Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i went with @Captainmouse (i think!)’s post, suggested by @BWGossip 😘

as always i like to start a new thread with an image that truly captures MY dating life right now so here it is:

as you were ladies 😘😘

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Saw this on hinge tonight and nearly threw up

IMG_5466.jpeg

Jesus Christ what happened to buying a girl a drink first??

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Hi all! Hope everyone is keeping well? I saw the new thread 😃 nothing new happening, not dating or anything and I think im at peace 😎 the funny thing is the longer you go without sex I think the less you need it- does anyone else feel in the same boat? I feel like it would have to be someone really special to change that, and. Honestly haven’t got the energy to go online and wade through the profiles…I think it I was younger then I defo would, but it all seems a bit self harmful if I’ve come to a point where I feel ok after the last one? Anyone else here feeling this? I’ve got this one friend that’s a lot younger than me who’s desperate for her bf to propose to her just because she wants (in her words) “the status of being married” and she’s always saying to me “its so odd you’ve never been married” as if settling for just anyone is better than being single by choice 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Hi all! Hope everyone is keeping well? I saw the new thread 😃 nothing new happening, not dating or anything and I think im at peace 😎 the funny thing is the longer you go without sex I think the less you need it- does anyone else feel in the same boat? I feel like it would have to be someone really special to change that, and. Honestly haven’t got the energy to go online and wade through the profiles…I think it I was younger then I defo would, but it all seems a bit self harmful if I’ve come to a point where I feel ok after the last one? Anyone else here feeling this? I’ve got this one friend that’s a lot younger than me who’s desperate for her bf to propose to her just because she wants (in her words) “the status of being married” and she’s always saying to me “its so odd you’ve never been married” as if settling for just anyone is better than being single by choice 😂😂😂
The status of being married?? Oh what in the 1950s housewife is going on there?! It makes me so sad to hear of women in this day and age with that mindset 😪 There is absolutely nothing odd about prioritising your own happiness and wellbeing over the "status of being married"

Delighted to hear you are content and at peace with where you are now. I totally agree with you on the sex thing. When I am with someone and feeling content and cared for I have a reasonably high sex drive but when I'm single a while it fades. So I think its the overall experience of sex and intimacy and bonding that I enjoy most rather than just the actual sexual gratification/getting off.

I'm also single and not perusing the apps as I found them soul destroying. I simply don't have mental energy or resilience to wade through disappointment after disappointment in the hopes of finding someone decent and I'm okay with that! I'm open to meeting someone in other ways but am so happy with my decision to forget the apps!

• Heart
It's so good to hear how content you are! I've also given up on the apps, just no good for my self esteem and I've realised I'm never going to meet any of them in real life as there's been no spark for a while.

I agree about the sex thing, when i have it i want it more but when i don't, as time passes, I don't miss it.

I've got friends who say stuff to me like that about being single, like I've got 2 heads because I've chosen to not be in a couple.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Same. I have no desire to do online dating. Putting myself in the frame of mind that I need to actively look, search, and preen myself for the benefit of a male gaze, is telling my subconscious that finding someone to love me is work. It’s hard work. I don’t want that in my subconscious at all. I’m not hard to love. I thought that for years and years, and just ended up with men who kept harming me. It will happen, if it happens. If not, I will have my fulfilling life that I’ve created for myself, with my daughter, friends and my dogs. I’ll also be moisturised, a stable weight, ph balanced, with a nervous system in equilibrium. That’s enough. What’s not to like about that?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
As if I got sassed by someone who had been on the apps for a grand total of TWO DAYS 😂😬
IMG_8196.jpeg
IMG_8197.jpeg

*obvs the typo I made should say apps not ape

Love how he contradicted himself anyway- tells me that dating should lead to a relationship all while not knowing what he wants 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As if I got sassed by someone who had been on the apps for a grand total of TWO DAYS 😂😬View attachment 2826074View attachment 2826077

Love how he contradicted himself anyway- tells me that dating should lead to a relationship all while not knowing what he wants 😂
Ugh. There's not a day goes by that I don't wish we had an eyeroll reaction on here 🙄 he sounds a right prick. Ape might be an appropriate type there Rayne!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As if I got sassed by someone who had been on the apps for a grand total of TWO DAYS 😂😬View attachment 2826074View attachment 2826077

They have ALL only been on there two days. It’s a bit like what they say in prison. “We are all innocent in here” not that I’ve been to prison before, but you know what I mean! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I actually can’t stand it, I ask every man now what he is looking for within a few messages. I don’t know why I bother I’m because the answer is always the same - they don’t know.
These are men in their thirties and forties ffs, they absolutely do know what they want. They want a girlfriend without her actually being his girlfriend so he can stay on the apps and look for someone better

• Heart
  • Sick
I actually can’t stand it, I ask every man now what he is looking for within a few messages. I don’t know why I bother I’m because the answer is always the same - they don’t know.
These are men in their thirties and forties ffs, they absolutely do know what they want. They want a girlfriend without her actually being his girlfriend so he can stay on the apps and look for someone better
They will say they want a relationship, even when they don’t. So you can’t even trust what they say.

Often they say things like “Just looking to see what’s out there”

I once replied with, “Do you need binoculars?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I always ask because their profile says one thing and they end up meaning another. I got sick of wasting my time.

As for that screenshot up there, I report those profiles. I’m a girls girl, not interested in being with any man who’s looking for that.

Could you imagine the abuse a women would get if she had that on her profile?

Reactions: 6
They will say they want a relationship, even when they don’t. So you can’t even trust what they say.

Often they say things like “Just looking to see what’s out there”

I once replied with, “Do you need binoculars?”
They literally don’t even bother saying they want a relationship now (maybe one out of ten, to me anyway). They don’t even put any effort in to lying about it, that’s how socially acceptable it if for them to “not know what they’re looking for” aged 40 and still get women to date meet them 😬

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
They literally don’t even bother saying they want a relationship now (maybe one out of ten, to me anyway). They don’t even put any effort in to lying about it, that’s how socially acceptable it if for them to “not know what they’re looking for” aged 40 and still get women to date meet them 😬
I’ve not been on dating sites for over 6 years. But it sounds like it’s got WILD out there. I mean, it was bad before. But now it seems like you say, they couldn’t care less. And don’t bother. I remember seeing profiles of men in their mid to late fifties with “wants kids” They can get creative. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I love this for us all!!! Especially the bit about equilibrium!! (Sorry I don’t know how to quote multiple posts at once so this is love to you all ❤❤❤💕💕 I think the toxic intense type of connections really mess with our brain chemistry and this is what messes us up!!
Whenever I think about dating now I think about sitting in a bar telling the 3rd stranger that month what I like to do in my free time 🤡🤡😂😂😂…I have my dog too and she’s literally my partner we are so aligned in emotion!
You have all made my morning with your replies! Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t think you’re aware of it but you just summed it all up in the last sentence,❤😂I can die happy! Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They have ALL only been on there two days. It’s a bit like what they say in prison. “We are all innocent in here” not that I’ve been to prison before, but you know what I mean! 😄
The last relationship is always “a few months ago” and “we wanted different things” lol

• Haha
  • Heart