a bit full on??
Eww what a creep. He does sound desperate. If he's acting up this early it's not a good omen and you dodged a bullet, although obviously it's disappointing if you did like them.

Tbh, when I read your first post about him, I was going to respond to say that I would have been fuming if he'd have grabbed me and kissed me on a socially distanced date. I really felt that was massively disrespecting boundaries.

Reactions: 7

Massive red flags

What is with guys profiles where their pictures are of them and another girl. I’ve seen like 5 guys and all their pictures are of them with what looks like their girlfriend, the photos are all quite coupley, just of them two. Like are they cheating, which is weird cos you wouldn’t put up photos of your gf?

Reactions: 9
What is with guys profiles where their pictures are of them and another girl. I’ve seen like 5 guys and all their pictures are of them with what looks like their girlfriend, the photos are all quite coupley, just of them two. Like are they cheating, which is weird cos you wouldn’t put up photos of your gf?
I assume it’s a friend/sibling to show they have friends/are sociable but I wish they wouldn’t do it. I don’t have friends in my photos and I wouldn’t want to be in my friends dating profile pics either

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.