Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely feel like I’m allowing myself to settle because I honestly don’t think I’ll find anyone on an app I will click with. I don’t hold myself in any kind of light or think I’m better than these men by the way, I’m just fussy and particular. Breaking up with my long term bf really messed me up and it’s only really taken me until now, 3 years later to get over him. It actually freak me out to imagine having that closeness with anyone else, tbh. Probably why I’m so half arsed when it comes to chatting on apps cos I have a barrier and have only have flings since I broke up with my ex.

At least you’ve been putting yourself out there! I went on a walking date in November and he was only interested in having some fun and nothing serious! His words!!
So many of your posts that I see, I could have wrote myself. I split up with my long term partner in 2018, not through lack of love but we just wanted different things at different times in our lives but other than that we were really well suited. When I'm on dating sites, I see someone who is attractive but then I think could I REALLY be as close, comfortable and in love with you as I was with **** and I just can't see it. Which is ridiculous because you never know who you will fall for. But I just can't stop that trail of thought 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
So after 7 weeks of messaging someone is it time I met up with them for a socially distance date/walk?

I’m not sure why but this year I though f**k it, I usually ghost someone after 2/3 weeks but I genuinely feel like for once I need to get over my fears and meet up, because let’s face it, we’re not gonna meet someone the traditional way at the moment are we 😂

Reactions: 2
So after 7 weeks of messaging someone is it time I met up with them for a socially distance date/walk?

I’m not sure why but this year I though f**k it, I usually ghost someone after 2/3 weeks but I genuinely feel like for once I need to get over my fears and meet up, because let’s face it, we’re not gonna meet someone the traditional way at the moment are we 😂
If you like them enough to talk for 7 weeks then why not?

Reactions: 2
If you like them enough to talk for 7 weeks then why not?
Haha! I know right! I just have barriers up all the time! I haven’t been on a date for years! I’m normal just the girl that goes drinking with the boys and doesn’t let anyone get near emotionally 😂.

What even am I suppose to do 🤣 I’m so outta touch.

Reactions: 1
I took a couple of months off the apps, went back on today and ran into the same problem as ever. I just can't make myself interested in someone from a screen! Like most of them seem nice enough, but even if I think he's attractive and we have similar interests, I just never have the inclination to talk to them. And I don't have the time or energy to talk to hundreds of them 'just incase' we might get on.
I don't really meet anyone eligible in real life, and especially not at the moment for obvious reasons. I'm shy in real life so I think that puts men off. So I can't do online, I can't do offline...just going to be single forever! I even tried just randomly following cute guys on Instagram...got zero response on that 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 9
[

Sorry to let you down buddy, erm cobber, um mate, but I'm as British as the Union Jack and bowler hat :LOL:. I'd be interested to know what made you think that, though.
Think you mean ‘Duck’ if your from Nottm way! Me too! Fancey meeting a fellow east midlander on here!

Reactions: 1
Today I'm getting the rage at men who constantly remake their profiles on apps so they can be pushed to the top of the pile. I don't know why but it makes me so angry! Constantly seeing their desperate faces is so offputting :sick: Even worse when they constantly swipe right on me again and again even though I've never done it to them

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve had some absolute monsters liking me on hinge the last few days. ✋🏻
Absolute monsters is the right way to describe some of the likes I've had 😂 I'm not under the impression that I'm perfect but I do look at some of them and think 'YOU??? Want to match with ME?!'. Some of them I just don't understand how they think we have anything in common at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Absolute monsters is the right way to describe some of the likes I've had 😂 I'm not under the impression that I'm perfect but I do look at some of them and think 'YOU??? Want to match with ME?!'. Some of them I just don't understand how they think we have anything in common at all.
😂 I’m the same. I really wish I had their confidence!!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.