Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update: long story short. I have the ICK +more. I felt really anxious all night last night and this morning. Anyway I saw him today and It was too much, he also came across a bit forceful.

He grabbed my hand to his 🍆 whilst hugging me and whispered in my ear what he wants to do to me 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. He kissed me a few times today and I didn’t kiss back but he kept on going, tongue and all. I guess it was too good to be right 😿

I can’t edit my post anymore but I’m ok just feel a bit sick/shocked this is what happened in the end. Wasn’t as fun as Thursday for me and there could have been so much potential ☹. I don’t know if it’s lockdown that’s made guys a bit full on??
Anyway absolutely no more dates for me!
Are you ok? That's absolutely not OK - he's disgusting.

Some men are absolute pigs and I doubt lockdown made him this way. I would say that if he couldn't even behave on a second date, then don't worry about lost potential because you don't need that tit from any one!

I've dated men before who are absolutely foul like that. I also dated the nicest guy ever who would ask if I would comfortable etc
He would also ask before even putting his hand on my leg while we were watching TV if he was allowed to do that. He opened my eyes to the fact that if he can do that, there's no excuse for crappy behaviour from others.

Hope you're OK. Xx

Reactions: 16
Hi everyone 🙋🏾‍♀️ just thought I’d share a few of my highlights 🤣

1. I rematched with someone and it was going okay (there were red flags that I turned pink, but that’s another story!). I found out the day we had met up, he was also trying to see my friend’s friend on the same day 😂 talk about double booking. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the (Black) London dating scene is actually pretty small 😪

2. Another individual was being a little deceptive about things (he was actually 32 but his profile age was 26, he never acknowledged the discrepancy and wouldn’t talk about his age. Also implied that he completed a master’s degree from my uni but hadn’t). Small in the grand scheme of things but not worth pursuing

3. almost broke my celibacy of a year but he refused to use condoms. Asked him when he last had a sexual health check and while it was recently, he was also casually sleeping around in the meantime without protection 🤢 it became really awkward, I left immediately. he messaged me a week later, like ‘guess who came back clean so your loss 🥳’ thanks but no thanks!

4. last but not least!
exchanged numbers with someone. He was a bit too keen with a constant flurries of messages while I’m at work, which was giving me the ick 😂 anyway the next morning, I woke up to so many missed calls at 5AM and some disturbing material
*** tributes where he actually used screenshots of my pictures from the app 🤢🤢🤢

I felt really violated, especially as someone has used my pictures to catfish people 😂 (not sure who the culprit was but I’m sure they were a man, who had taken them from my profile!)

anyway, my question to you all is do you feel optimistic about dating, with the vaccine rollout and potential easing of restrictions? I personally feel under more pressure to look better than ever but I think that’s my own insecurities 😬

Reactions: 5
anyway, my question to you all is do you feel optimistic about dating, with the vaccine rollout and potential easing of restrictions? I personally feel under more pressure to look better than ever but I think that’s my own insecurities 😬
I'm the same with the pressure! Bit worried that the men will just go mad due to freedom and only be looking for casual things. Also feeling like inevitably I won't find anyone as usual. If I can't find a man in the post-covid rush, when can I?!

I'm the same with the pressure! Bit worried that the men will just go mad due to freedom and only be looking for casual things. Also feeling like inevitably I won't find anyone as usual. If I can't find a man in the post-covid rush, when can I?!
I think some guys are probably super horny right now BUT I live with lots of guy housemates and they're all sick of being single and are looking for something real for sure, I think a lot of people have realised being alone can really suck and are sick of their own company after lockdown! So there's hope for sure 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I assume it’s a friend/sibling to show they have friends/are sociable but I wish they wouldn’t do it. I don’t have friends in my photos and I wouldn’t want to be in my friends dating profile pics either
for sure do not look like the photos you’d have with a sibling...

