Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the occasional profile where the bloke has had professional photos taken? Clearly for the sole purpose of putting them on their dating profile? šŸ¤¢ I'm not sure if you see it so much on the apps these days, but in the olden days of Match.com, etc, you'd see it quite a bit.

I remember a thread on Digital Spy where a bloke was asking for tips about creating a dating profile. Somebody piped up recommending he find a good photographer to take some professional pics. Then a load of posters agreed with this! I think there was only one voice a reason (a woman) who said it was the last thing he should do. Basically because they are so cringe and fake. Couldnt agree more.

Reactions: 5
I started speaking to a guy on Hinge a few days ago and have migrated over to Whatsapp. Itā€™s very anonymous which makes me suspicious immediately. He doesnā€™t have a picture on there and his name is just his first initial, not his full name. Immediately makes me think itā€™s a second phone
šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©

Reactions: 9
I started speaking to a guy on Hinge a few days ago and have migrated over to Whatsapp. Itā€™s very anonymous which makes me suspicious immediately. He doesnā€™t have a picture on there and his name is just his first initial, not his full name. Immediately makes me think itā€™s a second phone
šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©šŸš©
I am sure I have been on at least two dates with married men. One told me he had a work mobile and then a personal one. I was given his work number first then he added me on WhatsApp on his personal number. He dumped me after two dates and I could tell he blocked me on both numbers. I later found him on Instagram and he had photos with his daughter who he failed to mention.

The second guy - we arranged the date on Hinge. It was such a nice date too and ended up being quite expensive. He paid for it! It was after the date we exchanged numbers. I sent him a WhatsApp (he had no photo or name) and he replied. I then sent him something else and he had blocked me.

I'm so cautious now although who truly knows.. anyone can hide anything.

I'm inclined to agree your guy is dodgy!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I am sure I have been on at least two dates with married men. One told me he had a work mobile and then a personal one. I was given his work number first then he added me on WhatsApp on his personal number. He dumped me after two dates and I could tell he blocked me on both numbers. I later found him on Instagram and he had photos with his daughter who he failed to mention.

The second guy - we arranged the date on Hinge. It was such a nice date too and ended up being quite expensive. He paid for it! It was after the date we exchanged numbers. I sent him a WhatsApp (he had no photo or name) and he replied. I then sent him something else and he had blocked me.

I'm so cautious now although who truly knows.. anyone can hide anything.

I'm inclined to agree your guy is dodgy!
Was that days later or on the same day?! šŸ˜§

Has anyone seen the occasional profile where the bloke has had professional photos taken? Clearly for the sole purpose of putting them on their dating profile? šŸ¤¢ I'm not sure if you see it so much on the apps these days, but in the olden days of Match.com, etc, you'd see it quite a bit.

I remember a thread on Digital Spy where a bloke was asking for tips about creating a dating profile. Somebody piped up recommending he find a good photographer to take some professional pics. Then a load of posters agreed with this! I think there was only one voice a reason (a woman) who said it was the last thing he should do. Basically because they are so cringe and fake. Couldnt agree more.
I actually do have a professional photo on my profile, from when I did some 'modelling' for a friend. All clothed, natural and very classy! But I just keep it to one pic - if I had all of them from the same day in the same outfit, that would be cringe. I've definitely seen a few men do it, but you can tell they aren't naturals in front of the camera because they pull weird poses trying to look interesting 'ooh here's me in a record shop, I like music' 'oooh here's me near a dog, look how caring I am'

That said, I do have a bit of a thing for actors, so if I see a headshot, I'm in there immediately šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My match on bumble has given me his number. Iā€™ve put it in WhatsApp and he has no pic. His profile is real I think as we have matched previously but never chatted. But itā€™s not a verified profile šŸ¤” could it be because heā€™s not added my number on WhatsApp too and thatā€™s why I canā€™t see a pic?

Reactions: 1
Yeah could be! I have my settings so no one can see my WhatsApp picture until I have their number saved!

