Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But in reality for me 95% of conversations ended after 4 messages, guys routinely send one word replies, only talk about themselves and rarely ask questions.
THIS 🙌🏼 It’s the not asking questions for me. You end up feeling like you’re interviewing them.

I went on a date with a guy last year and by the end of it, I could have written his autobiography for him including a chapter on each of his 4 siblings, his parents and every job he’s had for the last 6 years. He wouldn’t have been able to tell me anything about myself apart from my name and what car I drive.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Urghh I was just doing some washing up and I remembered something my stepmum said around Christmas time when I went to see them. She had one of her pals over and her mate asked me if I was seeing anyone (this woman was going through a divorce herself) and my stepmum butted in with “[insert my name] ? She’s permanently single!” And it really bloody hurt but I brushed it off and made some excuse about how it’s not a great time to meet anyone during a pandemic. I don’t tell them everytime I go on a date and I actually went on a couple last year. The last time I was in a serious relationship was 3 years ago and we were together for 6 years. It’s really annoyed me now I’ve remembered. Like she was trying to embarrass me and put me down 😤😤😤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy Valentines Day gang 💞💞💞💛💛💛💛 thank you to your stories, responses to my meltdowns when I’m going through it. Hope you’re having a lovely day whatever you’re doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Every bleeping person is asking me how my Valentine’s was on Tinder. Do you think if I was taken/had a Valentine’s I’d be on tinder? AHHHHHGHH

Reactions: 12
Every bleeping person is asking me how my Valentine’s was on Tinder. Do you think if I was taken/had a Valentine’s I’d be on tinder? AHHHHHGHH
Ahhhh yes. The new “So how’s lockdown been treating you?” 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Remember when it was just, "So how is your weekend going?" 😆
Ahhhh they were simpler times ☺ Now if anyone asks me that question, I immediately want to rip them a new one 🤣 We’re in lockdown hun, it’s going the same way every weekend has gone since bleeping December 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember chatting to this one bloke ages ago. If he messaged me at the weekend, it was of course the standard, "How is your weekend going?"

If he messaged on Monday or Tuesday, it was, "How was your weekend?"

If he messaged on Thursday or Friday, it was, "Any plans for the weekend?"

Then, this one Wednesday, I was treated with, "Did you have a nice weekend? Up to anything exciting this weekend?"

I mean, bleeping hell!! 😂

I replied with, "Wow, you really love asking me about my weekends."

Him: "Oh do I?"

Me: "Yes. You ask me every time you message me."

Him: "Oh I hadn't noticed ha ha."

Thankfully that was the last time I ever heard from him 😆 God, how I miss that witty repartee.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ahhhh yes. The new “So how’s lockdown been treating you?” 🤣🤣
Makes me cringe. I hate it. Boke 🤢

I remember chatting to this one bloke ages ago. If he messaged me at the weekend, it was of course the standard, "How is your weekend going?"

If he messaged on Monday or Tuesday, it was, "How was your weekend?"

If he messaged on Thursday or Friday, it was, "Any plans for the weekend?"

Then, this one Wednesday, I was treated with, "Did you have a nice weekend? Up to anything exciting this weekend?"

I mean, bleeping hell!! 😂

I replied with, "Wow, you really love asking me about my weekends."

Him: "Oh do I?"

Me: "Yes. You ask me every time you message me."

Him: "Oh I hadn't noticed ha ha."

Thankfully that was the last time I ever heard from him 😆 God, how I miss that witty repartee.
I feel this. I have come off the dating apps now because the absolute bore I feel when all I get is 'good day?' or 'any plans for the weekend?'

I have started responding sarcastically like 'yeah ran the London marathon yesterday' or 'swam the channel yesterday'

The responses are always 'OMG really?'

NO WE ARE IN A LOCKDOWN. Nobody has done anything for a year 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To play devil's advocate, I think hearing about a person's standard day can be a great insight into their life and how compatible you might be. Completely understand it can be repetitive though! I would only ask about someone's day/weekend if their profile didn't have anything at all I could pick up on and ask about. But if they haven't given anything to go off of, yeah, duck it, I'll ask about their day/weekend 😅

Reactions: 5
Today all my messages have something along the line of “didn’t have a Valentine then?” “Do anything for Valentine’s?” “If we matched earlier I would’ve made you my Valentine’s”

honestly duck off

• Heart
Reactions: 6
To play devil's advocate, I think hearing about a person's standard day can be a great insight into their life and how compatible you might be. Completely understand it can be repetitive though! I would only ask about someone's day/weekend if their profile didn't have anything at all I could pick up on and ask about. But if they haven't given anything to go off of, yeah, duck it, I'll ask about their day/weekend 😅
I think the problem is when you have multiple men messaging asking the exact same question. Plus, I've always had loads of ice-breaker potential in my profiles so there's never any excuse 😆

Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen this?! I met a few people before the last lockdown, then got with someone anyway and still have one guy who will not bugger off! I’ve said I’m now with someone and we are in lockdown anyway, even if I was single. Code for: piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the problem is when you have multiple men messaging asking the exact same question. Plus, I've always had loads of ice-breaker potential in my profiles so there's never any excuse 😆
That's how I feel! I have a range of interests I've listed, an interesting job title, a variety of pictures, and all you can give me is 'hey how are you' or a heart face emoji?! Like come on man, you may be boring as hell but I'm not

Reactions: 4
Bumble has taken away the option for what height of men/ women you want so swipe through. you have to pay to use that filter for height specifics!! Wtf.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Ladies, this might have been discussed already but I’ve just popped onto Hinge after finishing work and I’ve had a match from the same guy for about the 6th time since I joined back in November. I’ve declined him every single time, he’s not my type. How does he keep re-matching me?! I thought once you’d said “No thanks hun” that was the end? 🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ladies, this might have been discussed already but I’ve just popped onto Hinge after finishing work and I’ve had a match from the same guy for about the 6th time since I joined back in November. I’ve declined him every single time, he’s not my type. How does he keep re-matching me?! I thought once you’d said “No thanks hun” that was the end? 🤯🤯🤯
Let’s see a pic of him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
This post could probably go in the threads on things that give you the ick or make you cringe.
I’ve matched a 33 y/o man on bumble and he has his ig on his bio.
So I went and had a look at his account and it’s private, but the fact he’s changed the style of font made me 🤢 wtf is crumpy !!?

D5FAA872-FCE8-44D7-9B15-C0F6B3C038F1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.