Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was chatting to this guy for a while, he seemed nice, good convo, and swapped numbers. Then he said would you like to meet up? I assumed for a walk, and he said fancy coming this way (brixton). This would mean me having to get the train, then a tube to meet this guy when i havenā€™t got a train since March, while he gets to sit at home and wait for me to arrive? So that was my first red flag, very ungentlemanly IMO, why should i have to travel all the way to you. So i said what would we do, thereā€™s nothing open anywhere (trying to call him out cos i knew what was coming but hoping heā€™d say for a walk) He said ā€˜yeah nothing to do so fancy coming over next saturday at 8pm and we can have a drink and get to know eachotherā€™. Like wtf šŸ˜‚ does this dude really think iā€™d go round some random guys house when iā€™ve never met him before? We all hear the horror stories about murders so that was it for me. Plus the fact he didnā€™t acknowledge covid so god knows how many girls heā€™s asked round. I then didnā€™t reply and blanked him and he messaged again saying ā€˜obviously that wouldnā€™t be my first choice but like you said thereā€™s no other optionā€™. No other option?! Delete.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I was chatting to this guy for a while, he seemed nice, good convo, and swapped numbers. Then he said would you like to meet up? I assumed for a walk, and he said fancy coming this way (brixton). This would mean me having to get the train, then a tube to meet this guy when i havenā€™t got a train since March, while he gets to sit at home and wait for me to arrive? So that was my first red flag, very ungentlemanly IMO, why should i have to travel all the way to you. So i said what would we do, thereā€™s nothing open anywhere (trying to call him out cos i knew what was coming but hoping heā€™d say for a walk) He said ā€˜yeah nothing to do so fancy coming over next saturday at 8pm and we can have a drink and get to know eachotherā€™. Like wtf šŸ˜‚ does this dude really think iā€™d go round some random guys house when iā€™ve never met him before? We all hear the horror stories about murders so that was it for me. Plus the fact he didnā€™t acknowledge covid so god knows how many girls heā€™s asked round. I then didnā€™t reply and blanked him and he messaged again saying ā€˜obviously that wouldnā€™t be my first choice but like you said thereā€™s no other optionā€™. No other option?! Delete.

Oh god! I think a lot of guys have tried to work pubs being closed to their advantage by thinking they can get away with inviting a girl straight back to theirs šŸ˜¬ probs the dream for some guys but I can't help but wonder how successful that is, surely no girl is falling for it?!

Reactions: 9
Reactivated Okcupid because I'm that bored...on my 'looking for' section, I specify I'm not interested in anyone over 30 at the moment. What do I get? Loads of messages from 35 year olds. They are so bleeping stupid it's unreal

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I will give him one thing.. at least he's being honest and clear about what he wants. I hate it when men clearly want something casual but disguise it as something else
ā€œSex or sextingā€. The sexting part made me laugh.
Maybe I should be flattered he wants to have sex with me. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜

Reactions: 1

Good article in the guardian about the state of things for everyone single or in a non-cohabitating relationship atm! Definitely agree that the current rules are favoured towards people in a classic nuclear family, but equally, I can see it is tough for the gov to branch out from that without compromising lives/overall progress in the pandemic šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.