Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need your advice guys - do I get involved with a gorgeous but possibly too young guy?

For context, there's someone who works in my local shop who I see quite regularly and last week he started to get quite flirty, then on a couple of days ago he said something like 'maybe I'll see you outside of here sometime'. I was taken aback and started chattering like a monkey 🙈 but I think he's still interested - he asked my name after that.

The only problem is I think he's too young for me - I'm guessing maybe 21/22 at a push and I'm 29. What do you ladies think?? Could I possibly be a cougar?? 😂
100% yes!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Okay you guys have convinced me… if he asks for my number I’m giving it to him.

Also do people still exchange numbers or do they do something different now? Exchange Instagram handles?? Its been so long since I’ve dated I have no idea 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Okay you guys have convinced me… if he asks for my number I’m giving it to him.

Also do people still exchange numbers or do they do something different now? Exchange Instagram handles?? Its been so long since I’ve dated I have no idea 😩
I think someone that young it’s Snapchat 🤢😂 But I think that’s any age. I don’t even have Snapchat.

Reactions: 2
I'm not looking for anything serious tbh, I just want a summer romance! ☀
Then absolutely go for it if you find him attractive and interesting enough. In any case, it’s always interesting to meet new people and hear their stories.

Reactions: 6
This is enough to put me off the young ‘uns… 🤢

Ah man I finally have a date I’m mid 40s and the guy is mid 30s. I went to a family party and my cousins best friend was there who I haven’t seen for years. This man is now very hot, sexy and super confident.
Any way after the party he sent me a message saying how nice it was to see me and now we are going on a date.
Is this crazy

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Explain the hagmaxxing thing to me please? Are they using us, ahem more mature ladies, for money, sex and to gaslight our younger sisters?

A proud hag who clearly would've burned at the village stake in a different time would genuinely love to know. Thanks.

• Haha
Thats not Genz that is 4chan/Incel chat

The "maxx" gives it away

I wouldn't date a gen z man though anyway as they are very regressive politically and that doesn't sit well with me

Thats not Genz that is 4chan/Incel chat

The "maxx" gives it away

I wouldn't date a gen z man though anyway as they are very regressive politically and that doesn't sit well with me
I don't understand a single word you say in the first two lines. It seems I need to hunt down an updated dictionary as I seem to lack vocabulary.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Any thread title suggestion?
I don’t have a thread title suggestion but I did download tinder in my “I’m going to be single forever” crisis and one man’s photos was an aerial shot of him in the bath with bubbles covering his bits and bobs so that was nice 💀

Feel like that sums up dating apps quite nicely 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
I don’t have a thread title suggestion but I did download tinder in my “I’m going to be single forever” crisis and one man’s photos was an aerial shot of him in the bath with bubbles covering his bits and bobs so that was nice 💀

Feel like that sums up dating apps quite nicely 🤣
Being single forever doesn't sound like the worst option tbh... better to be "left on the shelf" than be in the wrong cupboard 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My friend has been dating someone on and off for 1 year. Hes not talking to her because sometimes when she texts him, he is streaming something from his phone to his TV and his son sees her texts. From what I here, there mostly innocent and not complete filth.

She says never has any way of knowing if hes doing this (unless he tells her not to text), or knowing if his son is holding his phone but somehow its her fault he reads them and despite apoligising, she is in the doghouse and he hasnt spoken to her for most of this week.

Is it me being unreasonable and not appreciating his perspective and getting riled on her behave on this or is it utterly batshit?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My friend has been dating someone on and off for 1 year. Hes not talking to her because sometimes when she texts him, he is streaming something from his phone to his TV and his son sees her texts. From what I here, there mostly innocent and not complete filth.

She says never has any way of knowing if hes doing this (unless he tells her not to text), or knowing if his son is holding his phone but somehow its her fault he reads them and despite apoligising, she is in the doghouse and he hasnt spoken to her for most of this week.

Is it me being unreasonable and not appreciating his perspective and getting riled on her behave on this or is it utterly batshit?
I say he’s married or certainly in a relationship with someone else and he doesn’t want the kid to spill 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 24
Anyone who acts like you’re a secret needs to get in the bin. Why Would his son think anything of this over anyone else texting him?

I’ve never hidden that I’m dating from my daughter. It’s important kids know that you can still have a life while they’re the priority.

Ok I have more tea. Apparentley she refers to him as 'baby' or 'daddy' sometimes and thats what hes seen so maybe thats what is causing the problem. I cant understand why he wouldnt reply to an apoligy or text her at all tho.

Ok and a text asking him to nail her.

• Haha
Ok I have more tea. Apparentley she refers to him as 'baby' or 'daddy' sometimes and thats what hes seen so maybe thats what is causing the problem. I cant understand why he wouldnt reply to an apoligy or text her at all tho.

Ok and a text asking him to nail her.
With more context I can understand why he wouldn't want her texting those sorts of things if his son can see.

Although I don't understand why he streams from his phone to the TV if he is that worried.

I think calling men who aren't your dad "daddy" is an ick but also why would she be using that term in a nonsexual context? It doesn't make sense to me. Is she saying things like "want me to pick up some semi skimmed milk on the way home daddy?"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.