Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think initially it's fine to date multiple people. But there does come a point where it definitely becomes unfair and also you do end up liking one more.

In my experience anyway, usually within a few weeks most have run their course and I end up down to one. What I would do is to stop arranging new dates if I had a few coming up, focus on those, maybe get down to one, see them for a bit, that ends and then start again.
I personally wouldn’t multiple date if I was sleeping with one (that gives me the ick). Is that what you guys feel? I always ask about STI checks as well (but then I always get checked because I’m paranoid). Men usually are cool with this though and will show you in my experience. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I live in London too and that never happens! I must be old and ugly ha!
Well they are men in their late 20s so I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them 😂Considering I never get any real life attention, I think my profile must be doing the heavy lifiting for me!

Well they are men in their late 20s so I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them 😂Considering I never get any real life attention, I think my profile must be doing the heavy lifiting for me!
What do you say on your profile? Is it really chilled? And I presume your pictures are all insta-worthy!

What do you say on your profile? Is it really chilled? And I presume your pictures are all insta-worthy!
I say that I work as a librarian but I'm not the stereotypical librarian! Then I say my main interests are cultural stuff, especially music and theatre, and finish off with a lil joke about how I'm clearly loyal because I still use my ipod classic from 2008 😭I also state that I'm 5ft 8 (cos we know how sensitive the mens get about height) and that I'm not looking for anything casual. I have 3 pics of me taken by someone else, 1 selfie and 1 pic with a friend where it's clear which one is me!

I don't think some men take a blind bit of notice of the bio though! I think it's important to keep it fairly light hearted, I could just write my list of NO swipes like 'don't swipe on me if you like sports because I'd rather die than sit through a game' but I think the negative energy is awful!

Reactions: 1
I say that I work as a librarian but I'm not the stereotypical librarian! Then I say my main interests are cultural stuff, especially music and theatre, and finish off with a lil joke about how I'm clearly loyal because I still use my ipod classic from 2008 😭I also state that I'm 5ft 8 (cos we know how sensitive the mens get about height) and that I'm not looking for anything casual. I have 3 pics of me taken by someone else, 1 selfie and 1 pic with a friend where it's clear which one is me!

I don't think some men take a blind bit of notice of the bio though! I think it's important to keep it fairly light hearted, I could just write my list of NO swipes like 'don't swipe on me if you like sports because I'd rather die than sit through a game' but I think the negative energy is awful!
Mine is pretty light hearted. Certainly no negative speech. Pics are all recent too, with full shots. Guess it’s because I keep my age range and distance quite tight.

Reactions: 3
if one more grown man asks for my snapchat instead of my whatsapp i think i’m gonna give up dating for life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I have a date tomorrow. Some of you might remember in the last thread I had a date with a guy who said "I'm not feeling this" and left me alone in a pub to finish my drink 😅 . Beforehand he was way less chatty and I said I was looking forward to it and he left me on read for a day and only text on the day of the date to say where he was. Before when we were arranging he left it to me and had very little enthusiasm. When I suggested places I had researched he just said 'they all look good, you choose".

This one is way different. He booked already and phoned to make sure the booking was confirmed. And he has still been chatty today and was the one to say he was really looking forward to it etc. I hope it goes well. He seems a lot nicer at least!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Put a little selfie up last Saturday whilst out and a guy I worked with as a teen (and matched with on tinder before Christmas but the chat died out) popped up with a "hey you". I'm gonna go out with him next Friday but I expect it'll be something casual if anything.

Summer roster incoming gals!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a date tomorrow. Some of you might remember in the last thread I had a date with a guy who said "I'm not feeling this" and left me alone in a pub to finish my drink 😅 . Beforehand he was way less chatty and I said I was looking forward to it and he left me on read for a day and only text on the day of the date to say where he was. Before when we were arranging he left it to me and had very little enthusiasm. When I suggested places I had researched he just said 'they all look good, you choose".

This one is way different. He booked already and phoned to make sure the booking was confirmed. And he has still been chatty today and was the one to say he was really looking forward to it etc. I hope it goes well. He seems a lot nicer at least!
awww I’m so here for this 👏🏻 Hope the date goes well! 💁🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4

Please keep us updated 👍

Reactions: 1

I hope it goes well.
Next time you get someone like the first just don’t bother going.

Reactions: 8
Reactions: 2
If you’re dating someone and sex is awful what would you do?
Be gone!

Although I don't like sex standard so it's all bad to me but yeah as Samantha said in SATC.... F me badly once shame on you, F me badly twice shame on me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If you’re dating someone and sex is awful what would you do?
Is it something that can improve? Sometimes sex can be bad the first few times due to nerves and getting to know each other, but it can get better and you can have a chat about what you like and don't like in the bedroom 😅
But if the sex is a complete write off then I'd say get out of there 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.