Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies, tonight we have hit a new low in dry conversation.

A guy I'm talking to wanted a face paced honest question round. His questions? Do I like marmite and what's my favourite crisp flavour.

I. AM. OUT 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

A guy I'm talking to wanted a face paced honest question round. His questions? Do I like marmite and what's my favourite crisp flavour.

I. AM. OUT 😂😂😂
😂😂😂, but do you like marmite.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I. AM. OUT 😂😂😂
Perhaps they were the warm up questions? I sometimes play 20 questions and start off a bit daft but then try to get more interesting. You have to be careful not to get too heavy, though 😲

Maybe I played it with this bloke in the past 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What is the longest you ladies have chatted/text with a bloke before meeting?

Back in the day, when I did online dating properly, I would communicate no longer than a couple of weeks before going on a date. The sooner the better for me and I'd always avoid incessant texting leading up to meeting.

Just wondered, though, if anyone has chatted for quite a length of time before meeting - maybe due to lockdown or even prior to Covid? How did it go? Expectation vs reality?
since last March!! We hit our “anniversary” the other day. Obviously things would have been different if COVID never happened. I have children and high risk family members, I’d never risk their health and he has respected that the entire time.

We speak every day. Both of us have been there for each other with massive highs and lows happening throughout the whole year. Talk about how things are going to be different once these restrictions lift. It’s so strange. I’ve never done the whole dating online until I got bored after being single for 18months.

Never thought I’d click with anyone ever again. And especially that I’m a single mum. But this one 🥺 I’m myself with him and I’m the most comfortable I have ever been with someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
since last March!! We hit our “anniversary” the other day. Obviously things would have been different if COVID never happened. I have children and high risk family members, I’d never risk their health and he has respected that the entire time.

We speak every day. Both of us have been there for each other with massive highs and lows happening throughout the whole year. Talk about how things are going to be different once these restrictions lift. It’s so strange. I’ve never done the whole dating online until I got bored after being single for 18months.

Never thought I’d click with anyone ever again. And especially that I’m a single mum. But this one 🥺 I’m myself with him and I’m the most comfortable I have ever been with someone.
Are you planning to meet when allowed?

Reactions: 1
Yes of course! He’s a police officer, I work for the NHS so sticking to the rules. I’ve been lucky enough to have my vaccinations so there’s one less worry for me
I hope it goes well for you! All that build up, I'd be so nervous, but you must know each other well by now. It's not the same but I've found all my friends I made online, they were even better in person!

Reactions: 4
I hope it goes well for you! All that build up, I'd be so nervous, but you must know each other well by now. It's not the same but I've found all my friends I made online, they were even better in person!
I am so, so nervous about it! I didn’t think I would be tbh

I've been on a few apps and I'm finding a reason to swipe left on pretty much everyone I come across

I'm only recently out of a long term relationship so I'm wondering if that's just a sign I'm not in the right frame of mind to start looking at dating just yet.

Reactions: 4

What an amazing story! Please keep us updated when you make plans to meet. Wish you the best of luck 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What an amazing story! Please keep us updated when you make plans to meet. Wish you the best of luck 💕
Oh I will!! I’m glad I found this thread tonight tbh. Just reading it has actually made me feel a lot more positive about the whole dating during/after lockdown 🥰

• Heart
Oh I will!! I’m glad I found this thread tonight tbh. Just reading it has actually made me feel a lot more positive about the whole dating during/after lockdown 🥰
Yes, very best of luck. I've been conversing with a bloke since last July! That's why I asked the question originally. I would never in my life chat to a bloke this long. There is a big difference, though, as he's quite a lot younger than me and it was just meant to be silly, flirty chat. But he's stuck it out 😆 He actually does seem a genuinely good guy, but the thought of finally meeting has got me a bit... Yikes!!!

Yes, very best of luck. I've been conversing with a bloke since last July! That's why I asked the question originally. I would never in my life chat to a bloke this long. There is a big difference, though, as he's quite a lot younger than me and it was just meant to be silly, flirty chat. But he's stuck it out 😆 He actually does seem a genuinely good guy, but the thought of finally meeting has got me a bit... Yikes!!!
My one has seen about 15 different sides to me and always stuck it out too lol. I’ve been upset, moody, downright depressed and woe me. All sorts and he’s hung around. Spoken actual sense and allowed me to vent and rant lol. My favourite though was when I was pissed off with him about a stupid comment and me being me, got annoyed that he was calm and collected and just questioned why I felt that way. I was shook! 😂 never in my life have I met a calm man like that. Goes to show the tit shows relationships before 🙈 we have random mental health check ins with each other too. Both our jobs we’ve seen things we haven’t wanted to. Gone through horrible things the last year.

