Dating after lockdown #30 WHY ARE MEN SO BORING

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was chatting to a guyon bumble, he ended up cancelling last week because he was under the weather...we were meant to meet up this Wednesday instead but he's gone quiet so I can just tell what will happen šŸ™„
Literally wtf is up with men lately that's making them so scared to meet up? Is it something in the water??

The guy who ghosted me like a month ago is still sitting in my Tinder inbox like it's a cemetery. Why do they ghost but not unmatch?? I wish I'd just suggested we meet up before the convo died, I think I'm better in person...

Reactions: 8
Looks like Iā€™ve been ghosted by the only guy I liked looks-wise. We agreed to move over to Whatsapp and he seemed so keen, but then he somehow disappeared and I was left with a handful of very nice, talkative guys I just donā€™t fancy šŸ„² Nice jobs too ā€” a couple of musicians, an actor, a ballet dancer, but none of them are my type. Having standards is tough and ghosting should be criminalised!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
So with the hinge boost I got 23 likes in an hour. I didn't like a single guy. 0/10 wouldn't recommend

I think I'm broken tbh šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
It's not you...the algorithm is terrible. It doesn't show you a single suitable man because they're all trapped in rose jail!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Looks like Iā€™ve been ghosted by the only guy I liked looks-wise. We agreed to move over to Whatsapp and he seemed so keen, but then he somehow disappeared and I was left with a handful of very nice, talkative guys I just donā€™t fancy šŸ„² Nice jobs too ā€” a couple of musicians, an actor, a ballet dancer, but none of them are my type. Having standards is tough and ghosting should be criminalised!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE MEN!!!!!!!! ghosting epidemic i swear to god. it's sick and cruel, absolute timewasters
---
it's the same with me as well. the chattiest ones are the ones i fancy the least out of my matches šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Have you guys seen this Twitter thread on guy in America on the dating apps.

So creepy and how he tried pull the same socially unacceptable moves on multiple girls and try and. Disguise himself as a nice guy.
Makes me furious really that we put our selves out there and we really don't know who we are meeting at all
If you are are interested read whole thread. Videos with voicenotes are strangest part..shiver

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14

So creepy and how he tried pull the same socially unacceptable moves on multiple girls and try and. Disguise himself as a nice guy.
Makes me furious really that we put our selves out there and we really don't know who we are meeting at all
If you are are interested read whole thread. Videos with voicenotes are strangest part..shiver
I just saw this on Twitter, the voice notes are absolutely insane!! I was shouting SHUT UPPP at my phone but he just kept talking!! IMO this is one of THE biggest online dating faux pas that men make. There used to be a loophole on Tinder where if your Instagram was connected to it, they could see your username. I used to get at least one DM a week from some creepy guy who had seen me on there and we hadn't even matched. It was always the slimiest, fugliest guys too, never the hot ones you'd want to contact you. If I don't like you on there, don't contact me!!

It's why I never understand women who put their social media links on their profiles. Why you would want to encourage these weirdos is beyond me.

i saw it yesterday!

those voice notes made my skin crawl. and his obviously rehearsed lines of oh gosh iā€™m messaging you, donā€™t mind me, iā€™m just a nice guy, oh gosh i donā€™t know what to say oh dear.

it really does give you the shivers like you say. we truly have no idea who weā€™re really speaking to when weā€™re putting ourselves out there and sharing information, and this guy actively hunted for her social media. horrible.
---
It's why I never understand women who put their social media links on their profiles. Why you would want to encourage these weirdos is beyond me.
she didnā€™t. he admitted in the messages to searching every kelsey facebook profile in the la area until he found her šŸ¤¢

