Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How would you guys feel if the guy you were dating is just a year older than you (very late 30s) and you found out his 9 year relationship was with someone 9 years younger than him, meaning that they met when she was 19 and he was pushing 30. Is it weird that this has given ne the ick a bit? Even though it’s nearly the same gap my ex has with his fiance but because we’re now all in our 30s it seems fine? I don’t know if it’s just that it’s made me feel old and haggard? Or if it’s something more… I dunno what I’m thinking really.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
How would you guys feel if the guy you were dating is just a year older than you (very late 30s) and you found out his 9 year relationship was with someone 9 years younger than him, meaning that they met when she was 19 and he was pushing 30. Is it weird that this has given ne the ick a bit? Even though it’s nearly the same gap my ex has with his fiance but because we’re now all in our 30s it seems fine? I don’t know if it’s just that it’s made me feel old and haggard? Or if it’s something more… I dunno what I’m thinking really.
Yeah I get this. The difference between 19-30 and 30-40 are very different in terms of maturity and life experience. Definitely an imbalance with an age gap like that.

Reactions: 14
No I would feel the same

Reactions: 3
Mr tinder is officially in Doha.
I'm not sad as i thought i might be, he's got a really important job out there and i have an interview for promotion coming up so we'll be busy enough not to be sad emo thirty-teens over each other (although i have the urge to dye my hair red). He's missing me more than i am him i think. We downloaded some chinese spyware apps for long distance couples, which i think actually are working for us

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ah the apps, in the last hour I have had one guy ask me if I was a trans woman (I’m not) and another say I looked like Liz Hurley (I don’t).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I had a slightly similar situation. Guy I was dating is 40 and his ex right before me is 25.
They started dating when he was 38 and she was 23. His defense? “She’s extremely mature”.

We had a huge disagreement on this. He thinks it’s absolutely fine and that I was projecting my age related insecurities on his ex. Absolute bollocks.

Huge massive ick. We’re not dating anymore!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I had a slightly similar situation. Guy I was dating is 40 and his ex right before me is 25.
They started dating when he was 38 and she was 23. His defense? “She’s extremely mature”.

We had a huge disagreement on this. He thinks it’s absolutely fine and that I was projecting my age related insecurities on his ex. Absolute bollocks.

Huge massive ick. We’re not dating anymore!
bizarrely it’s not much different to my sisters age gap and when they met BUT and I say this with sincerity, my BIL is the most feminist kind principled man I know outside of my own father. They connected because of shared moral values and are possibly my only indication that soulmates are real. However, they are an exception to me.
My guy was with her for a long time. She is 30 now. They have a child. But I don’t know, I know I need to bring it up. Especially as it also explains some of the immature behaviour I’ve seen displayed from her over my existence even though she cheated on him.
im playful and know my inner child but im also a grown up. Yes he’s with me now but it’s just… totally weirded me out

Reactions: 2
bizarrely it’s not much different to my sisters age gap and when they met BUT and I say this with sincerity, my BIL is the most feminist kind principled man I know outside of my own father. They connected because of shared moral values and are possibly my only indication that soulmates are real. However, they are an exception to me.
My guy was with her for a long time. She is 30 now. They have a child. But I don’t know, I know I need to bring it up. Especially as it also explains some of the immature behaviour I’ve seen displayed from her over my existence even though she cheated on him.
im playful and know my inner child but im also a grown up. Yes he’s with me now but it’s just… totally weirded me out
How long have you been with him?
And what immature behaviour has she demonstrated - was it jealousy or is she preventing him from making plans with you?

Ah the apps, in the last hour I have had one guy ask me if I was a trans woman (I’m not) and another say I looked like Liz Hurley (I don’t).
I’ve had are you from Scotland?
Are you sure you don’t have any Scottish heritage?
When I said no the first two times followed by I’m most definitely English. He took offence and unmatched.
He was a short arse so he can take that negativity elsewhere

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
So my Hinge adventure has come to an end… three weeks after downloading 😆😆😆.
I have been on three dates.

-First was a complete lech and made me feel so uncomfortable, clammiest hands known to man, could have started a new life form with them.
-Second looked nothing like his picture and I did a David Brent “for duck’s sake 😑😑😑” when he called my name. He had a dreadlock rats tail down his back 🤦🏻‍♀️
-The third was great and we are going to try to meet again soon. 6’3, good looking and normal!