I find it really heart warming that there are genuine men out there. The ones that used to message “send me a pic” (ok I’ll send you my legs covered in a blanket filling my face with phish food and watching a serial killer doc) and then get pissed off that it wasn’t “the” pic, did not even last half a day 🙈 I never would have dreamed of speaking that long. I made a rule to myself of max 4 weeks if no meet it’s a no from me.

this one though gives me butterflies and sicky feeling at the prospect of meeting in person 😂 this will make a brill section of a cracking Netflix movie in my life though

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I’ve started to tell a few friends about the guy I’ve been seeing recently, all of them are very very happy for me that finally I may have found someone! (My past record is pretty horrendous to say the least of wronguns!!!)

I have one male friend who im very close to (married with kids so can’t claim he’s jealous) anyway I’ve told him about him and he just seems ever so negative about the whole situation, the guy will come to mine as I live on my own so it’s a lot more private and he’s happy to drive to me until he moves into his place very soon anyway my friend told me never to trust a guy who won’t take you home, this comment has really irk’d me as when I explained the reason and he was completely dismissive, also tonight he made the “oh your boyfriend” comment and I explained that were were not together just “friends” and again he was negative, now I don’t know if it’s just me but we’ve only been talking since the start of the year and I’m not one to rush into putting titles on anything! I’ve been very hurt in the past so am happy the way things are going. I just don’t understand why people need to make these negative comments 😣.

• Sad
In my experience, people who do this are often projecting their own issues. I’ve seen it countless times before. What you’ve described here doesn’t sound like genuine concern from a friend who might be worried about you getting hurt. It sounds like snark from someone who is maybe going through a tit time in their own relationship and wants to plant seeds of insecurity in your head because misery loves company. If I were you, I would play my cards very close to my chest where this friend is concerned.

Most importantly, don’t let the negativity get into your head and enjoy yourself with this guy, it sounds like things are going well! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In my experience, people who do this are often projecting their own issues. I’ve seen it countless times before. What you’ve described here doesn’t sound like genuine concern from a friend who might be worried about you getting hurt. It sounds like snark from someone who is maybe going through a tit time in their own relationship and wants to plant seeds of insecurity in your head because misery loves company. If I were you, I would play my cards very close to my chest where this friend is concerned.

Most importantly, don’t let the negativity get into your head and enjoy yourself with this guy, it sounds like things are going well! ❤

Thank you ❤ I think you have hit the nail on the head!

Just one thing, anyone else not fazed buy the not being taken home yet? I completely get it, I moved out 4 years ago into my own place and certainly wouldn't be taking anyone home for a good while until I new we were solid if I still lived with my parents, I just think it would be disrespectful in a house which wasn't mine to bring "randoms" so I totally get where he is coming from on this! and lets face it who'd want the parents hearing what you get upto 😆

So I’ve started to tell a few friends about the guy I’ve been seeing recently, all of them are very very happy for me that finally I may have found someone! (My past record is pretty horrendous to say the least of wronguns!!!)

I have one male friend who im very close to (married with kids so can’t claim he’s jealous) anyway I’ve told him about him and he just seems ever so negative about the whole situation, the guy will come to mine as I live on my own so it’s a lot more private and he’s happy to drive to me until he moves into his place very soon anyway my friend told me never to trust a guy who won’t take you home, this comment has really irk’d me as when I explained the reason and he was completely dismissive, also tonight he made the “oh your boyfriend” comment and I explained that were were not together just “friends” and again he was negative, now I don’t know if it’s just me but we’ve only been talking since the start of the year and I’m not one to rush into putting titles on anything! I’ve been very hurt in the past so am happy the way things are going. I just don’t understand why people need to make these negative comments 😣.
I think sometimes our friends are just scared for us. My friends can be dicks at times when it comes to men, but they often have my best interests at heart. I have an awful past record with men, and they just try to protect me. I'm not saying your friend is wrong but if he's watched you heartbroken or hurt, sometimes they just want to protect you.

Maybe just tell him he's upset you and see what he says, he might not realise the negative impact his comment has had. It's hard meeting people off the Internet - and I know me and my friends are nervous for each other when meeting people for the first time from dating apps etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What is the longest you ladies have chatted/text with a bloke before meeting?

Back in the day, when I did online dating properly, I would communicate no longer than a couple of weeks before going on a date. The sooner the better for me and I'd always avoid incessant texting leading up to meeting.

Just wondered, though, if anyone has chatted for quite a length of time before meeting - maybe due to lockdown or even prior to Covid? How did it go? Expectation vs reality?
I try not to message for ages before meeting but with an ex we were messaging for about a month before we met. We ended up in a relationship but we were long distance so messaging was a big part of our relationship because of how far apart we lived. He was so different in person to what he was like when we were messaging. I ended up preferring his messaging personality to him in real life which sounds ridiculous but it was honestly like 2 different people!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.