Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
girls, it's ok to be picky when it comes to dating! never settle for anyone. you will grow to resent them and feel like you're wasting time, and someone will get hurt!

there are so many undercover narcissists out there and sexist men that you need to get to know them a little but leave at the first sign of a red flag! it just breaks my heart that so many women end up in relationships where they are treated terribly. keep strong and know what you deserve!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m completely off the apps - had enough of them before COVID ever came along and the fact that I wouldn’t be able to meet up with anyone in person during COVID was the push I needed to cut the chord. But I miss the excitement of the build up to a date and actually wearing real shoes and throwing on my sex knickers (just in case haha). I’m almost hopeful post-COVID dating will be more direct and less bs to be honest!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This!!! And I came across someone on Tinder who quoted in his bio that he's a keyworker 🤮. 3/4s of England are keyworkers you absolute bell end.
My best friend is dating a guy who worked at a testing centre and now has a new job. He wears his NHS Track and Trace jacket everywhere and it makes me want to vom 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Hey girls, I posted at the beginning of this thread completely given up, when the restrictions were loosened before Christmas I went out for a drink with a substantial meal remember those days 😂😂😂 I met someone out and 3 months later we’re really happy we were both on hinge but actually met out and he’s never someone I would of gone for he came across as a cocky banker but he had a massive front up 😩 anyway things are really positive and I just wanted to share I’m also a single mummy to my beautiful 2 year old daughter a full time teacher and really didn’t want anything he also wanted someone care free and single but you can’t help who you meet and we’re both shocked because we are complete opposites 😂 if we matched on hinge he would of had the block straight away

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yay!!! A positive story for this thread hoorayyy 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

So folks, I got tinder last night for the first time in years and there’s monsters 🥲😬🥴🥴🥴

A few matches and guys wanting to meet already? it’s a lockdown hun
I’m getting the ick at Bad grammar, Short men (sorry I’m a tall arse), some actual awful tattoos, and a lot of tit selfies I don’t wanna see your furry tongue!!!

Also I crack up at the title so much because really it should have been named dating after lockdown(s) poor naive me 🤣 thinking it’ll be one!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I meant to put a ? After asking him why. But I was drying my hair at the same time 😂

Anyway, we matched after Xmas because I remember the boring chat we had where he killed the convo and then a day later deleted his account.
He needs to grow some balls and not be pushed about his sister. Jfc.

29335774-2575-46A5-B51F-D3F6C96898D6.jpeg

Reactions: 5
I meant to put a ? After asking him why. But I was drying my hair at the same time 😂

Anyway, we matched after Xmas because I remember the boring chat we had where he killed the convo and then a day later deleted his account.
He needs to grow some balls and not be pushed about his sister. Jfc.
He sounds like a right barrel of laughs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I spoke with someone on the phone last night and knew straight away I am not attracted to them in the slightest.

How do I let them down? I feel bad saying I don't feel the chemistry when all we have had a is a phone call. Arghhh

Reactions: 4
I think phone calls usually give you an idea if you’ll click in person or not (even if it’s a platonic click you’ll still feel it). Nowt wrong with saying you just didn’t feel a connection in terms of personalities etc.

I think phone calls usually give you an idea if you’ll click in person or not (even if it’s a platonic click you’ll still feel it). Nowt wrong with saying you just didn’t feel a connection in terms of personalities etc.
Thanks! I'll do that.

Be prepared for them to try and talk you round though (oh I’m much better in person....etc) - if you’re sure it’s a no thanks keep it a no thanks 😊

No. I just haven't replied to his last message which was on Friday evening. Urgh! Awkward 😂
What happened with this guy? The one who you watched a video of? 😂

I spoke with someone on the phone last night and knew straight away I am not attracted to them in the slightest.

How do I let them down? I feel bad saying I don't feel the chemistry when all we have had a is a phone call. Arghhh
Oh no. High pitched voice? I’d be a wuss and ghost them 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hey peeps! I'm new to the dating scene after a long-term breakup.

I'm self-admittedly picky, and rightly so because I don't just want to date - I want to meet someone to spend a long time with.
Anyway, I met a guy who was perfect, but he stopped talking to me. I then followed up a few days later asking if we could be friends and he agreed. We got on so well on our non-date and he asked if we could meet up again the next week. Then he cancelled the follow-up.

No one else talks back to me or even matches or likes me. I must be a freaking monster. Online dating really opened my eyes to how little of a catch I am :ROFLMAO: Just the confidence boost I needed. I don't think I can go through this method long-term, I don't know how people do it!

Hey peeps! I'm new to the dating scene after a long-term breakup.

I'm self-admittedly picky, and rightly so because I don't just want to date - I want to meet someone to spend a long time with.
Anyway, I met a guy who was perfect, but he stopped talking to me. I then followed up a few days later asking if we could be friends and he agreed. We got on so well on our non-date and he asked if we could meet up again the next week. Then he cancelled the follow-up.

No one else talks back to me or even matches or likes me. I must be a freaking monster. Online dating really opened my eyes to how little of a catch I am :ROFLMAO: Just the confidence boost I needed. I don't think I can go through this method long-term, I don't know how people do it!
Hey excuse me hun, don’t ever talk about yourself like that! It is admittedly a very hard time for online dating, there is literally nothing to talk about and my friends who use dating apps have come off them because they feel pressured to continue talking to people when the chat is literally about the weather.

You are a great catch. We are all catches. Sure, we can’t be catches for everyone but you have to put yourself out there to find yours.

Don’t feel pressured to use the sites but at the same time don’t think you’re to blame for not having any success yet!

X

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ll second this ☝🏼

It’s hard out there at the moment. Over the last few weeks, I’ve started conversations with guys that I’d 100% be going on dates with in the “normal world” but my mood (and I think this is the same for a lot of people) shifts so dramatically from one day to the next and the “normal world” feels so far away, that I’ve just been letting conversations die.

Men have been matching me that I’d normally want to start messaging, but I’m not even starting conversations because I know how it will end and I don’t want to waste my own time or theirs at the moment. I’m bored, fat and disengaged and as @bobthedragqueen rightly said, there’s very little to actually talk about at the moment. A lot of my friends who are on apps (male and female) have said the same too. I haven’t stepped foot into a gym since last year, I feel repulsive and I think that would be written all over me even if I did meet someone for a walk or whatever.

I didn’t mean to make this post all about me, sorry 🤣 My point was, don’t let it knock you. I think it’s a general trend with a lot of people at the moment and is not a reflection on you in any way ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.