I always imagine they post them because they feel they need to prove they're not on a dating site because they are repulsive to women. Like, "Hey, look at this hot woman cuddling me! I CAN get women to touch me, ya know!!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Venturing back into online dating in a long time, ready for hopefully post lockdown.

If you have been speaking to a guy for a bit and then he just doesn't reply even though the conversation seems to be going somewhere. Do you double text or just leave it?

Venturing back into online dating in a long time, ready for hopefully post lockdown.

If you have been speaking to a guy for a bit and then he just doesn't reply even though the conversation seems to be going somewhere. Do you double text or just leave it?
Personally, I leave it. If they're not bothered to continue the conversation then neither am I.

Reactions: 14
I had to laugh at a profile I just saw. This posh toff guy wrote on Hinge, in response to the question "I'll brag about you to my friends if:" -- "You enjoy more than travelling, dogs and fitness"

Yet his profile was nothing but pictures of him travelling, in a campervan, with a dog and playing cricket XD

I wasted a rose just to send him a message pointing out the irony - but I think it was worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Thank you all for your responses. I’m ok just a bit 😲😮😓😱😨 I felt really taken back and dirty on my way home. Just glad really I made it home. I also really wish i didn’t go on the first date either!
this happened when he was hugging me. He then pinned me against a wall, which is how he grabbed my hand to move it there god I feel sick at writing that
🤬🤬🤬. I told a friend and obviously wrote that on here but that’s it for me.

To the person who said about boundaries I completely agree! please feel free to be honest and post whatever you think I know I (probably all of us too) appreciate all answers. Xxxx

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you all for your responses. I’m ok just a bit 😲😮😓😱😨 I felt really taken back and dirty on my way home. Just glad really I made it home. I also really wish i didn’t go on the first date either!
this happened when he was hugging me. He then pinned me against a wall, which is how he grabbed my hand to move it there god I feel sick at writing that

To the person who said about boundaries I completely agree! please feel free to be honest and post whatever you think I know I (probably all of us too) appreciate all answers. Xxxx
I actually think that’s disgusting for a second date. Imagine being in a room alone with this person just no not acceptable behaviour at all and massive red flags to me.

Reactions: 8
I had to laugh at a profile I just saw. This posh toff guy wrote on Hinge, in response to the question "I'll brag about you to my friends if:" -- "You enjoy more than travelling, dogs and fitness"

Yet his profile was nothing but pictures of him travelling, in a campervan, with a dog and playing cricket XD

I wasted a rose just to send him a message pointing out the irony - but I think it was worth it.
I always laugh when they point that out...like guys are any better!!! Hardly any of them have a personality beyond gym, pub and 'bants'!
Anyway I don't mention travelling, dogs or fitness in my profile and I never get anywhere, so they can't be that keen on girls who don't like them!

Has he tried contacting you at all?

Its so sad when people treat others like this! Hope you are okay though!

Reactions: 2
Feeling so negative today. Went on a date on Saturday with someone I had been speaking with for a couple of weeks, including two video chats. It was a nice date but he's basically disappeared since. He mentioned meeting up again too which really annoys me as I can tell he's trying to phase me out now. Just be honest!! Also decided to also try Bumble again and redownloaded it. Have been unmatched twice already 🙄

Plus it's Monday, I'm feeling hormonal and needy. Really missing being in a happy relationship today.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Feeling so negative today. Went on a date on Saturday with someone I had been speaking with for a couple of weeks, including two video chats. It was a nice date but he's basically disappeared since. He mentioned meeting up again too which really annoys me as I can tell he's trying to phase me out now. Just be honest!! Also decided to also try Bumble again and redownloaded it. Have been unmatched twice already 🙄

Plus it's Monday, I'm feeling hormonal and needy. Really missing being in a happy relationship today.
Sending virtual hugs. Been feeling similar to this recently too 😔😔😒

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The rare sad feeling of seeing someone who looks interesting on an app, you swipe on them and then they never appear again, so they probably don't use the app anymore and you'll never match 😥

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.