• Sick
  • Angry
she didnā€™t. he admitted in the messages to searching every kelsey facebook profile in the la area until he found her šŸ¤¢
Oh I wasn't sure if she did or not! That makes it 100x worse. Someone did it to me once on Facebook, I think I blocked him instantly after telling him how much of a stalker he was. I know from the number of men's profiles who go on about it šŸ˜‘ that a lot of women do just list their socials instead of a bio...but it's just too risky imo, even if you do just want to give them a better idea of your personality

hiiii! Iā€™m new to this thread but HAD to read it when I saw the title. Iā€™ve been single for 4 and a half years, consistently on and off dating apps, and itā€™s honestly hell on earth šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve probably spoke to about 60 men in that time on dating apps across hinge, bumble and tinder. Iā€™ve totally given up now. All of my friends are in relationships, and Iā€™ve had to become very comfortable in my own company but sometimes Iā€™m like ahhh I would love someone to spend all this time with. Itā€™s relentless, I donā€™t know how people have found people on there !!

uhhh guys... does anyone know how facebook friend suggestions work?

i may or may not have been looking at my ghosts profile in the last couple weeks (šŸ„“)... we have no mutual friends at all obviously, cause we met on hinge..
he just appeared in my friend suggestions. will i appear in his? he'll know i've been creeping thenšŸ’€šŸ¤® he's also on no other social media so it's not because of an instagram connection or something..
Sometimes it shows people who you have texted etc if their number is linked to their Facebook I think? Iā€™ve had random guys Iā€™ve dated show up on my suggestions that way

Reactions: 4
Well my neighbour cancelled our date for the weekend
It may be for the better: I went on a date with a neighbour in undergrade, he ended up stalking me for 6 months. Now my rules is to never date people who knows where I live and never bring a date home before I'm sure he isn't a weirdo šŸ˜¬

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Neighbour has now asked now if he can come over for a takeaway and wine when my daughter is in bed one night. I don't do first dates at mine..completely sets the wrong precedent.

His reason for cancelling was he forgot he already had plans šŸ™„

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I just saw this on Twitter, the voice notes are absolutely insane!! I was shouting SHUT UPPP at my phone but he just kept talking!! IMO this is one of THE biggest online dating faux pas that men make. There used to be a loophole on Tinder where if your Instagram was connected to it, they could see your username. I used to get at least one DM a week from some creepy guy who had seen me on there and we hadn't even matched. It was always the slimiest, fugliest guys too, never the hot ones you'd want to contact you. If I don't like you on there, don't contact me!!

Would it be ok for a man to do that if he was hot then? Not throwing any shade at you I'm just curious as that is something I hear quite a lot from guys that are 'hot' they seem like they get away with this type of thing more.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Would it be ok for a man to do that if he was hot then? Not throwing any shade at you I'm just curious as that is something I hear quite a lot from guys that are 'hot' they seem like they get away with this type of thing more.
Probably not, I'd still find it weird and not really respond...to me, a guy who is sane and trustworthy is attractive, and no one like that would be likely to bypass the apps!

Reactions: 9
Honestly they don't get away with anything more!
Any men who say this is successful are either lying or purposely picking out women who they think lack boundaries.

Reactions: 6
Why do this in the first place?

Reactions: 5
Agreed it's silly and creepy but I was just querying the poster who said it might be ok for a hot guy to do this as she would find him physically attractive.
Yeah but you mentioned attractive friends that do this sort of thing. Itā€™s not cool from a hot person or a fugly one.

Reactions: 5

My god that man can talk!!

Reactions: 2
Agreed it's silly and creepy but I was just querying the poster who said it might be ok for a hot guy to do this as she would find him physically attractive.
where did she say that it ā€œmight be okay for a hot guy to do thisā€?!

i donā€™t care if the guy looks like henry cavill: if heā€™s going through hundreds of fb accounts with my first name so he message me in my own ā€œspaceā€ rather than on app, thatā€™s already a blatant disregard for boundaries and, to be blunt, makes me feel unsafe. the aw shucks nice guy tone of his messages made me want to shrivel up in a ball. he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. not to mention the amount of girls in the replies who heā€™d done the exact same thing to.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.