Have a 4th tomorrow, he’s already put me off by suggesting the shittest pub known to man. We live in a nice area with lots of v posh places or country pubs and he chooses some awful old man pub that I wouldn’t step foot in. Give me strength. I’m just hoping date 3 and I can meet again 🥰

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
How long have you been with him?
And what immature behaviour has she demonstrated - was it jealousy or is she preventing him from making plans with you?
Six monthsish

it’s been a general prolonged bad attitude about the fact I exist. She’s been with someone else since before she broke up with him (that she moved into their home two months prior as a friend) but outside of knowing that I’ve stayed out of it as much as possible and just sort of rolled my eyes as she isn’t really anything to do with me and he’s very good at not entertaining it either unless he’s worried it will affect their child.

Six monthsish

it’s been a general prolonged bad attitude about the fact I exist. She’s been with someone else since before she broke up with him (that she moved into their home two months prior as a friend) but outside of knowing that I’ve stayed out of it as much as possible and just sort of rolled my eyes as she isn’t really anything to do with me and he’s very good at not entertaining it either unless he’s worried it will affect their child.
It doesn't sound pleasant, but if you can stay out of it then it probably won't affect your relationship too much.

It seems a good idea to bring it up with him though, you could simply ask if she has been like this sicne the beginning of their relationship, how he handled her immature reactions etc.

Guys- I pop in it and out on this thread a lot but I just want to post something!

I went on a first date!!! My first one in over a year and it went so well. Even had a smooch at the end. It was 🔥🔥

I’m going away this Friday for a week sooo trying not to get my hopes up that things can change while I’m away but so far, so good!

We’re very similar in a lot of ways, and he has such a calming attitude all round but espically on me.

And guess where I met him?!

Facebook dating! 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Guys- I pop in it and out on this thread a lot but I just want to post something!

I went on a first date!!! My first one in over a year and it went so well. Even had a smooch at the end. It was 🔥🔥

I’m going away this Friday for a week sooo trying not to get my hopes up that things can change while I’m away but so far, so good!

We’re very similar in a lot of ways, and he has such a calming attitude all round but espically on me.

And guess where I met him?!

Facebook dating! 😂😂
yay love this! I met my boyfriend on Facebook dating too 😃

Reactions: 2
Tf do I wear for an evening axe throwing?!
First time meeting any of the bfs friends.
He's also meeting my daughter on Saturday for the first time. Things are going so well.

• Heart
First time poster but I'm SO confused as to what I just experienced I need to air it 🤣

I'm a 29yrs old, have spent the past few days spending time with a 26yr old. (Only ever dated older men so it's a new experience) and he still lives at home. (Dates outside the house, haven't met the parents but they know about me)

He's mentioned he doesn't have tattoos because he has a strict mum, which rang alarm bells as I have 26 of them. And also mentioned how he'd have to turn his phone off if we went to a certain club because his parents have his location on his phone.

Anyway I digress! We had a really nice evening together and then parked up at a nice viewpoint and shared music and stories. When all of a sudden at 245am a car pulls up next to us, he undoes his window and says hello and his mother starts screaming at him! She'd woken up his younger brother to drive her to where his location was 😂😂 he doesnt seem overly shocked and says his locations on so whys she stressing and she claimed I could have murdered him for all she knew. So I then had to introduce myself through the passenger window after she'd been screaming blue murder.

He laughed about it afterwards but didn't seem embarrassed or shocked, which makes me think this isn't unusual.

I'm genuinely gutted because we get on amazingly but shall I run now?!

Ps sorry its long it needed the detail!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
First time poster but I'm SO confused as to what I just experienced I need to air it 🤣

I'm a 29yrs old, have spent the past few days spending time with a 26yr old. (Only ever dated older men so it's a new experience) and he still lives at home. (Dates outside the house, haven't met the parents but they know about me)

He's mentioned he doesn't have tattoos because he has a strict mum, which rang alarm bells as I have 26 of them. And also mentioned how he'd have to turn his phone off if we went to a certain club because his parents have his location on his phone.

Anyway I digress! We had a really nice evening together and then parked up at a nice viewpoint and shared music and stories. When all of a sudden at 245am a car pulls up next to us, he undoes his window and says hello and his mother starts screaming at him! She'd woken up his younger brother to drive her to where his location was 😂😂 he doesnt seem overly shocked and says his locations on so whys she stressing and she claimed I could have murdered him for all she knew. So I then had to introduce myself through the passenger window after she'd been screaming blue murder.

He laughed about it afterwards but didn't seem embarrassed or shocked, which makes me think this isn't unusual.

Yes. And save your post in case you ever write a book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Yes!
Imagine the family as in laws!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Wow his mum sounds like a character!!
He seems like a mummy boy and a little too invested in his business

• Heart

Are you sure he’s not 14?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.