Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried 'Facebook Dating'? Actually horrendous. I didn't even last 12 hours.

I tried it twice hated it!

I've been off dating apps for awhile now and not missing it at all focusing on myself! Also the guy i was speaking to before xmas im still in contact with him just get few conversations and always asking to meet 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
So, was chatting on and off to a Tinder bloke last summer. Things fizzled out but he recently got back in touch on WhatsApp.

We've just been having a casual, flirty chat, I wasn't it assuming it would really go anywhere, so was amping up the flirting a bit. He did actually say, when it's possible he would like to take me out for a drink.

Anyway, he told me is full name, just because I was teasing him over something, so I obviously looked him up on social media.

So, I discovered a video he made of a fundraising event he was involved with a couple of years ago. He's featured on it, speaking, etc, and there is just no way I would fancy him in real life 😖

This is why all this OD stuff is so crap. The thought of flirting with a bloke I would not fancy whatsoever is really third degree cringe 😩😆

Reactions: 11
So, was chatting on and off to a Tinder bloke last summer. Things fizzled out but he recently got back in touch on WhatsApp.

We've just been having a casual, flirty chat, I wasn't it assuming it would really go anywhere, so was amping up the flirting a bit. He did actually say, when it's possible he would like to take me out for a drink.

Anyway, he told me is full name, just because I was teasing him over something, so I obviously looked him up on social media.

So, I discovered a video he made of a fundraising event he was involved with a couple of years ago. He's featured on it, speaking, etc, and there is just no way I would fancy him in real life 😖

This is why all this OD stuff is so crap. The thought of flirting with a bloke I would not fancy whatsoever is really third degree cringe 😩😆
Oh no 😧 I did have a little giggle, though. Have you spoken to him since watching the video??

Reactions: 1
😅 No, I haven't. This was only last night. Goddamnit!!! 😂
Something similar happened to my friend recently. Chatting to a guy for a week on Hinge, went on a walking date, got on well, keen to see him again. Then a few days after the date he he sent her a video message of him sat in his car talking rubbish, nothing offensive just boring chat and it made her cringe and totally put her off. She told him the next day she wasn’t interested!

Reactions: 4
At least you found out sooner rather than later, I suppose? Frustrating though for sure!

Reactions: 2
What’s this? I haven’t heard of it.
It's on the Facebook app (I'm on iphone) on the bottom toolbar, it's the heart icon, you can create a profile from scratch as it's not linked to your FB profile. Just a generic swipe based interface, looks a bit like Hinge...but all the men on there 😱 It was like looking through a police lineup

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So happy to have found this thread. I've been in a relationship for 3 years but absolutely despised the dating game, especially apps, but as I met both of my boyfriends on Bumble I find it hard to justify not using them 😂

Read through all 29 pages and glad to see the issues are universal. For me the most depressing thing was dealing with the terrible quality of chat that seemingly the majority of guys have. The idea of a dating app should be to talk to a load of people and then date those you click with the most, have similar interests with etc. But in reality for me 95% of conversations ended after 4 messages, guys routinely send one word replies, only talk about themselves and rarely ask questions.

That said, you only need one of them to go right but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. And starting and then ending these diabolically boring convos one after the other can take it's toll. Feels like such a waste of time. As you can tell I really do sympathise with the plight 😂 They have their uses but man they are a struggle

Reactions: 11
I bet most of the apps are going wild today

anyone heard anything about joyride?
I've seen people talking about it on tiktok but never see anyone talking about it

Reactions: 1
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! This is my first V Day single in 8 years. My relationship ended last April with ‘the one’ (or so I thought) and I was dreading today - but I’m actually feeling good! I’m not looking to date anytime soon, lockdown or not. Some of the stories on here solidify that for me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.