My match on bumble has given me his number. Iā€™ve put it in WhatsApp and he has no pic. His profile is real I think as we have matched previously but never chatted. But itā€™s not a verified profile šŸ¤” could it be because heā€™s not added my number on WhatsApp too and thatā€™s why I canā€™t see a pic?

Reactions: 6
Someone on bumble tried to video call me today. I was at work and my Fitbit started vibrating and my phone said ā€œbumble videoā€ but It only lasted a a few seconds and stopped. It doesnā€™t tell me who it was šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø So itā€™s one of 4 matches that Iā€™m chatting to. Has anyone on here done a bumble video call??

DBDDB7CF-2581-4609-89B3-9D2F5680DE86.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1
God iā€™m losing the will with hinge. Two guys have said letā€™s meet up, fancy coming over to mine for a drink? Maybe some girls do, but Iā€™d be too scared going over some guys house Iā€™d never met before. I think itā€™s rude of them to assume thatā€™s ok to be honest. and also covid?!? Just makes me think they must have asked so many girls. None of them seem to care about covid at all. I actually ask them what they did for new years to see if theyā€™re a twit or not and most have replied saying ā€˜I had a house party ooops šŸ¤«ā€™. Then another guy gave me creepy vibes after chatting for 2 days, so I didnā€™t reply, he than tried to call me, then matched with me on tinder and messaged me saying wow youā€™re beautiful, he must have known it was the same girl. Some guys are so weird.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I don't know if this makes sense but do you feel that you find it harder and harder to know if you like someone or if you are making do? I guess if I am thinking about making do then I am. Sometimes I think I'm just being picky or I don't even know what I'm looking for sometimes.

I've been on a few walks with a guy and at first I really liked him but I have suddenly developed the "ick" and I don't even know why?! There's nothing wrong with him. I need to end it and I feel a bit bad but hey ho.

Reactions: 11
I don't know if this makes sense but do you feel that you find it harder and harder to know if you like someone or if you are making do? I guess if I am thinking about making do then I am. Sometimes I think I'm just being picky or I don't even know what I'm looking for sometimes.

I've been on a few walks with a guy and at first I really liked him but I have suddenly developed the "ick" and I don't even know why?! There's nothing wrong with him. I need to end it and I feel a bit bad but hey ho.
I totally get this. I havenā€™t dated since summer 2019 but need to get back out there. Iā€™m dreading it but Iā€™m not getting any younger!! I met someone on Tinder in Septā€™ 19, chatted for a week and it was great but when we met I wasnā€™t sure, didnā€™t immediately fancy him and thought we were too different, I was honest with him but felt maybe I was being too picky. We met a few more times and I grew to like him more but still didnā€™t think we were that compatible. We ended up being together a year and I did fall in love with him and I do think heā€™s great but obviously not meant to be. There were certain traits that still really annoyed me about him and I kept thinking we had too many differences to make it last although he told me we didnā€™t and we were very well suited. We had a very rocky year, his mental health plus lockdown not helping anyone, and we ended up breaking up in October but I do now think maybe I was right all along and shouldā€™ve nipped it in the bud from the beginning. Itā€™s really difficult to know though as I donā€™t think you know theyā€™re the one straight away and things take time, but your gut instinct is usually right.

Reactions: 8

I definitely feel like Iā€™m allowing myself to settle because I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™ll find anyone on an app I will click with. I donā€™t hold myself in any kind of light or think Iā€™m better than these men by the way, Iā€™m just fussy and particular. Breaking up with my long term bf really messed me up and itā€™s only really taken me until now, 3 years later to get over him. It actually freak me out to imagine having that closeness with anyone else, tbh. Probably why Iā€™m so half arsed when it comes to chatting on apps cos I have a barrier and have only have flings since I broke up with my ex.

At least youā€™ve been putting yourself out there! I went on a walking date in November and he was only interested in having some fun and nothing serious! His words!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.